Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to hire mixologist/bartender for bar that was created as a community lot  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Ajenda79

Hello,
I am in the process of creating a world, and recently built a community lot as a bar. I noticed there wasn't a bartender when I visited during the game, is there a way to hire one, or will one just appear?
mEgA32306

Location:In my own little fantasy where anything is possible.

Usually a mixologist just appears. On my game i made a Lounge and got one of my sims to buy it (he was mixology skill 10) and i get him to 'Moonlight as Mixologist' there as one doesn't always appear.
Spooky72

Yeah, sometimes it takes some time. I've made a few bars/lounges and once I get out of build mode it usually takes several Sims hours for them to appear. At first I just sat there and waited but finally I decided to concentrate on other aspects of the game and come back in a few hours (Sims time) and the Mixologists were there.

Ajenda79

Hi,
Thanks for the responses. I also noticed that my Sim was unable to dance on the dance floor because it indicated there was no music. I bought a stereo and it was on during the time. Is there anything special I need to buy/build to use the dance floor?
etherealwog

I believe you need to buy the always on dance speaker. It's white and hangs on the wall. I don't know where it is in the buy catalog though. It's only in the catalog for community lots.

A fix for some of the lagging issues in the game. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/420935.
page

Smeelia

I think Mixologists will only appear at the bars that came with Late Night (the three square wide ones), although I could be wrong.

As for the Dance Floor it should work with any stereo (as long as it's on and playing music in the same room) as well as with sims playing musical instruments. I think the main thing is that the music has to be playing in the same room as the Dance Floor (your sims should probably be getting a moodlet indicating they are enjoying the music when in the area), so make sure you don't have any obstructions. For example, if you have the Dance Floor fenced off then it'll probably count as being in a room of it's own and won't get the benefit of any stereos outside of the fenced area (even if they are right next to the fence). There may be a few other situations where a Dance Floor is counted as being in a different room even when it looks like it should be in range of the music.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/11 04:06 PM

The_real_raijin

Just for anyone else that has questions about this. I created a Dance Club for Isla Paradiso and the mixologist showed up at 10pm simtime. Just make sure the lot is labeled as a bar/club in Edit Town mode.

P.S. In my studio I have created Showtime Venues for Isla Paradiso, so feel free to check out my studio.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: