Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Do the Expansion Packs Need to be installed in Order?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Bonnie1209

Anyone know? I have Ambitions and Late Night and am now thinking about getting World Adventures.

Does it make a difference?
Stinalina

Hi Bonnie,

everytime i have been in contact with the EA support they stress its important, also if you read at some of the other sim forums... But you might try it, and if any problems occur, be ready to reinstall everything. - Just remember to safe!

Good luck

Bonnie1209

Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and installed it and all seems to be well. Really well, actually. I did a google search and from what I found, it's okay to install out of order.
Yahtzami

No...it does NOT matter what order they are installed in. Just remember that in order to play, you will need to use the disc for the most recent game released...not the most recent installed. So, if you have Late Night, you would continue to use that disc even if you just installed World Adventures today. Does that make sense??

In order to cut down on the risk of anything going wrong during installation, it is always a good idea to move your Mods folder (if you have one) out of your Sims folder in Documents and place it on your desk top. Also, I always start up my game and let it go through to the main menu at least once before replacing the Mods folder with all my CC in it back into my game.

Good Luck

ThatAmi

It doesn't make a difference what order you install them in. But you have to put the newest disc in. (Now the newest EP is Late Night.

Bonnie1209

Yahtzami wrote:No...it does NOT matter what order they are installed in. Just remember that in order to play, you will need to use the disc for the most recent game released...not the most recent installed. So, if you have Late Night, you would continue to use that disc even if you just installed World Adventures today. Does that make sense??

In order to cut down on the risk of anything going wrong during installation, it is always a good idea to move your Mods folder (if you have one) out of your Sims folder in Documents and place it on your desk top. Also, I always start up my game and let it go through to the main menu at least once before replacing the Mods folder with all my CC in it back into my game.

Good Luck

Thanks Yahtzami! Yep, I remembered reading somewhere to use the most recent disk. All is well.
Polkadotpuppy2

I have ambitions and pets and soon I am getting generations , outdoor living and town life. Will I need to install them in the order they were released (ambitions-outdoor living - generations- town life- pets). Or can I just install ambitions and pets now and add the others later?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/27/12 09:12 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: