Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sim won't stop doing an action!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
arrmac

So one of my sims is trying to teach a toddler how to talk, and the toddler learned completely but won't stop talking. I've tried to cancel the action and even added a new one for both sims, but they won't move. All that happens is the toddler keeps talking while the adult sits on the floor watching. What do I do??
Cheburashka

Sims freezing/getting stuck while 'teaching to talk' is a known bug. It is fixed most of the time by resetting the adult/older sim.

Bring up the cheat bar-

ctrl+shift+C

and type in-

resetSim <full Sim name>

and hit 'enter'

Usage example: resetSim Mortimer Goth

This should work
arrmac

thanks very much!
knightlyromance

My Sim won't stop talking on the phone. I've exed it out, tried making them do something else, tried using the cheat to reset but nothing is working. He just keeps talking even though the queue icon has an X on it. Help?

Also, that cheat has never worked for me.
LilSnakeHips

arrmac wrote:So one of my sims is trying to teach a toddler how to talk, and the toddler learned completely but won't stop talking. I've tried to cancel the action and even added a new one for both sims, but they won't move. All that happens is the toddler keeps talking while the adult sits on the floor watching. What do I do??

I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago, before the problems I'm having now.
I had to save game, then go to edit town, split up household, moving out the parent that was training, and leave the toddler and other parent there. Then once on clipboard, moved parent back into household. It gave my family more money doing it this way.
But my toddler should have been taken away by social service worker, and dead by the time I saved and split up household. The adult was given back all his stats, but toddler was/should have been dead.
No one in house could sleep /or/ given the option to sleep, until I split up family.
Toddle was starved, way passed sleep needs, and bladder expired, causing a much needed bath.
The only thing she didnt need was social.
Good Luck!
KATIEBUTTRISS

Cheburashka wrote:Sims freezing/getting stuck while 'teaching to talk' is a known bug. It is fixed most of the time by resetting the adult/older sim.

Bring up the cheat bar-

ctrl+shift+C

and type in-

resetSim <full Sim name>

and hit 'enter'

Usage example: resetSim Mortimer Goth

This should work

I had the problem and this worked so if anyone else has this problem i highly suggest the above
cloek98

I have a kind of same problem to, i got the sims 3 showtime yesterday and my sim is playing a gig, but wont stop performing, its doing my head in!!! Should i try the reset thing???
SIMSAUBREY23

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH LilSnakeHips I thought i was gonna lose everthing
182Tess

Yes - I think we're all been there at some point ^
Getting a stuck action is horrible the first time.

resetSim is one of the best cheats the game has to offer! You will be surprised how often this comes in handy!

PlayerFox

My sim was stuck going to bed and the "resetSim" cheat worked perfect! Thanks

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: