Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SIMS KEEPS FREEZING??  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Lawliee

My Sims 3 keeps freezing, but the plumbob still moves and all the animations still carry on (e.g: the 'zzz' when someone is sleeping)

i've looked online and can't find anything. do i need to update my graphics card? any other suggestions?

thankyou

Jesse_Short

I am having this issue too... but I have all of the Expansion Packs and the stuff's packs.. (Fast Lane and High-End Loft) only after I installed High-End Loft Stuff did it start freezing... I tried lowering the graphics quality but that didn't help...
twistdchick21

I am having the same issue as well. I have every expansion pack installed, so I wouldn't have a clue if it's a particular game making this happen. But I have to start a new game in order for it to not happen anymore. It seems to start freezing after I've played a certain game for a while. I wonder the problem is...
Jesse_Short

Well, I had a thought. I have a program on my computer called Fix-It Pro and it allows me to clean my registry out. After I cleaned my registry, the game worked fine for the first time I played it.. Haven't played it again to see if the solution has fixed it... but it didn't freeze when I played it earlier...
scenegothgirl

I think latenight makes that happen?

Remiam85

Lawliee wrote:My Sims 3 keeps freezing, but the plumbob still moves and all the animations still carry on (e.g: the 'zzz' when someone is sleeping)

i've looked online and can't find anything. do i need to update my graphics card? any other suggestions?

thankyou

Sounds like you have the LN lag and freezing issue which boils down to sims being stuck or there are a good deal of cars around in you're world that are just taking up space.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/323874.page
Follow this link, it should help you clear out those problems.
Nimlosim

I have the same issue. Time stops, everything freezes save for a few animations like the plumbob. If music is playing it continues. It does not freeze in build mode, only in live mode.

I've been working with customer support since 12/17. We can't find an issue on my end. I've tried several things, including clearing out my cache and installing Twalllan's Master Controller and Overwatch. I have a high end computer that is up to date, defraged weekly and no prior problems with gameplay.

I have Ambitions and am patched up to 4.6. I uninstalled all my games and played the base game with an older patch with NO problems. Installed my expansion packs and the newest updates, viola! Freezing.

I would contact customer support to rule out problems with your machine, though. You always want to make sure your computer checks out first.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/05/11 06:20 PM

SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please?

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Thanks,

-Big Guy-

simmom65

I'm pretty convinced it's Late Night, since my game worked fine before installing that expansion pack. I've spent too many hours of my life on the phone with tech support trying to get the game to work. It's not my computer. I know that. It's the game.

I've uninstalled Late Night and now it's happening when I play with the Ambitiions ep. Sims are freezing and disappearing. At some point I will uninstall and reinstall all the games up to Late Night and run a registery cleaner program, if I want to play the game again. But at this point, I'm so disgusted with trying to make it work, that I have basically given up on the game completely. It's too bad. I really liked playing The Sims.
45rpm

I spent to many hours on the phone yesterday with EA support and ended up with
a Tier 2 person whatever that means who had never heard of any of these problems.
Very nice people and they tried but could not realy help except reinstall
AGAIN with some complex thing about putting Windows in safe mode well I reinstalled
which Im not doing as it says on the windows page it is for people with computer
experience and people who dont should be very careful. I have manually reinstalled
a few times already and I cant get getting my computer savy friend over to do it
all the darn time.

My problems all stem from the last patch and late night and I have read these threads carefully and found people who can run it have CC and mods. Others dont have any at all. I dont have mods but ihave store bought items.
I can play the game for a while on any town and then it starts
Sims freezing disappearing etc etc. Changing families is a horror story also
but only after I play a while.

Only game i play I have major issues with but I wish I was one who never.

Mcpeach2

I have had 2 different issues with my Sims freezing, never at the same time.

1 - They get stuck but everything else moves including time. It seems to happen when i start a family and my original Sims have hit or are just about to become "elders". All of the moods are still active and slowly move down. This problem still happens to me. I havent been able to raise any kids past toddler in a while.

2 - Every fifteen Sims minutes or so my Sims and time would freeze, but the animations would keep going. This has remedied itself (i have no idea how since i havent installed any updates. This only happened after I installed Late Night and High End Loft...but like i said it seemed to have fixed itself.

Any help for problem #1?

Thanks
Watertrue

I've got the same issue. Only a few animations continue and everything else just freeze. For me it's usually a 2sec freeze and then I can play normally again for a minute or so until the next one. Only happens in live mode.

The only thing I can do is to create new saves, but new saves also start having this issue after a while.

Saw someone mentioning something about DXDiag, so here's mine; http://pastebin.com/dGUuLEy6
Danielliebunz54

I am having this problem too. It didn't start doing this until the new patch came out. I have a brand new computer, and i even ran the system requirements to make sure that I had all the right stuff, and to no surprise i was fantastic.This leads me to believe that the patch is what caused a problem. Any ideas what I could do to get my game running right again? It's lagging/freezing really bad.
aaddd

my game is doing something like this too but i have no patches installed.EA needs to fix this game and really fix it not a temp fix.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/06/11 11:59 PM

Cheating in games that you play offline is okay no harm done.the only way cheating in video games is wrong is whean people cheat on online games.
Enid11

There are lots of us having this problem, so it is not some individual problem. Some sims in the household are frozen, they look hungry, dirty, alone and then the other household is invisible... C'mmon someone do something

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: