Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Please help - Custom Content causing baby glitch  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Claire_xox

Hey everyone, I know there has already been a lot of posts about this particular glitch but I need some help.
My custom content is causing the glitch in my game where newborn babies appear as skin coloured sticks or skin coloured walls and toddlers appears as deformed spider-like creatures.

I cleaned out my custom content and got rid of any adult shirts that could be worn by children but there is ONE shirt that I just can't find in my installed content in the Launcher.

It appears in my game as a layered shirt - a short sleeve shirt over a long sleeved one - and comes in various designs and colours.

I read that it could be found in the launcher as looking like a vampire woman but its not there.

Does anyone know what it looks like in the launcher and what is it called? Please help
thanks in advance
van1llabeeen87

ok. open your cheat box by pressing shift+ctrl+c and type 'testingcheatsenabled true' without the quotes. shift and click on your infant and click on 'age transition'. this will age the child to a toddler. you can then take the toddler to a dresser to change clothes. this will reveal which piece of clothing is the offending cc. quit without saving so that your kid will still be an infant and go back into your laucher to find the newly revealed bad cc. happy simming

Claire_xox

I already know what is causing it - it is the layered shirt described above but unfortunately my problem is I cannot find it in my launcher

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/11 05:47 AM

van1llabeeen87

"I read that it could be found in the launcher as looking like a vampire woman but its not there."

somehow i missed this part when i initially read your post. if you know what sim it came from, you can try deleting the sim. otherwise; it sounds like it may be a .package file rather than a sims3pack. .package files don't go into the launcher like the other one does. i think those go to you custom content folder in 'my documents' where your ea folder would be.

i used to use a lot of cc in my game but never did the .package files so i'm hoping someone that's more familiar with them can chime in.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/11 05:48 AM

Claire_xox

Thank you so much van1llabeeen87 You are officially my new favourite person - I found it and got rid of it and now my games is running smoothly with no deformed babies
Jelw27

do you happen to remember the name of this file? I have this issue too but can't find the file to get rid of it!
honey2899

I found the same thing happen to me i actually had delete all ofmy cc but once i actually found it i also have boots like knee high hoocker boots that are on my babies and toddlers. once i tried to play it without cc and the baby disappeared
NeighboursGal

honey2899 wrote:I found the same thing happen to me i actually had delete all ofmy cc but once i actually found it i also have boots like knee high hoocker boots that are on my babies and toddlers. once i tried to play it without cc and the baby disappeared

I found the culprit in my CC folder, it was a Metallica shirt. Which I actually do not remember installing.

And now, I don't install any Sims from the exchange!

daniiixoxo

I have the same layered shirt problem ! And the Metalic Shirt isn't in my launcher. And I can not.. for the life of me find a custom content folder in my Sims 3 folder.
mattnjenn05

Use this link. It should help you.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Milliebon

I have the same problem and I have been on a mission last night and today to get it out of my game once and for all. I have deleted the file number that is on crinricts page where it is referred to as the "Vampir Shirt". I then ended up deleting all my custom sims that I have downloaded out of my game. I deleted them in the Saved Sims folder and checked the downloads folder and deleted all sims. I now have no cc sims in my game and guess what I still have the "vampir shirt". So maybe it is named Metalic Shirt? I will check for that in the folders. If anyone has any more info about this shirt, please let us know. I have removed every other bad cc in my game, but that shirt is still in the everyday shirts for men and women and children. Help? Oh, I also deleted all towns I had been playing, so I am starting out fresh there too. Only cc I still have is objects.
pippadawnx

Claire_xox wrote:Hey everyone, I know there has already been a lot of posts about this particular glitch but I need some help.
My custom content is causing the glitch in my game where newborn babies appear as skin coloured sticks or skin coloured walls and toddlers appears as deformed spider-like creatures.

I cleaned out my custom content and got rid of any adult shirts that could be worn by children but there is ONE shirt that I just can't find in my installed content in the Launcher.

It appears in my game as a layered shirt - a short sleeve shirt over a long sleeved one - and comes in various designs and colours.

I read that it could be found in the launcher as looking like a vampire woman but its not there.

Does anyone know what it looks like in the launcher and what is it called? Please help
thanks in advance
pippadawnx

^^ i didnt mean to past that .....
on my game i have glitches like men wearing womens clothes toddlers having outfits hovering over there heads . babys born as lines or half black and half white i know the baby thing is cause be knee length boots but the rest is just differnt pieces of outfits in different places i also have the topless top and a bottomless bottom .. which i realy want rid of becasue when a sim is prenant they end up with this ... i just realy need help to find out whats causeing what but i would like to keep some of the things in cc ..
TattooedLioness

I had that exact problem a while back. It looks like a Black haired girl with bloodish lips its called New Cas project Its a dark Picture not east to miss.

TattooedLioness

pippadawnx Go thro your launcher and remove any Shymoo, Fancy shirts "has a black cat icon" The vampire looking girl called New Cas project, Ninja Shoes, Ivory Chucks, Horse Body, Im sure theres more but those are big ones that cause that big time. And then when you download anything that is CC I suggest Cleaning it using Custurd and such. Then I also suggest Install the new things then when finished go to Installed content and look thro the top stuff and get rid of crap you didnt want or know is bad cc

http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-cc-kategorisiert-fur.h
tml

The VAMPIRE one looks like this in Launcher

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/10/11 06:10 AM

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: