Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't buy books in the bookstore  XML
Forum Index » Late Night
adianandaaron

Hi all,

I have NL and the updated my game and now I can't buy books in the book store. I don't know if it is connected to the the update or not. Does anyone else have this problem? If so were you able to fix and if you could how did you fix it.

Thanks
WvMISKAvW

Do you have any Mods installed that allow you to purchase all books (from all WA regions) in the local bookstore? If so, remove it, then test the bookstore again. Also, if you have this Mod, look for an updated version that works with LN; it's out there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/21/10 09:22 AM

Lynds356

If you are referring to twallan's debugenabler, you can mention it here and direct others elsewhere, just don't go into too much detail about what mods do because some can raise the rating of the game.

The updated version of debugenabler can be found here http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4677.0

Just remember to remove the mods when you update Sims3 then check for updates to the mods, they are usually pretty fast to appear (depending on the creator).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/21/10 09:35 AM

adianandaaron

thanks guys
found the mod causing the trouble.
Now working cheers
Jaylf

adianandaaron wrote:thanks guys
found the mod causing the trouble.
Now working cheers

I have taken all my mods out and am having the same trouble. What mod did you find that was causing your problem. Are there some mods that do not show up on the mods pop up screen when you boot the game?

jesmaec

I am having the same problem. I have NO mods in my game. I also checked all of my CC and there is no CC that has anything to do with books. I have no problems with the grocery store.
CuddlyBun

Remove seeds from your inventory if you have them.

jesmaec

I don't have any seeds in my inventory. There are also no books in the library. I tried starting a new game to see if maybe my game was corrupted somehow, but no dice.... Any other suggestions? This is driving me crazy!
Alexurt

This is mod related. Even if you have removed your mods, the game you played with mods will still effect that specific game. You will have to start a new game and get the updated mod versions.

In the meantime, here is a sim will 100 of every book for all games if you do not want to delete the game with mods.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3392407

New Forums!
jesmaec

I did start a new game with no mods and that game also has the problem. Do you mean I have to delete all of my old games and start from scratch? Is there another place besides the mods folder that I should be looking in?
jesmaec

I fixed it! There was some super sneaky CC hidden in one of my folders. Thanks everyone for your help!
RCKGIRL1

do you know what cc it was?? please tell me!!!
jessibee

I am having the same problem and I've never had any mods or CC (other than from the Sims 3 Store) in my games. In fact, this is a clean, new reinstall. Everything was playing fine until two days when my map tags disappeared for two of the sims in my household, then all of a sudden I couldn't even buy books when I could find the bookstore.

What gives?
noclue642

jessibee wrote:I am having the same problem and I've never had any mods or CC (other than from the Sims 3 Store) in my games. In fact, this is a clean, new reinstall. Everything was playing fine until two days when my map tags disappeared for two of the sims in my household, then all of a sudden I couldn't even buy books when I could find the bookstore.

What gives?

I am having the same problem. I have no mods, and nothing from outside the Sims 3 store in my game. Can't get my Sims to play guitar either. It all started when I bought World Adventures. I have World Adventures, Night Life, Ambitions, and all the stuff packs besides Town Life. I've updated my game with every update available and still nothing. I want to buy Town Life and Generations, but I don't want to spend more money until I get my current problem fixed =/
jdl519

i have the same problem. no mods. I'm not sure what cc are or how to look for them.

Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: