Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
SummerSong86

Hi WR, unfortunately I had to take Felicity out. Somehow all the saved sims in my folder past about the midway point of the storage got corrupted after I recolored her. Their pictures in CAS broke up into little squares and they themselves turned black and the game crashed when I tried to select one to see what was going on with it. I don't know if it had anything to do with the skin issue, I doubt it. Edit to add I forgot to mention this sort of thing has happened to me before, a few months ago. Just to be on the safe side I took her out and restored from two backups ago. 1 backup ago restoration proved corrupt, too, oddly enough, with the same problem. I have no idea how THAT happened--that backup of Saved Sims was made before I downloaded Felicity. I did clean caches but I didn't know what to do with DCCache and DCBackup--maybe that was the problem? I had not deleted those. I never heard of the pitch black sims issue corrupting anything so I doubt it's related and is just coincidental. Just in case, I took her out for now.

At any rate I've restored everything to playable status by just regenerating the entire The Sims3 folder and putting in the backup files made 2 backups ago.

xBanan thanks for letting me know about that mod. I do have all memory notification turned off but you never know...I may need that mod. There's a lot I need to try.

WR thanks again for any help that Pete and his friend may be able to give and of course thank you for even asking him.

I just may have to accept the fact I will have to redo the Mac to accept Windows if I want to run this and other sizable and interesting worlds. We know the power is in my machine, it's running in emulation that is sapping efficiency. I ran in Ridgeview last night. It went well but textures loaded slowly. That world is pretty stripped down. LOL--I did sneak Mystery Lake lot into it, it's pretty in there but not the same out of context. It's like a small bite of cake out of the most delicious cake sitting just within reach. I want the whole cake! I miss Crystalline Cove terribly. There is just so much in there to see and do. People are going to LOVE this world when it's all finalized.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 08:33 PM

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
xBanan

@Gem.
The mood will probably not work if the freezing starts before the world gets populated. I know that the memories take alot of space in the save file, this mood will at least keep the save file from getting too large. I also use two moods that keep the whole town from turning into celebrities and vampires.

I discovered an issue with the apartment [don't know what to call it) in the horse area. It suddenly costs over 150 000. It costed less than 20 000 in the BETA # 1 file. Just wanted to let you know :)

I also checked out the pink nursery house. Everything works fine there.
lovejoyriteia

Gem: I have no problems with the first floor bathroom.

The new setup in the living room is working great. I love what you did with the fireplace; never would've thought of that myself. Now all bookcases in the study are usable as well.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Rukaya I've never heard of cupboards blocking a stove but I'll look into it. I'll try replacing them first to see if it's just a glitch and if it still not working i'll remove them.
The second apartment is missing from coral cape because i deleted a few lots to have more empty res lots for people to build on.

I'll check the bathroom at the laurence manor as well.

Summer , never had an issue with charcoal sims messing up my game, nore i've heard any one else mentioning it. Probably as you said it was just a random thing
Thank you for your words by the way

xBanan , it will most likely help her a lot if she managed to get her game going. I hope Reg's hubby finds a solution to this
The apartment in the horse area is no longer an apartment. That's why it now costs so much. As an apartment the game considered it as a high rise and wouldn't let me move in sims with horses or have a sim that already lives there to adopt a horse, so i had to change it to a regular lot.

I'll do the fixes tomorrow
Hopefully nothing new will come up and we'll have a final file...
I need to do some research on MC so i can set up the families for the save file

ty Love I'll see what I can do with the second floor bathrrom then

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 09:27 PM

Writin_Reg

Summer, I am going to send you the info Pete just gave me from Brian regarding your Mac in your comments so I don't tie up Gems thread.

Love Joy, regarding the bathrooms - not sure if the bathroom you mentioned was a store one or a base game one, but there is threads about bathroom tubs being funky in the Pets thread where people could only use the basegame bathtubs to wash the pets. Now if it was a store bathroom it means you may not have redownloaded all your store stuff from your purchase history after the store patch. Even though it was a pain, one of the guru's mentioned that in order to get the fixed tubs and other store stuff, you had to uninstall all your old store stuff and redownload it.

But there was also some issues with a couple of other bathtubs that pets just would not get into and the only solution was to change to a basegame tub. That is the last I know about any fixes for that issue, but it was definitely caused by the Pets ep. I have not followed that thread on the tubs for some time so whether they found other solutions I have no idea.

Okay off to go give Summer the info.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Reg it's probably an EP tub, don't remember which exactly though. She doesn't have any issues with the tub itself, but mostly with the routing inside the bathroom, as deleting the shower and only keeping the tub solves her issue. In Beta II she changed the tub as well, but if i recall correctly in BETA I, she only deleted the shower

HappySimmer3

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been a bit MIA. It's such a bummer having to work. Not that I'm not grateful for the income; it helps me afford my habit.

I managed to play v.1 last night long enough to marry off Mason and Marisa so I could save them to the bin. Everything worked great on your chapel lot; the wedding was very nice and they got a nice party moodlet out of it.

I''ve already downloaded and will install v.2 in a few mintutes so will hopefully get to play and test in the next few days, although it sounds like most everything has been covered pretty well.

Speaking of pizza delivery, remember I mentioned how my sim had trouble getting to work on time because it took one sim hour via car-pool? They live at one of the cafe latte family houses, although I can't remember which one offhand. They go downtown during other times of the day they take the subway. I don't know if it's my faster subway mod or not, but that's much faster. In any case I had my sims order pizza for both their bachelor/bachelorette parties and it was delivered just fine on both occasions. So just an FYI. I also had them hire a repair person and they arrived OK. So I'll try it again in v.2 to see what happens.

Greenb70

The sim I am playing with this time around is living at 6 Buena Vista Rd.(Bon Vista White Brick).The spiral stairs there and in the fire station work perfectly without any adjustment needed.
I also had her order a pizza.I had her use the home phone and it was delivered to the house I'd say a little more than an hour later.
She is only about three days in but I haven't encountered any issues.
SummerSong86

WR's friend delivered the news to me...my Mac computer is outdated at only 3 years old It is NOT powerful enough to handle anything past the base game reliably, even though specs say otherwise. I'm lucky I got this far on it! I actually have tears in my eyes, not because of the bad news, but because WR and Pete and their friend were so kind and generous as to take the time to help me and now I no longer have to bang my head against the wall looking for a problem that isn't there. There is so much relief now to FINALLY know what the REAL problem is.

That being said, when my daughter goes back to school next week I will go do the work to bring my PC back up to updated status to run this game and rejoin you all in Crystal Cove. The PC is quad core, has all the memory and the good graphics card. (It just has a lousy case and poor cooling... ) Unfortunately for me, the hard job of testing will be done by then, it looks like it's already pretty much done! So I will just join celebrating this world and hopefully contribute as lovely pictures as Tangie has just posted. Wow, so breathtaking!

I guess it's good I tried this. There are many simmers out there with my same machine, my same specs, trying to run this game and they don't know, as I did not, that it's NOT EA and it's not the emulator, it's the machine letting them down. Now we can at least let them know this world isn't going to work for them. They won't have to beat their head against the wall and rail at EA not knowing, like I did.

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
lovejoyriteia

geminiagre wrote:Reg it's probably an EP tub, don't remember which exactly though. She doesn't have any issues with the tub itself, but mostly with the routing inside the bathroom, as deleting the shower and only keeping the tub solves her issue. In Beta II she changed the tub as well, but if i recall correctly in BETA I, she only deleted the shower

The original tub is from the Pets EP. And yes, in the first BETA, I just deleted the shower and turned the tub around. After that, it could be used to bathe the dog. This time, I put in the Base Game(?) shower/tub combo.

Summer: I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems. It's really irritating how quickly a computer becomes outdated, even a PC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/23/12 12:07 AM

Writin_Reg

Actually Summer, you may have just owned that Mac for three years but Brian said it was made in late 2007-early 2008, it is considered their 2008 Mac Book Pro5 - so it is actually older than this game is. He also said it would work great for Sims 2. But as far as Sims three it has problems with a number of things from LN on. The Mac people are aware of the Pets Crashing with horses problem as well on certain - but not all Macs. He said it is always a good idea when you go to buy any pc or Mac to check the manufacturers date of that system and BUILD in order to know the true age of what you are buying. As you can still buy that Mac in some places as it is a workhorse for Office and school work and just about anything but heavy gaming.

You would think the people that sold Macs and pcs would tell people the true age of their purchase - it's no wonder people have trouble playing todays newest technology if their new pc or Mac is running 5 year old technology. But Brian said your system was prior to any of the Icores - so that 3 year old Mac is over 5 years old which is old in technology standards. Besides the Intell duo had it's own problems even with Sims 2 and about the only Intell that AMD's were considered the better machine. Which I believe is how they put their nose to the grindstone and came out with the Icores as Intell never liked it for AMD to not only be cheaper but better than their systems. Don't feel bad I was running the same Intell duo when I got BV and Securom ate my system - so I personally would not say that machine would be good for Sims 2 either. Mine was 6 months old when Securom killed it in Sims 2.

But anyway, I am sorry there was no easy fix, and like you said at least Brian had answers. Pete said the minute he gave him my piece of paper with all the info wrote down he brought your machine right up on his Mac. He pointed out a number of things. He also confirmed what I always though - you can't go by the box as the info on the box is just for that ep and the base game - nothing else. When you add more eps and sps and store stuff those stats need to constantly increased for each addition even large sets from the store makes your game requirement increase.

geminiagre

That's a lovely pic Tangie
Nothing is done yet though I'll have to fix and upload BETA 3 before we make sure it's ok to call it final.
And then I'll have to work on the save file witch is going to be easy with MC , exept the deaths part. I've send a message to Twallan asking for some clarifications , so i hope he sees it soon and has time to answer.
Do we have to test the save file as well?

Thank you GreenB on the update

Summer i'm so sorry to hear your mac is out dated. I would have never thought something like that , but I'm a complete n00b when it comes to MACs.
On a brighter tone though you will finally be able to play again and enjoy the game. Don't forget to get fps limiter from MATY to ensure your GC safety, especially if you know you are having heating issues.

Love thank you for clarifiying that.

WR as you seem to be more computer savy than I am, and you have some extra help from hubby when he can spare the time, can you help (suggest basically) ideal recommended specs for Crystalline Cove including MACs?

GreenB has the lower end mashine of all of us and she only experiencing a few error codes 12 and no lagging (Beth correct me on this if i'm wrong please) and Summer is the only MAC Tester with serious issues on an outdated mashine. No one else has experienced lagging due to the size of the world so far right? So i'm thinking about 3G RAM
and at least a 3GHz P4 CPU and a 256MB supported GC? and something a bit more powerfull for MACs?
or do you think i should make this a dual core at 2.6 and a 512MB GC so people with laptops don't have any issues?

Writin_Reg

Well with the Mac the issue seems to be Pets in particular and LN, and according to Brian her video needed to be at least 512, the 6 gig of ram was great, as he only had 4 on his wifes Mac.

I would recommend for overall good play with no error 12's if simmers have all eps and sps like this town requires, then you recommendation should be 3- 4 gig, even though a couple simmers are using 2 gig, the fact they get error 12 shows a ram problem - not enough ram. Video cards for all eps both my hubby the pc guy and Brian -the Mac guy says 512 needs to be the minimum - irregardless of what EA or the box says, but higher would be better - so for both pc and Mac - say 512 or higher video card and 3 gigs or higher ram to ensure a good time in this world. This world is not at all draining, but the fact LN and Pets are very game intensive puts the additional burden on the equipment for this Hood. But the world would be easy on a machine if Pets and LN were not part of the makeup.

Personally I would suggest players have 4 gigs of ram and a 512 or higher video card where so many like their Pets in the game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/23/12 01:35 AM

geminiagre

Thanks Reg
So lets see...

2.4GHz Dual Core CPU
4GB RAM
512MB GC

how does this look?

Greenb70

With Beta 1 the main reason I think I hit error code 12 was I was using save instead of save as.
After I deleted that game and started over my sim was almost at the end of week two without a hitch.I never did hit error code 12 with that sim.
With the Beta 2 version I am just under a week and pushed a couple of my graphic settings to medium(instead of the usual low)and I have yet to encounter any type of lag or freeze other than the usual(when overwatch does its sweep).
My current sim has taken several skill classes and jogged around small portions of the world.She did visit Radioactive and I love what you have done with that place.
I'm hoping to get in some real play time on my off days(Friday and Saturday).I really want to see just how far I can get with this sim.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/23/12 02:13 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: