Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sims 3 launcher keeps telling me to install an update that i've already installed before.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » High-End Loft Stuff
saraluvsbrian

Hello,
I have had the sims 3, the sims 3 world adventures, and the sims 3 high-end loft stuff for quite some time now. every once and a while, the launcher tells me to update my game, which i do, and everything goes smoothly for the most part. The last time i tried to install an update as it said, everything went normal until the update was installed. I opened the launcher again to play the game after updating, but it told me i needed to update the game again so i did, but this time, right before it was going to update,it told me i had already installed this update and that i could do it again but it wouldn't be nessesary. I did it again anyway and it again told me I needed to install the update again. I've installed the same update about 10 times, but it won't let me play the sims 3...can anyone help me?
PhoenixDiv2

Sorry i cant help you there.
But i have the same problem! But actually, I only have the Sims 3 and not anything else. It really annoys me, and i really want to play.
angiebabe1859

Try uninstalling then reinstalling EA download manager. Here's a page from mod the sims on how to do it: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:EADM_Issues

Make sure to uninstall it COMPLETELY before you reinstall. Use the instructions on that page on how to do it properly.

I had trouble with my launcher crashing in the past, and this fixed it for me, so I hope it helps!
kalay5465

So my game is up to date but when i go to install the sims 3 generations it tells me that my game needs to be updated! help me ASAP!!!!!!! please?!!?
ajcsmom830

Marrauchia

I have a similar problem I have most of the Sims 3 not including Sims 3 fast lane and Sims 3 outdoor living stuff.. and Recently when released i installed The Sims 3 Generations.. I don't really download my games updates i just skip to playing, i know i should and all but now when i try to it says that it fail to install because it was interrupted and i'm not sure what interrupted it, nothing was up.... Also it gives me this other option to update something else and then it said i'd have to Uninstall my expansion pack(s) which i don't want to do because i have saved data... would i loose it of i did do that? UGH ITS SO FRUSTRATING i would normally just go and skip and play the game but i want my game to run faster and i want it to be updated with the other things that come with the update.... [b]OMG PLEASE HELP
KirstyBarney

i cant play my sims3 pets game that i have only just purchased!!!!
Everytime i go to install the game a update comes up that i have to accept to install the game i keep having to do this and nothing happens! tried 3 different computers everyone the same...
Someone help!!!!!!!!
beckybabz890

I had exactly the same problem and someone told me on the internet that it's to do with your downloads. Go to 'Downloads' on the sims 3 launcher and unistall them all. Then you may play your game, I did this and i can now play sims :3
Jake10

kalay5465 wrote:So my game is up to date but when i go to install the sims 3 generations it tells me that my game needs to be updated! help me ASAP!!!!!!! please?!!?

That means you just need to update your game! Just go to The Sims™ 3 Launcher, click on updates and check for new updates. And just install them it should work just fine.
rosey400

never mind i figured it out now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/11 05:28 PM

TheSimmer8910

my sims launcher keeps telling me that the the instalation is incomplete the sims 3 cannot run please reinstall and try again... could you help please ASAP
Loula_86

i recently purchased late night, generations and pets expansion packs, ive had no problem installing them but everytime ive tried playinning them i get the message needs to reinstall base game! does any1 else have this trouble? ive not yet got to play my new games as im reluctant to unistall my sims 3 to reinstall, will it mess up my other expansion packs?
taytay1014

I was having the EXACT same problem for like days. But it all started when I download the EA Download Manager. So just a few minutes ago I unistalled the EA Download Manager and it worked!
I'm just saying maybe this may be a solution.
Melekalmekemaka

Every time I try to do an update once it hits 99% it won't finish and says there is problem but i can't figure out what it is! Please help im unable to download anything new!!!!!
SimGuru_Mobius

Hello Melekalmekemaka,

What method are you using to update your copy of The Sims 3? Additionally, you may wish to uninstall your game manually, then reinstall from a clean directory. To do this, please visit http://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3 for instructions. Be sure to back up any save games and custom content that you have saved! If you have further questions, please post back.

((Mobius))

Post Reply Forum Index » High-End Loft Stuff
Go to: