Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
SummerSong86

Well here I am posting from my PC as I update it. It's not easy being back in here mainly now I have 4 litter boxes in here not 2 like I used to and the kittens don't use covered litter boxes. Aaaachoooo! WR I'm going to ask you to ask one more question of Brian for me. I'll see you on your profile page comments section.

Back to the topic, Gem I'm not sure what the kitchen cabinet issue since I can't see it but one thing I know I've run into before is sometimes the wrong overhead cabinets get used and instead of the proper single-sided ones, the double-sided ones get put against a wall. If those are mounted to the wall then appliances below them tend to be blocked. The double-sided ones only work out in the middle of a room like over a kitchen island. Like I said I don't know what the blockage is but thought I'd mention that as something to look for.

Call me Summer or JM (for JennyMoonlight) just don't call me late for spaghetti with meatballs!
lovejoyriteia

Tonight I played for way more than 3 hours, with no lagging or crashes whatsoever; and I have all settings on medium to high.

My Sims were really busy tonight, too. Sherlock went swimming at the Gym, used a couple exercise machines, and took a shower. There was no sound coming from the speakers at first. But when I went into Map View and zoomed back again, music was playing. (I have no idea what that's all about.)

Piper and Sherlock rode their horses to Fleur Lake. Piper caught some frogs, and Beau and Lady grazed and drank from the pond with no problems. I've noticed a couple Paparazzi running by and plenty of Townies, as well as an Ice Cream truck. There's been a wild horse, deer, raccoon, and stray dog.

The cat caught a Rainbow Trout and a turtle at the Cat Park. (I had issues getting Piper to drive the cat home, but I'm sure that's a game problem.) At the Salon, there was a Tattoo Artist and a Stylist; Sherlock got a tattoo. Irene rode Lady to the Vampire bar, where she bribed the Bouncer and had a drink -- and told all her sorrows to the bartender! An NPC was playing the piano.

I never thought I'd say this about a Cemetary, but yours is awesome. The butterflies are a nice touch.

Writin_Reg

Got your message Summer, will do.

Hey Greenb - but you are used to the 2 gig and dealing with it, where some others may not be used to and to save Gem from getting complaints about the world being a problem, I suggest at least the 3 gig - that way if someone uses 2 gig anyway, it will keep Gem from pulling her hair out seeing it definitely should have no problem at all with 3-4 gig. It's just most people - unless they are running XP generally buy 2 gig sticks at a time nowadays as it's a better deal. Few buy 1 gig sticks at a time - or at least from what I see anyway of people who come here for my hubby to service their pcs. But if someone has 4 gigs and has a major problem not CC or mod related, then Gem knows to try and see what's going on and if others have that. Believe me, it takes talent to run this game with just 2 gigs of ram with all the EPS. Kudo's to you and Conorsims who both do that. I cannot imagine as I couldn't take 2 gigs from the get go. I basically demanded 4 gig or I was keeping my old pc that had 4 gig. Unfortunately I could not put that in here. But I now have 8. I tell you I was not even happy with 4. hehehe I avoid hoop jumping where ever I can, believe me.

So yes Gem that sounds good - you can put next to it you recommend 3-4 gig - that way if some one has less they won't feel intimidated than if you just stated it as fact. As there may be more talented 2 gig users out there and we do know it is possible. This world is way easier running than LI and much easier on resources.

Anyway, I did play in a few more households tonight that I didn't get to last, with zero problems. Not even a tiny burp. I did see a full size horse in the junk yard but it had no problem leaving as I went back a few minutes after i had saw him, as I was following a jogger checking an area I wasn't sure I had checked and got them out of the way - went back in time to see the horse running off. I still did not see if it walked the stairs or teleported, as I am still curious if they climb stairs, but it obviously doesn't matter. They are not getting stuck now.

That thing with cabinets, it is true sometimes sims claim they can't use the stove if a cabinet is over it, but have no problem with the hanging pans or the stove hood. I have no clue why some don't have a problem and others do, but I have seen them do that. I have also seen them do that with a sink as well sometimes, but less frequently than the stove. It is weird. You never know which one decides it can't use the item. From a programming perspective - it makes zero sense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/23/12 09:46 AM

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

thanks everyone

I'll put up the requirements now and then I'll go straignt in CAW to fix those issues.

expect the 3rd BETA sometime today ( about in 3-4h most)

ETA: BETA 3 is up

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/23/12 04:00 PM

Rukaya

Hi Gem, just dl'd beta3. Will start testing in a little while. I will pretty much be checking the places I checked yesterday and then spread out from there. Have a good day.
By the way great pictures, Tangie.
Summer I am so sorry to hear that your MAC is over the hill. That is the trouble with technology it becomes too old too fast.
Writin_Reg

Hey Gem, downloading it now. I plan to hang around waiting for the live chat to day, so I will probably go on in the game after I download and remove the other one.

I feel you getting there at final for sure, as the last few times in the world left me with nothing to check for and when I did check nothing was wrong. hehehe

I just wanted to play without looking for things and that don't usually happen until I am pretty sure it's ready - but shall see how it goes.

Tells you how talented you have become in CAW. Pretty soon you will be whipping them out like Rflong and Docsprock does, with hardly no testing needed at all. YAY. Must be a good feeling.

Okay, If I see anything will definitely report it, but I feel perfection coming on.

simbody872

I wish I could play/test for you. I don't have Hidden Springs or the gumball machine so I don't dare risk installing it and creating a mess. It's a beautiful world and I hope you can iron out all the details, you've done a fabulous job on it!

I've been reading about Summers MAC issues. Maybe this is why CC was crashing/lagging for you after changes and not the changes themselves. IIRC you didn't have trouble until PETS released. My daughters PC is acting up lately. I need to get in there and figure out why it's crashing for her all of a sudden. She's been able to play until just this past week and it has been CTD soon after getting in to play. I don't know if it's old saves being the issue or if it's the custom worlds she using aren't up to date with Pets. Trouble is the youngest has been on it all morning and I can't get to it to test anything out I think it may be time for a total re-install and to add in Overwatch to control the car issues.

Rukaya

Gem, I played for a time and here is what I found. The address for City Hall Plaza is run together, it reads 4 DaffodilStreet. Belladona Apt, the bookcase works. The Stadium looks great...no grass inside. 9 Coral Cape , Starlight Apt, Can now use Stove. Laurance Manor, can now use both bathrooms. 4 and 7 Coral cape, fine. The Starlight Apt showed up once as the Pet Adoption shop briefly. I wanted my sim who lives in Laurance Manor, to adopt a cat and when I went to the map the apt showed up as the adoption agency. The family that lives there does have 4 cats, much to my surprise, as they don't have any trait for animal lover. They did have a dog too but I thought that was a little much so had them put the dog up for adoption. When the kittens grow up will have put them up for adoption too as the apartment is crowded with all the animals. By the way is there a building for the pet adoption Shop?
So far that is all I found. Will try to check some more tomorrow as I have other things to do now. Hugs.
Greenb70

@Reg,I understand completely wanting to let other players know what may and may not work.Even though I have all EP's and SP's installed I would never in good faith tell someone that 2 gigs is more than enough.Just for curiosity sake on my own part I want to see how far I can get on this world before my pc cries foul and says no more.
I did finally break down and order a new one which should be delivered in the next few weeks.I have a feeling my poor 2 gigs just wouldn't like Showtime and I have no plans to throw in the towel on this series so we do what we got to do to enjoy the little things.

Writin_Reg

Rukaya - the Pet adoption house is randomly chosen by the game and most people get just that one chance to adopt from there when you see the marker on the map, before the game moves it to another random household. You cannot designate a place to adopt as these are supposed to be like people in town who has litters - when in fact the game puts them there. It was probably a family with a dog and the game added the litter long enough for you to adopt one. If they don't get adopted they generally disappear. You probably should have left the dog there as pets are usually doled out according to townie wishes or stories - the cats were just temporary.

You are also liable to see a household with 1 or 2 cats temporarily get a litter of pups and mark it as an adoption house. I leave those households alone unless I want to adopt one of the babies for my sims, because once you visit it, what ever litter they have generally vanishes pretty quick.

GreenB - that's great getting a new pc. You will definitely be able to relax better. Yeah - i try to look out for the youngsters who think their pcs can do anything as it really can take some work to keep a game going with just two gigs, and I don't think newbies could do it really - without a lot frustration and driving Gem nuts - so it is better to go a bit higher and hopefully the newbies with 2 gigs will pass by it until they get another gig or two.

But that's great about the new pc. I'm eagerly awaiting Showtime for sure. I've missed it something awful since the Beta testing ended. I want the fun back. hehehe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/24/12 01:05 AM

Greenb70

In playing Beta III I put my sim in at 1 Blue Lagoon(Beach House).I think the floating tile may have already been mentioned,you can only see it at certain angles so I snapped a couple of pictures.

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Thank you guys
I'll let you to test a bit longer, and if nothing else comes up I'm calling it final.
I've already turned BETA III to a final file and installed it , and was working all night for the save file.
So If the only issues are a mispelled address and a floating cailing tile I won't go through the trouble of fixing saving and re-creating the save file.
I've laready mentioned the borked ceiling tiles in the known issues , as most of the lots that have edited ceilings tend to get borked anyway.
I know radioactive has missing ceiling tiles and I've tried many times to fix it to no avail, as it gets messed up again.
So if it's only one tile and one address I'll leave it as is.
Opinions?

ETA grats on the new pc Beth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/24/12 05:07 AM

Writin_Reg

I wholeheartedly agree with that Gem. Those tiles have been a plague since at least LateNight if not Ambitions as i recall seeing that in Mr. Crumplebottoms worlds and he'd delete them - they'd come back. The user has better luck keeping them gone. If you get at the right angle under them you can use the jack hammer and make them vanish greenb. But Gem is right, the minute she reloaded the game they often come back. It's some tick on EA side they need to tweak to do with roof, ceilings and upper floor porch floors. For no good reason any one of those can show those crazy tile. I just jack hammer them away and they usually stay gone for the user.

Gem I played off and on since this morning and was just having a fine time. I have to go into my game and get those silly New Years and Jester hats out of my inventory, I now have a piano player and a bartender in the Vampire club wearing a jester hat and a New Years top hat. The last straw was when the babysitter showed up in a jester hat. They have to go. I can't for the life of me figure out why I put them back in here during Christmas. Must have had a hit of temporary insanity. Can't imagine why i thought they would not be stupid enough to run around in those.

But I do think it seems ready to me. I readded most of the sims from Beta II and this town has no problems at all with it at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/24/12 08:42 AM

Greenb70

I think it is fine as well.Any cosmetic issues that may have been missed are easily fixed.If I were going to encounter any major lag issues it would have been after the wildlife started spawning and that never happened.
I've enjoyed playing this and once again you have done a beautiful job.

Thanks for the congrats on the new pc guys.The closer it gets the more excited I become.I feel like a little kid almost.
geminiagre

Amy I think you'll be alright without those stuff. They will be simply missing from your game so i don't see why you will have any issues, as in the world itself there are no store content. Only in some of the lots, and i don't think that can cause any routing issues. Even the HS Spa is designed to be easily turned to a legacy lot, by just simply bouldosing the remaining building if you don't have HS and turning it to a res lot. It's a 60x60 lot with the appropriate price tag.
You could also keep it as is and edit a bit the area where the Spa is supposed to be, by adding a bar or two as the lot is tagged as a pool.
Or you can simply change it to a ST venue when and if you get it.
Apart from the spa , there is one lot that has HS windows that will probably be converted to base game ones, a few street lights in 1-2 lots. You will not notice the absence of the gumball mashine, or even the FOY as the lot that has the FOY can stand alone no problem.
there is also the Dr.Pepper stadium that can be easily replaced by the base game one.
The rest store stuff are the latest ford eco pack ( the one with the skydiving center) and riverview which are both free and i'm pretty sure you probably own those already.

Beth, I know exactly how you feel! I was very excited when i was expecting this pc , as it was build especially for sims 3 release, and I got so upset when i received it and it didn't work as it should. Thankfully sims 3 was delayed and I had time to fix the issues, and no I know never to get a pc build from that store ever again.
One thing that excites me for the day my KP ST will arrive , is that they will deliver my new SHINY keyboard with it. Which by the way it's literaly shiny as it has led blue lights on the keys (that match my entire pc), where you can get only game movement keys to light up if you want to (i think it's the AWSD keys)! So I feel like jumping around as the days come closer

So i'll wait a few hours more , for some of the rest people to give my the OK, even though WR's OK who's a pro and Beths Ok who has the lower end pc , finalises it for me, I want to be on the safe side cause more eyes are always better , and I'll call it DONE

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/24/12 02:45 PM

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: