Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims are stuck in one place and won't move.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Daringflame

I have Sims 3 Late night and the sims are just standing in place and not moving. Time goes on and they're effected by it. They have low moodlets and need to eat, and sleep, etc. It's not just my sims it all the sims in the game. Cars are moving the rest of the game seems to keep going on but the sims are just stuck standing in one place.
scenegothgirl

Try to reset them?

PollySim

Hi,

you will need to use the resetsim cheat (and be VERY patient)

note down the names - exactly - of every sim who is stuck

hold down ctrl and tap C

enter resetsim and the full name of one of the sims who is stuck

e.g. resetsim Polly Sim

hit enter

then do the next one and so on . . .

LN has routing errors which causes townies to get stuck.

I hope that this helps.

Px

florida1cowboy

Sadly, she is right. You have to reset EVERY ONE of them. My purchased world Barnacle Bay? They got stuck in front of school. >.> lol Good Luck. ^^

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/31/10 12:11 AM

Live EVERY day, like it's your LAST!
BrionyRH80

I had this issue and resetting the sim did not work. I tried to figure out what was causing it to happen, and have played the game since with my sims on a different lot and it hasn't happened, despite the fact that I made no other changes.

For me it seems that there is a correlation between the sims freezing (no matter if they're on the lot or in the town) and the fact that the lot they were living on was one converted from community, to residential.

As I said, I have not had the freezing issue since I moved my sims to a lot that was ALWAYS residential. (Late Night)
florida1cowboy

So rebuilding towns now messes them up? I am not surprised though..... sighs.... lol My town I added a house. School was part of game. Never moved it, it still got stuck though. lol

Live EVERY day, like it's your LAST!
Enigmatice

All of my townie sims are stuck outside of the vampire club. At first I had a problem where I could not get my sims into the club, and all the ones that were already there couldn't get out. I assumed this was an elevator problem, as I've experienced extreme delays when it comes to elevators. I fixed this problem by going into edit town and simply replacing all of the elevators in the building. It worked to get my sims able to use the building, but now, all of the townie sims are appearing on the lot and just staying outside peeing themselves and crying about hunger or sleep.

Before this happened, I wanted to complain to EA about how fast the time moved for how slow the characters moved. An hour and a half game time to ride an elevator to get from the apartment to the carpool was insane. Also, my sims just stand around, sometimes for hours, waiting to do the next thing in their queue. I decided to deal with it by changing some settings to get poorer quality graphics, and moved my sims to a house instead of an apartment.

Now that there are no other sims in the city available to interact with, I think I'm going to give up. This game is not worth the fight it takes to play it. I'm angry with EA that I've invested so much time and money in a game that is nothing but a frustration. Games are supposed to be fun and simple to use, and this one is no where near it. Too bad I won't be able to get my money back for it.
chiccabom

My Sim actually got stuck in China twice - at the same spot outside the Temple of heaven. It's a while ago, so I don't remember if I tried resetsim or not, but anyway I had to exit the game without saving because it didn't work to go home. Very annoying, especially because I had to do all the adventures all over again....
Luckily, it hasn't happened since
PirateJandcats

My sims stand around for ages as well. They're always tired because they wake up at 5am and go to sleep around 4am because they take so long to do stuff. I've had to use the testingcheatsenabled true so many times just so they stop falling asleep on the floor. I had to therefore get a Butler to try and help around the house, however, my Butler has frozen on the spot. He stands there just sniffing his armpits and I swear all my sims gag when they try to talk to him. To stop this I have tried quitting and reloading, firing him, ringing to cancel the service and resetting the sim. None work and he won't even die. I hope EA come up with a patch soon to stop both the time thing and the whole standing around.

45rpm

It also can be caused by a task that is finished but its glitched
My Sim in the movie had to audtion 5 sims an dhe did
After that every single Sim in the game came to the movie studio
and resetting taking the studio down and replacing it moving it nothing worked
I eventually had to start a new game.

zerobandwidth

In addition to the above suggestions, you can try resetting everyone in town by using the cheat resetsim *. (Instead of typing a sim's name, just use the asterisk (*) wildcard.) This can take several real-life seconds, so don't try to interact with anything while the reset operation is being processed.

If that doesn't work, try one of Twallan's mods. MasterController includes an explicit reset function for sims, objects, and the whole town, and Overwatch does some sim-nightly cleanups that are apparently necessary to make post-Late Night games to function properly. I have not had to install MasterController because Overwatch seems to be enough for my game's level of wonkiness. Your mileage may vary.
Daphney08

Wow, I am glad that I am not the only one. So here is the thing. The only games I have is the Later Night and Ambitions, In my first sims town, all my sims were at the park... I deleted the park and then made the community No Visitors( It did not work!!!) So I just copied all my sim families and moved them in to the next town. It took forever but it worked .... for a while!!! Now my game is doing it again . I am frustrated!!! Can someone please help!!!
ahleck

This is getting ridiculous! I had the problem where all the sims in town were stuck at the Bonzai lounge so after reseting every sim more than once, deleting and replacing the lot many times and the last time i couldnt even replace it! I have no way of getting the lounge back now! Eventually i just changed my active household and played on a family I didn't want to die and after a bit everything went back to normal. After everything was normal for a bit i went back to the first family and everything was fine for a little while and then it started happening again at the film lot! this is REALLY annoying and nothing i do is fixing it.
carnaby

I have the same problem.
qnoftheamazon

What happens if they are stuck on a sidewalk? I have tried resetting, tried to delete the sim, and the sim is not clickable. I tried to see the sim's name, but when I put my mouse on that sim the mouse is greyed out and its name won't appear. Whenever I go into edit town mode, the place where the sim is standing turns into a black spot. If I zoom in I see the sim.

Edit: I used reset * and seems to have worked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/30/12 08:06 AM

I don't know what to put here.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: