Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why does my game keep stalling?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Nintendo277

So, I'm playing a house that I've been playing for a long time. About every 30 seconds (real time), the animations on screen just freeze. Almost all of the animations freeze; the sleeping "z"s and "v"s still fly out from the sims. However, my sims stop moving, fish stop swimming, etc... What's weird is that the clock also stops counting. So at night, when the sims are sleeping, the game goes into X3 speed, then after about 30 seconds, freezes for 10 seconds, starts up, freezes and so on.
My cousin was playing earlier and she said it didn't do that. I was wondering if the house I'm playing got bugged during an update. She often restarts and it's possible she was playing a game created after the update.
Has anyone experienced this, and can confirm my theory?

Dave
cecily0redman

Yes, I've had the same problem. It has been since I installed the game update. I think I will uninstall the game and not update it when the option arises, and see if that does the trick.
AGIERA

Did uninstalling and reinstalling help? I'm about to that point myself. The tech advice to update my video card, etc. didn't help.
fensaturntree

Having the same problem, and its just since the patch =(

AlaruneRose

Do you have mods? If it's anything like the problem I had after installing Late Night, then it's probably a mod causing the problem.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/29/11 12:52 AM

Nintendo277

It's been a while since I've had this bug, but I think the problem was with the lot. I want to say that I moved my sim out of the lot (and bulldozed) and moved them to a new lot and that solved the problem. I also might have started a new game (which I do pretty often). But I'm pretty sure that I didn't need to reinstall the whole game.
My lots tend to do this when I install new expansion packs so I usually start a new game for each expansion pack.

Good Luck

Dave
DarkAmaranth1966

ctrl+shift+c

resetsim

No name, that resets ALL sims, even yours. It takes a few moments so wait, that will clear the lag for a few days.

hobbes33

Same problem here.

Playing fine for a few hours then the stalling started. Updated with patch, still the same. Installed Town Life, still the same.
Have tried with different lots, still the same.

I've no mods, and not installed any CC for ages.

Any ideas as it's making the game unplayable?

katyyyyyyy

It started doing that to me today, very annoying
antigone82

This just started for me too yesterday and I don't know what's wrong. It's extremely annoying. As far as I can tell, it only does it on one town/game - the main one that I have been playing since I got Pets. When I start a new game it doesn't do it so far. I just hate that I have to scrap a whole town and all my progress/skilling for the past weeks.
Comrad_Durandal

Yeah, ever since I installed Pets, I get this happening as well. Thought it was my machine (2GB of RAM) so I upgraded to 4 - but still didn't help, though it does help a bit with loading and changing towns. I am hoping it's similar to the 'wasting time' bug that was present in Sims 2 - eradicated with extreme prejudice.

It's pretty annoying to have pauses like that, almost to the point I've stopped playing.
XOBABEXO3

mines freezing too really bad i cant even do anything i broke down and uninstalled pets and now it doesnt do it anymore but I want to play pets i didnt buy it just to sit and look at it or for it to break my game this bad mine started yesterday
TCrimsonTide2002

Mine has done in Bridgeport ever since I got Late Night. But in the other citys it doesn't do that as much...but in the new city it does it a lot!

crinrict

Lags have many causes.

Most of the time it's stuck sims, so use resetsim * as suggested above to reset every sim in your town.

Since the patch there's also a problem with the staircases. Check every house in your town and make sure they still work.

This doesn't apply to EA towns that came out before generations unless you put houses with spiral staircases in them.

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent
-freezes.html

music4him1622

I keep having the same problem. Are there any patches available that could fix the problem?

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: