Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A Farmers Tale (Now with virtual tour! Pg 2)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
SkewedReality04

Hi everyone. I have recently started a family consisting of a man who would only make money harvesting fruits and veggies, yes a farmer. I have found playing him, and in this way to be very very different, difficult, and fun, and I thought I'd share his story with you thus far for those who might be interested. Here goes.

Meet Jack Mulligan. His traits are green thumb, family oriented, natural cook, great kisser, and slob.

He grew up on a farm, but due to an unfortunate accident happened, and a tornado struck his town. He lost his entire family, and the farm that they raised him on. Luckily his parents life insurance policy kicked in, and he had enough to build up his own farm, with just the bare necessities he required to live. The house he built comes with 3 bedrooms, with an office that can convert to a 4th, a wrap around porch, breakfast bar, a breakfast nook, a washer and dryer room, and 3 bathrooms, and a formal fining room. Oh, and it now has a pond, but that wasn't acquired until he got more money.

After spending quite awhile getting his life back together, Jack thought that it was time for him to find a potential farmers wife, he had his eye on Elisha the bartender at the local water hole.

They courted for awhile, and became a couple, and she moved in with him, but Jack was never sure if she was the one. He always questioned their relationship. And then he laid eyes on what he thought to be the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Kelsey Kane.

Kelsey had lived in the town of Riverview for only a few short months, but their paths had never crossed until one fateful night at a bar. Jack was still with Elisha, but once he talked to Kelsey he knew that they had a connection. Jack started spending less time at home, and more time with Kelsey, and they kissed. He knew it wasn't fair to Elisha, but he had finally found something real with Kelsey.

Before he knew it Jack was breaking up with Elisha, and asking Kelsey to become his girlfriend. He didn't feel bad when 2 days later he found out Elisha was engaged to be married to another man. 2 Days?! Really?! He soon asked Kelsey to go steady with him, and she moved in, and they began to run the farm together.

Before they knew it the crops were thriving, and they were making enough to really make a living.

One night it finally hit Jack. Kelsey was the one. She had been everything that he had dreamed of, and he knew that she truly didn't mind being a farmers wife. She was smart, beautiful, and she could paint on an easel like no ones business. With a little help from the girl up above (and because what I say goes! He wouldn't roll the want so I had to make him propose) He finally had the nerve to pop the question. His ex-girlfriend had invited them to a house party at her home, he was still bitter that she had apparently been cheating too, so he thought in revenge he would ask Kelsey at the party in front of Elisha

The wedding was set 1 sim year later, and it was beautiful, all of their friends were there to watch them express their love for one another.

Kelsey and Jack spent the first 3 years of their lives just getting to know each other and working on their farm, but Kelsey had had an itch ever since they said "I do" Kelsey had wanted a baby, but Jack wasn't so sure he was quite ready to be a father yet, so he just kept pushing it off, and pushing it off. Finally one day the couple went over to a good friends house to see their new baby, and that's when Jack finally saw the twinkle in his own little eye. He knew then he was ready for his own. It didn't take them long to conceive at all. Kelsey had an extremly easy pregnancy. One that every mother could only dream of.

There was however one small hiccup in her pregnancy. While she was pregnant Kelsey began to dabble in the art of inventing, and soon became obsessed with it. She got to a point where she wanted to detonate everything She went down to the local junk yard one day to see what she could find. She threw the bomb in and waited... and waited, and waited, and waited.

She couldn't figure out why it wasn't going of, she walked up to it to see what the problem was and BOOM!

She was rushed to the hospital to make sure everything was ok, and placed on bedrest for the remainder of her pregnancy. But of course, a woman of work never stops going.

As her due date grew near, thy started to put together the nursery. They had found out they were expecting a little girl, whom they were going to name Morgan.

Kelsey had been having the strongest cravings for hot dogs that night. She couldn't shake it, so she took it upon herself to make them. After all, she only planned to eat the whole pack.

While she was outside making her meal, she felt a strong sharp pain across her tummy. She assumed it was gas and continued cooking. It started to happen again, and became more painful, and she could no longer cope. That's when she figured out she was in labor.

Jack rushed her to the hospital, and 13 hours and no pain meds later little Morgan Mulligan graced them with her presence. Weighing in at 7lbs 10oz she was truly a beauty.

And that's all I have so far. What will the next adventure be like for the Mulligans? Trying to run a far AND raise a baby, life will probably be pretty hectic... especially since I have the life span set to epic. Tune in next time to find out what happens next on Mulligans Landing

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 12/18/10 11:02 PM

SkewedReality04

Any thoughts?

dylsoccer12

Awwwh :3 That's really sweet. I LOVE the wedding.

singgoutloudx

Cute house!

Nice pictures.

AngelaKaye

I really like the house! It's a cute story.

billydilly

Where the hotdogs ok?

EDIT: On a more serious note, iv had farm like houses but never tried living it alone and then getting a family, it's always been work>family>farm/garden

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/18/10 09:05 PM

Use "width=450" "height=600" at the end of a picture to make the picture smaller so you don't break the forums!
KLorelei

Cute story, and I love the house you built for him. You should upload it!

SkewedReality04

billydilly wrote:Where the hotdogs ok?

EDIT: On a more serious note, iv had farm like houses but never tried living it alone and then getting a family, it's always been work>family>farm/garden

LOL the hotdogs ended up burning. Jack had to go get them before the house caught fire while they were at the hospital lol.

See Jack doesn't work. He has never had a job, he makes all his money from his crops. He spends about 2-3 hours in the morning harvesting those, sometimes Kelsey helps, and then the rest of the day is his. I have the harvester for both sims, and the automatic sprinklers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/18/10 09:13 PM

may_nilan

wow! Your really good at making houses! I love the story but when she went to the hospital after cooking hotdogs i thought the house was going to burn down or something.
edit: not that i wanted it to

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/18/10 09:12 PM

billydilly

SkewedReality04 wrote:LOL the hotdogs ended up burning. Jack had to go get them before the house caught fire while they were at the hospital lol.

See Jack doesn't work. He has never had a job, he makes all his money from his crops. He spends about 2-3 hours in the morning harvesting those, sometimes Kelsey helps, and then the rest of the day is his. I have the harvester for both sims, and the automatic sprinklers

That's where I thought the story was going to go, the house was goning to burn down because of the hotdogs.

So that's where I go wrong, I grow more than anyone could eat in a lifetime (could last gens) so it pretty much takes a whole day just to do the garden/farm

may_nilan wrote:wow! Your really good at making houses! I love the story but when she went to the hospital after cooking hotdogs i thought the house was going to burn down or something.

Same! :O

Use "width=450" "height=600" at the end of a picture to make the picture smaller so you don't break the forums!
SkewedReality04

billydilly wrote:
SkewedReality04 wrote:LOL the hotdogs ended up burning. Jack had to go get them before the house caught fire while they were at the hospital lol.

That's where I thought the story was going to go, the house was goning to burn down because of the hotdogs.

So that's where I go wrong, I grow more than anyone could eat in a lifetime (could last gens) so it pretty much takes a whole day just to do the garden/farm

may_nilan wrote:wow! Your really good at making houses! I love the story but when she went to the hospital after cooking hotdogs i thought the house was going to burn down or something.

Same! :O

Haha, yeah when I first started doing a farm idea awhile ago I made my sim work too, but it proved to be impossible. It sucks in the beginning because you start out REALLY REALLY poor, but gradually you start to make money. In the beginning I had him go out and fish, find bugs and sell em, and had him participate in contests and stuff, and now they have $58,000 resting happily in the bank. I'm trying to slow down the money boom, so for now I am taking a lot of their crops and saving them in the fridge.

If you guys would like I can show you a couple more pics of houses I've built

billydilly

Can you show us around the house in this thread?

$58,000 can easily be spent, just buy a car.

SkewedReality04

billydilly wrote:Can you show us around the house in this thread?

Sure I can do that. Give me a few min and I will either take some pictures or make a video.

SkewedReality04

SkewedReality04 wrote:

Sure I can do that. Give me a few min and I will either take some pictures or make a video.

I'm going to upload a video and then you can see the whole house as if you were walking inside of it yourself. It will take a few min to upload. Thanks!

billydilly

SkewedReality04 wrote:
SkewedReality04 wrote:

I'm going to upload a video and then you can see the whole house as if you were walking inside of it yourself. It will take a few min to upload. Thanks!

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: