Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unable to run game, pop up "Important Message!" from EA Games  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Delilahjones

I am unable to run my game. I have manually updated my game to the most current file.

After I updated my game manually, my sims launcher also updated.

When I try to log in through the game launcher OR directly through the TS3EP03 file, I get a pop up with the EA Logo.

When logging in through the game launcher (whether running directly or when beginning with the EA Download Manager) the message states:

Important Message!
There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active. If the problem persists try again later.

When logging in directly through the TS3EP03.exe the message is diffferent and states:

Important Message!
The game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game.
Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.

This is very frustrating, as I am getting this message while logged into my account through the game launcher. I have also tried starting with the EA Download Manager and am getting the same message. My internet is active.

And even if it was not active, I shouldn't have to have internet access to run the Sims 3! This is very frustrating.

Has anyone else encountered this same pop-up message and were you able to work past it some how? Please help!>!>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/10 05:25 AM

DarkAmaranth1966

Did you just buy a didgital download of the newest EP or SP you own (By release date, not newest to you)? If so then payment has not cleared yet and, when it does, usually in 24 hours, but that depends on your bank, it will be fine.

Delilahjones

It was a digital download, but my payment cleared my bank on the 27th, which was Monday. It is now Wednesday night, so that shouldn't be an issue?

Also, why would that cause me to receive a message that I'm not connected to the internet?
redhot66player

I can't download my game it says something about redundancy something. Any one have any ideas?
Delilahjones

I am really hoping someone has an answer to this.

I read another thread and someone said that McAfee was causing the issue. I do not have McAffee installed on my computer, so that can't be the cause.

Anyone?
DarkAmaranth1966

Your firewall, be that windows, norton, avg, whatever might be blocking it, you also need Internet Explorer, EADM and Adobe Air all installed and up to date.

bob007

The download version needs to be authorized by EA server before you can play. Either the server is busy or you've exceeded your install limit. The download version REQUIRES internet access to work. The download version has SecuROM for drm. The game needs to be validated before it will run. After 5 validations (5 different installations) the license is used up (there is a revoke tool). If you don't want this type of drm buy the dvd version. The only requirement with the dvd version is that the latest disk be in the drive to START the game. Once the game is started the disk can be removed. There is copyqguard on the dvd to prevent duplication. So pick your drm.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/10 08:57 PM

Delilahjones

DarkAmaranth1966 wrote:Your firewall, be that windows, norton, avg, whatever might be blocking it, you also need Internet Explorer, EADM and Adobe Air all installed and up to date.

These programs are all installed and up to date. I tried to log in for two hours last night and now for the last hour today...I keep getting the same messages despite being logged on to the internet. =/

My Windows firewall shouldn't be an issue, as I've been playing the game regularly for the last year with the same system.
Delilahjones

*****7 wrote:The download version needs to be authorized by EA server before you can play. Either the server is busy or you've exceeded your install limit. The download version REQUIRES internet access to work. The download version has SecuROM for drm. The game needs to be validated before it will run. After 5 validations (5 different installations) the license is used up (there is a revoke tool). If you don't want this type of drm buy the dvd version. The only requirement with the dvd version is that the latest disk be in the drive to START the game. Once the game is started the disk can be removed. There is copyqguard on the dvd to prevent duplication. So pick your drm.

Well, if it REQUIRES internet access to work then it should be working, I'm online!

I have purchased, installed and played the download versions of the base game, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff and Ambitions expansions...and never encountered an issue like this before. I just purchased Late Night last weekend and have not tried to access it from any other computer.

I'm surprised that the EA server would be busy for hours on end, two days in a row. It leads me to believe the issue is something else entirely...unfortunately, I have no way to find out what it is. =/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/31/10 01:52 AM

Delilahjones

I have continued to try to run the game both through the launcher and directly from the game .exe.

I added permissions for the actual game .exe, in addition to the launcher.

The game is still giving me the two messages that I posted above...I am unable to play. I have spent over $150 on the game and expansions and am really annoyed that I'm unable to play after adding this last expansion...which I downloaded in the same way I have downloaded all of the other content for my game.
Delilahjones

I uninstalled the EP and was able to play...I'm attempting to download the EP again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
amandafarr2216

im having the same problem and i have no idea how to make it work! please help!
LuluPants87

I'm having that same problem right now. I downloaded University Life and I've downloaded other EPs as well.. never had this problem I bought the game like two weeks ago.
hotcrossbun

LuluPants87 wrote:I'm having that same problem right now. I downloaded University Life and I've downloaded other EPs as well.. never had this problem I bought the game like two weeks ago.

Exactly the same problem, I have no idea what is wrong and why it is not working! Help
DarkAmaranth1966

Contact support, they can help you run a tracert on it and see if it's your ISP or another hop in that connection.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/13 03:17 PM

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: