Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Help with removing a band member.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Sofakingsim

I have a full 4 sim band, but one of them isn't working out so I want to kick her out of the band. I can have all of my band mates over at once and be able to select 2 of them and it says "Band...Kick" for an option, except for one of them. All it will let me do is "Band...Rename Band" when I select the sim I want to kick out! Really aggrivating. ANy suggestions?

Her names is Becca Bijou, and it says "Bouncer" after her name. It used to say "Pianist" which is wierd lol.

sig by Valagil!
Click here to PM me!
muddypaws4167

Maybe she needs to have a "tragic accident" lol ?
Sofakingsim

muddypaws4167 wrote:Maybe she needs to have a "tragic accident" lol ?

That's funny, cuz that did cross my mind a couple times heh...but then I'd feel cruel and evil. Maybe if I just **** her off enough she'll just end up quitting the band herself. Or I could just quit that band and hope that maybe I can just restart it new with the 2 members I'd like to keep.

sig by Valagil!
Click here to PM me!
TheOregonRegent

Location:In the Red Team Barracks playing Poker with Engineer,Pyro, and Heavy Weapons Guy

Light her on fire. C'mon its fun! and you get cookies afterwards

TheOregonRegent

Location:In the Red Team Barracks playing Poker with Engineer,Pyro, and Heavy Weapons Guy

Nice name BTW

Sofakingsim

Hahaha! Thank you! That pic is awesome lol

sig by Valagil!
Click here to PM me!
kirajmp

Are you friends with the band member you want to kick out? I had that once where I couldn't kick out a band member. I had let their relationship drop back to acquiantance. When I got the relationship back to "friend", I was able to kick them out.

click to read my legacy story
Vilkata

While I'm not sure why you're having the problem you are, I will caution against certain potential methods of fixing it.

The character I'm playing right now has 3 people in his band, one of which he ended up being romantic with and just days before he was going to marry her, she went into old age. Considering my character was still young adult, and I felt they were a perfect match, I decided to save a new copy of that character from a fresh game (Lady Cook) and delete the existing one from his save and replace her with the younger version.

Well, I didn't kick the old Lady Cook out of the band before deleting her. Once the deed was done, the band only had 3 members, and any attempt to add a 4th would show "band is full". Looking at the band in it's info tab would only list the other 2 sims and no longer showed Lady Cook, but it still treated the band as if it had all 4 members.

Similarly, later on, one of the band members moved out of town, leaving me with the exact same problem. Since she was never officially removed from the band and was no longer in the game, the band only showed the surviving members but would not allow me to add a 4th.

The work-around I came to was that I ended up having to talk to one of the existing members and select "quit the band". This disbanded the band and I was able to create a new one with the surviving members. I imagine this would work for you as well.

Sgloomi

Did you kick out the other band members too? I assume, not having tried it, that you won't be able to kick out the last one, cos, then, obviously, there'd just be you and no band at all.

Possibly, you could try clicking on yourself and breaking up the band, then starting a new one with the Sims you want.
Sofakingsim

I ended up clicking on one of the other band members and "Quit <band>". I was then able to start a new band with the 2 sims I wanted to keep in the first place, so it all worked out in the end! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Edit: I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the fact she was an "employee" of one of the night spots. She was a pianist when I first met her.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/12/10 10:15 PM

sig by Valagil!
Click here to PM me!
veganzombie1

I've had the exact same problem. I've had 3 members of the band living in the same house but when I tried invite a forth, I wasn't given the option and when I tried to kill the band, the only option that was given to me was to rename it.

I've tried the things suggested here like making the band members hate each other and rebuild their relationship but none of them worked.

The only way I figured out to solve this problem was to go into Edit Town and split up everyone in the band, copy them individually into the Sims area and merge them back together in the same household.

There is a really big drawback to this solution though. The game will treat your Sims like it's a new comer to town, you will lose all relationships you've built in the town as well as oversea (eg. China, Egypt and France) and any properties you may have bought will be gone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/11/11 03:27 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: