Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't place community lots...need help!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
ncm2f

So I installed Sims 3 Ambitions, got it loaded and it went straight into Edit Town mode...So I go to community lots, I see all the new buildings (firehouse, salon, etc...), I click on "Place Copy" and then all the empty lots disappear and there's nowhere to place my new stuff....wth? Please help!
Warpster

I think you have to set the empty lots you want to place the buildings on to community lots first

Click on the tag of on empty lot in edit town mode and select change lot type (make sure its the right size too!)
And select community and from the drop down box select anything

then try to place the lots
nickibitsward

ncm2f wrote:So I installed Sims 3 Ambitions, got it loaded and it went straight into Edit Town mode...So I go to community lots, I see all the new buildings (firehouse, salon, etc...), I click on "Place Copy" and then all the empty lots disappear and there's nowhere to place my new stuff....wth? Please help!

Hi: the game might also place the lots for you - I've had that happen, so make sure they aren't already there. You can always move them or delete them and place the ones in the community lots bin if you don't like their location.

And you do have to change an empty lot to Community Lot and then to the correct lot type, i.e. junkyard, laundromat, firestation before you can place the new lots.
Hosfac

Edit: answered.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/21/11 09:46 PM

Twilight33

I'm having the exact same problem except when I go to change it to a communithy lot theres nothing. I cant even select the empty lot. I'm only getting lots from the World Editor, am I doing this wrong? Because thats the only place I can get them. Please help me!!!
Kitty_to_Karen

I am having trouble placing any lounge type lots.

Other lots work fine, but even if I change it to the right type (e.g. exclusive lounge), it won't let me place the lounge.
LeafyJustice

Not sure if this'll help you but it worked for me. When you have an emtpy lot whos Icon is an outline of a house (not colored in if that make sense)and you try to convert it to a comunity lot you will be unable to place a pre-made building there. But if you bulldoze the lot THEN change it to a community lot you'll be able to place pre-made businesses. Of course you'll still need to make sure you have the minimum amount of squares on the lot (example a pre-made house with 30x30 needs a lot with that amount or more). Hope this helps everyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/15/12 11:42 AM

simsfan4957

im having trouble with placing lounges as well, i did everything like set it to a community lot and changed it to an exclusive lounge but it still didn't let me put it down. plz help!
gc6164

Edit: Ugh, someone wrote the exact same thing as me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/22/12 04:37 AM

K_Loop

I figured it out.. At least how it works for me.. I put and empty lot where i wanted it (where it let me put it) and you have to change it from a resident lot to a community lot, if it doesn't show you which community lot you want on your list, choose "no visitors allowed" and go back to community lots and choose what one you want, click place copy and put your copy where you put your empty lot (which is now a community lot)... the lot has to be the right size or bigger.. hope this helped and didn't confuse the crap outta anyone
Qiuyue

Twilight33 wrote:I'm having the exact same problem except when I go to change it to a communithy lot theres nothing. I cant even select the empty lot. I'm only getting lots from the World Editor, am I doing this wrong? Because thats the only place I can get them. Please help me!!!

Same here! I can place lots, but there is no option to change them to community lots, even if i bulldoze and try again. Someone help please!
Simcousin

LeafyJustice wrote:Not sure if this'll help you but it worked for me. When you have an emtpy lot whos Icon is an outline of a house (not colored in if that make sense)and you try to convert it to a comunity lot you will be unable to place a pre-made building there. But if you bulldoze the lot THEN change it to a community lot you'll be able to place pre-made businesses. Of course you'll still need to make sure you have the minimum amount of squares on the lot (example a pre-made house with 30x30 needs a lot with that amount or more). Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks Leafy Justice. Been a while since I played and was having that same problem. Your answer solved it for me.

I love the Sims 3!
Liziann1

LeafyJustice wrote:Not sure if this'll help you but it worked for me. When you have an emtpy lot whos Icon is an outline of a house (not colored in if that make sense)and you try to convert it to a comunity lot you will be unable to place a pre-made building there. But if you bulldoze the lot THEN change it to a community lot you'll be able to place pre-made businesses. Of course you'll still need to make sure you have the minimum amount of squares on the lot (example a pre-made house with 30x30 needs a lot with that amount or more). Hope this helps everyone.

THANK YOU !!! This worked for me! it was driving me nuts

I will play till half past . . .
Clodaghxx

I am trying to place a big show venue but there are no spaces for me to put it so i can't put it down,even though i deleted a park and now theres an empty lot there? help???
SFindley91

K_Loop wrote:I figured it out.. At least how it works for me.. I put and empty lot where i wanted it (where it let me put it) and you have to change it from a resident lot to a community lot, if it doesn't show you which community lot you want on your list, choose "no visitors allowed" and go back to community lots and choose what one you want, click place copy and put your copy where you put your empty lot (which is now a community lot)... the lot has to be the right size or bigger.. hope this helped and didn't confuse the crap outta anyone

WORKED for me! thank you!!!

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: