Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
WORLD EXPORT FAILED - SOLUTION  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
votenga

Hi there had a few issues with this when exporting my world. Everything worked fine until on day trying to export my world failed, after trying numerous solutions this is the one that worked for me. xx

1. load world
2. save world to program files\electronicarts\createaworld\usertooldata\worlds
3. check to see your world has been saved in that directory
4. close caw, reload and open world file from that location
5. test world export
6. should be successful
7. delete all old references to your world from the documents electronic arts directory
8 you can now resave back to the files original location and world export should be functioning again.

i hope this helps, worked for me xx

myarena145

This didn't work....I'm so sad....
rjdreamer53

In the past few weeks I have had to put my original Sims3 folder to desktop and let the game regenerate a new one for CAW , so that I could export a world. I have the last 2-3 worlds, just , been making sure that the routing data is refreshed and then I just save the world in Caw without exiting.
I then go to export a world, select my world and so far , knock wood, and cross fingers, it has worked for me. I have done this here lately, but I haven't gotten the latest patch yet either. This didn't even work for me at first, till I tried the routing, save , then export method. I hope this works for some of you.
Barbiebee

I came here to find an answer to this problem as well, and I didnt find it here but it's pretty recent so i thought i'd share what I did find...

it was suggested to copy your world file and move it to a new location, i took mine and just pasted it on the desktop, then in caw navigate to that file and export it, worked for me just fine =]
Bonfirebob

Did not work for me
pusen04

I can't get mine to export my world files... I have worked on it for so long, put in so many hours. I have tried to rename it, relocating the file... I feel like I have tried everything.
My caw wont even let it export once... =(

It wont export anything...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/13 03:51 PM

You know, one good thing about the Blight is how it brings people together...
auntielynds

Try pulling your DCCache folder. More info here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049 post #6

Acuraboi86

Barbiebee wrote:I came here to find an answer to this problem as well, and I didnt find it here but it's pretty recent so i thought i'd share what I did find...

it was suggested to copy your world file and move it to a new location, i took mine and just pasted it on the desktop, then in caw navigate to that file and export it, worked for me just fine =]

[b][u][i]
THANK YOU!!!!!! STRESSING FOR DAYS OVER TWO WORLDS AND THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!!
NewYorkUsa2

Barbiebee wrote:I came here to find an answer to this problem as well, and I didnt find it here but it's pretty recent so i thought i'd share what I did find...

Worked for me Thank you
lburky70

NewYorkUsa2 wrote:

Worked for me Thank you

ME TOO!!! Thank you!!!!
KarilynMonroe2

auntielynds wrote:Try pulling your DCCache folder. More info here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049 post #6

This worked for me!

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: