Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Are sunset valley and twinbrook useless now?  XML
Forum Index » Late Night
aaronrogers8i3

Hi guys. I got my copy of late night ages ago but have been spending all my time building worlds and when I was creating them I wondered how sunset valley and twinbrook work now all the late night stuff barely touches them. They say you can place clubs but wouldnt you need to place them all to get the full experience of late night? certain bars sell certain drinks so youll miss out on some if not all the bars are placed. also there are new spawners for stuff for vampires which wont have been placed in the old hoods. Sunset valley was my favourite neighborhood but now it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Barbara917

Your question is really a subjective evaluation that is going to vary from simmer to simmer. Not everyone likes the same stuff. Personally, I so dislike some of the features of Late Night I finally un-installed it because it was negatively impacting my enjoyment of Sunset Valley and Twinbrook. Bridgeport was a novelty that got old fast. The good aspects of Late Night that I would have liked to have kept such as the new obects and the commercial club lot types aren't enough for me to tolerate the terrible celebrity and vampire aspects of the game. I wouldn't mind playing a game with celebrities or vampires from time to time but I don't want them forced on me in every game as Late Night does.
ANNAPTX

I like playing Sunset Valley also...I just made a couple of my own bars and hangouts, so far, so good. I love vampires, so that part doesn't bother me...it does, however, bother me that everone can be a celebrity...makes the celebrity aspect kind of a joke.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/12/10 11:15 PM

CK213

I've been playing Bridgeport for a while and I tried my old Sunset Vally last night. I think I like being able to take a break from Bridgeport for a while.

I plan to keep Sunset Valley simple. I have one dance club and I think I'll add one dive bar. I have one apartment high rise and I might add one or two more, but I'm not going to turn it into a mini city.

FlamingoKicker1

I think the whole celebrity thing gets old real fast.

I'll probably go back to playing the smaller country towns before too long and not play Bridgeport much.

It would be cool if sims could go from one town to another like to vacation but they never intended that to happen so it can't.
catloverplayer

If you put one club in Sunset is it a hotspot everyday?

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Barbara917

catloverplayer wrote:If you put one club in Sunset is it a hotspot everyday?

No. But it usually gets pretty good business if it is a dive bar.
Yorkchop

Sincerbox wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:If you put one club in Sunset is it a hotspot everyday?

No. But it usually gets pretty good business if it is a dive bar.

I turned The Red Rendezvous in Twinbrook into a dive bar and it is completely full every night. There are three mixologists on duty to handle the crowd. It's awesome.
catloverplayer

I might try this then rather then putting a lot of clubs in Sunset just one hangout. I like dance clubs thou so I'll probebly just place The Grind in Sunset Valley.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
samsonkflai

well it varies from player to player, for example i still play sunset valley sometimes but if i play Bridgeport mostly now. but if i put in a hangout bar or something like that it's a good place to mingle a bit

Kolby

All you have to do is spend some time updating those towns. With some cheats, you can edit any lot and add in the spawners. Use the lot-creater tool to make some lots for the clubs.

You're a big boy, get to it! I completely updated Sunset Valley a while back and it's better than ever with new items from World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, and High End Loft stuff.

Barbara917

catloverplayer wrote:I might try this then rather then putting a lot of clubs in Sunset just one hangout. I like dance clubs thou so I'll probebly just place The Grind in Sunset Valley.

Try converting the All the Rave warehouse from Riverview. The Grind sits on a non-standard sized lot. All the Rave fits better.
LizNuique

Location:Floating around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow my rainbow ~

I don't know...I like Bridgeport and all but I keep going back to Barnacle Bay and most of all Sunset Valley (its because I love the townies of Sunset Valley and I prefer seeing them in my 'hood xDD)

My DeviantART page...don't laugh at my art please >.< http://captainninjapants.deviantart.com/
Zolt65

I play Sunset Valley and have a 2 dive bars, a local watering hole and no apartments. I rezoned the downtown and its now the entertainment zone. I deleted the 64x64 park and put 2 bars on one side and another bar and a small park with a pool and a food truck on the other side. I added some families from Twinbrook and some from Riverview and set up some small shack houses up by the junkyard road. More people, only 3 bars, its always a hot spot at one of them.

Oh yeah, I got this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424676 smaller film lot for a 40x40 lot and put it in SV.

heres some basic bars I use...although I edit them a bit to suit my taste:

20x30 lot hick bar the red barn
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424818

20x20 lot dance club but I changed it to dive bar Shady's ( I changed mine to Fat Lou's...seemed more dive bar)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424659

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/13/10 03:41 AM

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
BeachGirl6747

I still prefer Sunset Valley. I added a few clubs that I made myself because I didn't feel like the ones provided in game matched the Sunset Valley vibe. I put in a poolside club by the ocean. I added a vampire lounge across the street from the hospital. Then I moved all the homes that were on the block behind the courthouse and added in a sports bar, dive bar, and local watering hole. I also replaced those ugly condo looking buildings with a couple of apartments, although I don't think they really fit in that well. I would love to find an apartment building that has more of a suburban look.

Oh yeah, I added the movie lot over by the Landgrabb and Alto properties. It really doesn't fit in there, but it was the only place where I could place a lot that big without bulldozing the park, which I quite like.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/13/10 04:09 AM

Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: