Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims keep pausing!!!! Help!!!  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Drakoni

This has happened before where my Sims just randomly pause and I can't click anything but the environment and music carry on going, last time this happened I just put up with it and it just stopped but now it's happening again and I have no idea what I did last time to get it to stop!

I've read all the threads from people with the same problem but none of them helped at all. I've tried making a new town, I've evicted my family and put them back down and I've even tried to delete some of my downloaded content but NOTHING has worked!

PLEASE can someone help me, btw deleting the town in any way is NOT an option because I need it for my Sims series.
ccody14

I'm having this same problem. It must suck working at EA with all these buggy games they seem to release.
Drakoni

I wish they would freaking fix this glitch, it's been around for AGES.
csmiles

Wished I could tell you what would help in your case, but it seems that there is more than 1 bug that causes this. Without doing a total restart on the town after clipboarding your sims, I have had little luck using other methods. I know one of the reasons this happens is that either your sims or an NPC sim gets stuck in the middle of an action and the game keeps spending more and more resources trying to meet that sims needs. I am assuming that as the game progresses, it happens to more than 1 sim and the game reaches a point where it has little left for actual play. Since you might not notice this happening unless it is your sim or one you interact with often, there is no way to find the sim and fix them. I think one thing that would help is if EA put a total sim reset ability into the game. It would return ALL sims to their home point, cancel ALL stacked interactions, and remove ALL vehicles from the streets. This is what you are doing when you restart a new town and drop your sims back in. You can reset a sim if you know their first and last name now, but this is useless unless you know what sim is stuck.
geekgirl101

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic but this is still an issue, more so with Late Night and World Adventures. In Late Night sims can get stuck inside high-rise buildings because of the elevators being broken, you'd have to go into edit town and use buydebug to delete the elevator and replace it. In World Adventures you'll find that there's some spots where sims have trouble moving from, there's a fishing spot just outside the base camp where my sims can get stuck and I have to guide them off the bank to get back to the camp. And there's adventurers, townies, and paparazzi that venture into dungeons and then just stand there laughing their backsides off and not leaving them, and sometimes you'll find them just all stuck in one place inside someones' lot. You'd have to do a bit of searching to find them and to reset each one of them and that should hopefully fix the lag. In one of my cases it was a pair of chinese townies who went to a park and were just stood there making noises like Beavis and ******** until I zoomed my camera over to them and they started doing some actions which then got rid of the lagging.

Another probable cause can be by using moveobjects cheat. I think sometimes when that's enabled that sims can get themselves stuck in weird positions. I noticed this happened a lot in Twinbrook at the beach houses. Just enable it when you're building/buying things and then disable it when you're done before going into live mode.

Not sure how related this is but also be on the watch for your sims stuck in an action like working or upgrading something. If they look like they're at it for too long and the bar is full then cancel the action and have them go do something else.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/21/11 02:56 PM

CreativeCreature

I found a way to unstick even the SIMS we don't control (It unstuck 2 of my SIMS and an Explorer during a trip to Egypt...):

*First, write down the name of the SIM that is stuck (can be found by pointing at them). Then:

1) Press (at the same time) Shift+Control+C and then in the space on top of the screen type:

TestingCheatsEnabled True

and then press ENTER

2) Then, once again press Shift+Control+C at the same time.
In the space that appears on top of the page, type:

ResetSim (Sim's First Name) (Sim's Last Name)

*[There is one space between first and last names.]

and then press ENTER

Your SIM, one you have as playable or not, should be unstuck (it may be moved to another location in the game, but it's easy to locate one of your playable SIMS.).

If this helps anyone else, I'm glad. I receive so much help from the SIMS Community, I would be happy to be able to help someone else.
CreativeCreature

One more thing to add to my previous message -

just type the first and last names of the SIM who you want to unstick
No parenthesis around the names, just the names.

Wanted to be sure I could clarify that.
diligence

Unfortunatly with the stuck sim bug resetsim doesnt always work, even resetsim * which resets all sims in the world wont do it, this is when you know its like to save and exit cause buy/build mode are screwed and you will lose your UI console.

I have been playing my second restart for 16 game weeks and right on queue it resets my sim from going to work and into the floor of the house, which reset sim wouldnt fix. so looks like im gonna have to restart the game again and make my friends again, and rebuild all my clubs.
CreativeCreature

I know this sounds strange, but sometimes after enabling the cheats, if I go to Edit Town, and don't do anything there and return to my game, some of the testing cheats work that wouldn't work before. I discovered this totally by accident.

I am hoping it may help you to return to your game and then be able to reset your Sims so they are not stuck.

I will check to see if you post the results, and if it still doesn't work, I will see if I can find any other solutions online.
Eskayti

I noticed the pausing would happen alot when events where happening in town, such as Sims in other households aging up, but the pausing is now so frequent since adding Night Life and the Fast Lane and Outdoor Life stuff packs. When playing a 'pausy game' for a couple of hours, more than half of gameplay is spent watching my Sim pause ... and then move again ... and then pause ... and then move again ... I'll usually just go to the Main Menu and work with another Sim and hope the issue is gone when I come back. That used to work before adding Night Life, not anymore. I end up having to delete the 'pausy game' and start all over again, losing all the gains my Sim made and the pain in the rear of having to edit the town - again!

As for the cheats and debugs, I've never used any for The Sims 3 (except 'motherlode') - which is odd for me since for The Sims 2 I played like the Queen of Cheat Codes! Are you folks saying these current issues of pausing may be caused by a Sim being stuck in another part of the town? How do I find them? Do I need to get into cheat mode to find them and then ResetSim?
CreativeCreature

I found if I just wrote down the name of the stuck SIM, I can unstick that SIM.
I don't have to locate that SIM to unstick him/her.
Here is how I have been doing it:

Two-parter (*for this example, let's say the stuck SIM's name is Alpha Bet):

After starting the game of your choice, that has a stuck SIM...

Part 1-

Press Shift+Control+C at the same time
In the space appearing across the top of the screen, type this:
TestingCheatsEnabled True
Then, press Enter

Here's Part 2-

Press Shift+Control+C at the same time
In the space appearing across the top of the screen, type this:
ResetSim Alpha Bet
Then, press Enter

Just remember to type the first name and then the last name of your stuck SIM in the above example.
If more than one SIM is stuck, just do part 2 of the above instructions for each of those SIMS.

It works for me each time, but I must admit that the second trip on WA my SIMS family took was a "sticky situation" - - - I am finding myself constantly having to unstick each family member every time I launch the game (the trip is for more than 2 weeks in SIMS time, so it is ongoing for days for me).

Still, at least I don't have to cancel the entire game. It's likely it will be pretty much back to normal when they return home (it was like that during their last trip).

I hope this info may help you save your game, too.
PrincessCuppycakes

thank you sooo much csmiles iv had a guy that i noticed was stuck when one of my sims dropped something of at their house and i didnt think much of it. but i read your comment just before and deleted the house that he was at (cause thats the only way he coulda got loose) and the game works smoothly! thank youu so much!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/11 10:35 AM

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: