Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Someone re- uploaded my house... Should I be upset?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
BeccaRox

I was browsing through the exchange today and saw a house that I created re-uploaded by someone else. I don't know if I should be upset about this or not. Does this happen a lot and is there anything that I can really do about it? Thanks to anyone who can give me a few words of advice.
seraphrevan

You can report for plagiarism if you want to.

BeccaRox

Thanks. How can I report it?

SimGuruHydra

BeccaRox wrote:I was browsing through the exchange today and saw a house that I created re-uploaded by someone else. I don't know if I should be upset about this or not. Does this happen a lot and is there anything that I can really do about it? Thanks to anyone who can give me a few words of advice.

In the details page of the lot, there's a link that says "Report item". It's under the image of the item .

Please don't hesitate to use this function when running into offensive uploads on the Exchange .
Emeyle

Report that!

That isn't fair towards you or your work.

emeyle@yahoo
Follow your passion, and success will follow you.
SimsplyRuth

To use someone else's creations - whether it is a lot, furniture recolor, walls/floors, pattern, sim, etc... - (in the case of "bodyshop" or "homecrafter" or other recolor items/patterns- it is acceptable- and for me hoped for- that they be used in creating a sim or building a lot- WITH credit given to the creator in the description) - a whole lot/sim/etc however - is plain and simple - [b]Stealing

And should be reported.

IMO - the uploader who would do such a thing should be barred from uploading...
Gina_xoxo

i feel so sorry for you! i just got the game and can finaly post (: . i have seen so many nice creartions on here and it inspires me to make my own ,i dont know how people can do that

i cant wait to start playing . i am downloading the free town now (:
JoshuaRoxK

If you ask me you can be both
You can be happy because your work is inspiring people and people are enjoying it so much they're uploading for their selvs, maybe just jealousy or to help your house get around.
But you can be upset because someone leeched your well spent hardwork and simply uploaded it without effort.
Zzinged

Link the lot, so we can help ya report it. Did they credit you though? If so it might just be that they furnished it or redecorated the interior and uploaded it again. The important part is that they credit you as the builder.

BeccaRox

I reported it yesterday evening. I checked this morning and it is still listed under that person's uploads. I hope they make them take it down soon. 100 people have downloaded my house under this person's name. I don't mean to sound like a baby but...well it sucks!!!

*To answer another poster, yes they furnished it and uploaded it with a family living in it, but I wasn't given any credit.*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/16/09 01:48 PM

Zzinged

Link the offending lot

BeccaRox

Ok, I know I'm going to sound like a moron but, how can a make a link to the lot? I know...you can all point and laugh now.
seraphrevan

Go to the lot's page and copy the URL at the top (the address thingy) and paste it here.

Also, you should challenge him to a dance battle.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/16/09 02:04 PM

BeccaRox

I don't know if I did this right but here is the link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=223000

Thank you all for your help and please help me report this so I can get it taken down.

*Seraphrevan, I would definitely lose the dance battle. Lol!*

*By the way, just in case you like the lot, please download it from me...it's on my page. Thanks!!*

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/16/09 02:13 PM

Putowtin

done! this is the reason I stopped uploading clothing with the sims 2, I made Wizarding Robes of Distinction and some one started posting Harry Potter sims with my robes on! If thy'd given me credit I wouldn't have minded so much, but one of them actually claimed to have created the robes themselves

Light, Love and Peace

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: