Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
license limit reached  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
XALYBX

is anyone else having this problem??!!! every time i try to start the game it says the license limit for this product has been reached.. i contacted EA support and they gave me a new product code but it is still saying the same thing! does anyone know how to fix it???
t0yb0xri0t

I am also having this problem with the digital download. I have contacted customer service multiple times and nothing has worked. I have cleaned my registry, cleared the ea dm cache, and been given a new code. This is the 5th time I have downloaded and installed this game and still get the same error. I contacted cs again this morning just to be told their database is down and to contact them in 24 hours. I'm getting extremely frustrated and I wish I had just bought the hard copy. At this rate by the time I get this game to work I could have just waited a week for it to come in the mail.
wickichick

I am sorry, but I don't know. I have heard that you can only download the game a specified number of times, but it doesn't make sense to me that it could be true and I hope it isn't cuz I have done that now perhaps 3 times. Is this a sims 3 that you downloaded from the site? I think if I were you I would either call EA or try to get an online chat with tech support. Maybe it takes time before the code they gave you will work? I wouldn't be able to just sit around and wonder either, so would be getting an online chat with tech support going.

Good luck to you

Rud3

it is true but with a new serial code that should fix the issue,tho with the actual disc there is no limit to install

blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

This is why I don't do the digital downloads. With the DVD I don't have a limit.

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Liam...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/02/11 07:29 PM

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥
facepalms

Does anyone have a solution for this? I JUST downloaded my new game from the EA site and it says I've reached my license limit. ***. Customer service is NO help, they keep telling me to uninstall/reinstall. Which I've done to no avail. They gave me a new license key but there is no way to enter it.

piddlesim

Digital Downloads contain securom. It is a really terrible form of copy protection. It also forces a limit of 5 installs. So if you have uninstalled and reinstalled more than 5 times, you need to contact EA for another serial number or an extension of your install limit.

Spore players have gone through this even with the disks. That is why gamers threw such a massive uproar when EA said they were doing the same thing with the sims 3.

Thankfully due to that uproar and people cancelling preorders, EA dropped the install limit and securom from the disk version. The digital download version though is stuck with them.

Your only recourse is to keep calling EA customer service until you find a rep who knows what they are doing. Then tell them you need another serial number because your install limit was used up due to having to uninstall / resintalling from all the glitches.
calmorezoo

Same here thats why i buy the disc

facepalms

piddlesim wrote:

Your only recourse is to keep calling EA customer service until you find a rep who knows what they are doing. Then tell them you need another serial number because your install limit was used up due to having to uninstall / resintalling from all the glitches.

I have a new serial number. I have no idea how to use it. When you use the digital download, it doesn't ask you to manually enter your serial code. How do I put a new serial code it, where it only recognizes the old broken one?
LunaticLorraine

I'm having this exact same problem.
But I've only installed the game ONCE! So if the limit is 5 ***?
mikkimouse1978

I am using digital download, and I just checked my game. I am not having this problem.

Perhaps it is a glitch with the company. I would continue to "harass" customer service until they give you a new download of the game. I would try that.

Rest In Peace
Daddy: 10/13/1949 - 03/31/2014
Sister: 12/27/1971 - 10/30/2006

Always in my heart,
Never forgotten
CrazyboutTheSims

I don't like the digital downloads. they take so long to install and knowing the sims games you never know when you might have to reinstall.. so I always buy the disks.. sorry you are having problems with it.. doesn't make sense to me that they would limit the number of downloads..that stinks

Drguyks

Rud3 wrote:it is true but with a new serial code that should fix the issue,tho with the actual disc there is no limit to install

Wow...this alleviates a few problems for me.

IChristoI

It disgusts me that EA could do such a thing to people who have paid for the game same as people who have brought disk copies. This is why they are such a bad company, It's like selling bread and then saying that the customer can only have 5 slices of it before renewing it. EA I hope you are reading this and realise that you are being foolish when you decide to cap down on the amount of downloads you allow people to have on their own games! The only way I could give someone a copy of my game I would have to give them my secure password information and this would be a stupid thing for me to do anyway so why go to all the trouble of setting up this ‘extra security’ in the first place.

I hope you realise that you can’t sell someone half a game and expect to get their business in the future.

I will not buy a game from you or trust your company anymore. And I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this. Change your ways!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: