Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Adventure Board not working  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
robertsgirl88

So I have read a few things about the adventure boards not working, especially in France, but also in China (Just getting run-around missions). But I am just not sure what people have discovered, because everything is so confused. Can anyone shed light on this subject? Adventures was a waste of money if all I can do is catch fish and gems and stuff for people. Not to mention that France is a waste completely! I want to see if I can figure this out before I complain to EA. PLEASE HELP!
Nofravell

Yeah the famous adventure board bug: I've got it to: everything worked fine in France until I finished the "Learn to make nectar adventure" Since then I can't get any new adventures, can't get any new ones at all, not even the simpler ones like catching fish and stuff.
I still love the game though, cause it didn't always bug for me, it worked fine, until three months ago, then everything..well ****** on itself.

Ea has not mentioned that they are working on the problem, because they re not. Wish is sad.
Nofravell

Ha my first censure, for a very silly word though..
Karu300

I had that problem too. Though I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

If wanted, I can tell you the mod's name. It's Debugenabler from Nraas Industries.
If your against mods, I got nothing else except back up saves or something and reinstall. Other than that the mod can allow you to continue based off the names in the script or code. It also does many other useful features.
flutingfrenzy

Karu300 wrote:I had that problem too. Though I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

If wanted, I can tell you the mod's name. It's Debugenabler from Nraas Industries.
If your against mods, I got nothing else except back up saves or something and reinstall. Other than that the mod can allow you to continue based off the names in the script or code. It also does many other useful features.

!!!

Thanks so much! I didn't realize that mod could do that, but I just used it to get my last couple adventures. Sweet!
Trish1966

I stopped being allowed to get adventures after I bought my "Certificate of Partnership" in both France and China. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or if it's another glitch. I'm having a lot of glitches since "Late Night" was released.

Unachieved lifetime goals - meet Trace Adkins and Cal Ripken Jr.
SIMcredibleDesigns

Hi!
We had the same problem here so, we decided to search out there a solution.
Its fix is... absolutely easy (credits to Dacia from Yahoo Answers). She said:

Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

The fact is that we tried her tips with none hope but... it worked
Spottedleaf

I had porblems in China and France, so I tried this:

1- Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box.
2- Click and hold shift anywhere on the Base Camp and click on build on this lot.
3- Delete the adventure board.
4- Return home, and then go back to where ever you were.

It's been working fine for me since doing this, but when you return the adventure board might be in a different spot. In France mine was on the side of the base camp, but it worked perfectly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/11 09:54 PM

xokissez45ox

This happened to me in France, and I tried deleting the board, going home and then returning and that didn't help. What seems to be working as of now, is lining up a bunch of "check for adventure" actions in a row, and one eventually works, but only one a day. for some reason, no matter how many times a do that, if I've already done one that sim day, i could do it for hours and not get an adventure.

and EA, this really stinks. it's the whole point of world adventures, so there goes my money. not to mention, my sims LIFETIME GOAL is to achieve the highest visa level in all three countries. so I guess i'm just S.O.L. ea at it again.
nykie_foxx

I think I know why the board in France isn't working. Mine doesn't work either so I tried deleting it. The thing is, when I picked up the board, it said "Adventure Board Egypt". It makes sense to me that the Egypt board won't work in France, so I'm not getting adventures. There must be something wrong in the coding that puts the wrong board in the wrong place.
Souldrifter

SIMcredibleDesigns wrote:Hi!
We had the same problem here so, we decided to search out there a solution.
Its fix is... absolutely easy (credits to Dacia from Yahoo Answers). She said:

Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

The fact is that we tried her tips with none hope but... it worked

You just saved my Simming evening! Worked like a charm for me. Thank you!
MissMenace

Karu300 wrote:I had that problem too. Though I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

Just installed the mod, but am unsure what to do to get adventure calls. Do I just make it spawn cell phone calls? Because each time I do that I just get the "wrong number" one ...
MeronaCoveman

Nofravell wrote:Yeah the famous adventure board bug: I've got it to: everything worked fine in France until I finished the "Learn to make nectar adventure" Since then I can't get any new adventures, can't get any new ones at all, not even the simpler ones like catching fish and stuff.
I still love the game though, cause it didn't always bug for me, it worked fine, until three months ago, then everything..well ****** on itself.

Ea has not mentioned that they are working on the problem, because they re not. Wish is sad.

ME TOO! RIGHT AFTER THE NECTAR ONE! I did get the oh-so-annoying flower foto one. I HAVE TAKEN SEVEN FRIGGIN PICTURES OF FLOWERS! AND TREES! AND BUSHES!
I also got the go-to-egypt-just-to-convince-some-guy-to-let-another-guy-to-st
ay-there one but I turned it down cuz it was a waste of money. Going home can help, but you hafta try a million times.

HippiChickiNiki

I had this problem as well. I was on level two visa for both the mom and dad and I had used the "buydebug on" cheat to plant pomelos and fire fruit and a few other rare plants back at home. It was their first trip to France with any kids and the mom had just finished the nectar making adventure. Suddenly, the board stopped working at all for her and only worked periodically for him. I'm not sure if it was the debug cheat the nectar adventure like someone else said or what but if I line up a bunch ofcheck for adventures in a row one will work as long as it's a new day. I'm going to try to delete the board as suggested and see if that mends it. But it has really made this fourth trip to France stink. It was always my least favorite of the foreign countries (in the ge) not in real life. But, this makes it horrible compared to China and Egypt!!!
TiSMOiABLE

I think what HippiChickiNiki said about the buy debug cheat messing with it must be right. I have only used it twice and both times it messed up my game. This time being the adventure board. I have a sim who has the 'seasoned traveller' lifetime award. I have currently got her up visa level 2 in France after 3 days of travelling and have just taken her back for 5 days to reach visa level 3 and buy her a holiday home. The only way to earn visa level is doing adventures via the adventure board, and for some reason it is not working. I suspect it's the debug cheat as I used it on her last trip to France to add some 'pushable statues' to a tomb which I had accidentally deleted before I knew I needed one - whoops

::UPDATE::
So, I came back to sims today to find it is still not working despite shutting everything down and leaving it for about 20 hours. But, to test if I am having the same problem with the other sims in my sim household, I took her sister and tested it. What she got was not an adventure, but a message that read:
"There doesn't seem to be anything Destry can help with today, best to check again tomorrow or with another sim"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/18/11 05:32 PM

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: