Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to use 'Nraas Overwatch' mode in game?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Jeansoo

Actually, my game stops and goes every 10 seconds so I searched internet. I downloaded this mod to solve my problem. I'm not happy to suffer from this trouble with NO CCs, Hacks and Mods. But now I realized sometimes, we need some of mods or hacks if it needs. I just want to reset all homeless sims in my game. Please help me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/26/11 09:28 AM

Zolt65

From the website: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=63.0

This mod adds a menu called "NRaas \ Overwatch" to the City Hall and the Active Sim:

Settings...
Clean up All Homeless
Enables a nightly purging of any homeless in town
Default: False

So you would click it so that it read True instead of false and you would get a nightly purge of homeless.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/26/11 09:52 AM

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
Jeansoo

Zolt65 wrote:From the website: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=63.0

This mod adds a menu called "NRaas \ Overwatch" to the City Hall and the Active Sim:

Settings...
Clean up All Homeless
Enables a nightly purging of any homeless in town
Default: False

So you would click it so that it read True instead of false and you would get a nightly purge of homeless.

Thanks I read it but the one I got is a kind of a package file, not a program.What I mean is I can't see 'setting' anywhere. Should I click 'city hall' and then will get those menu??
Zolt65

Did you put the package file in the Mods folder?

if not you need to, here's a thread explaining how to install CC
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
Jeansoo

Zolt65 wrote: Did you put the package file in the Mods folder?

if not you need to, here's a thread explaining how to install CC

Thanks very much. Now I can use this mod and actually very usefull!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/26/11 10:35 AM

Hepdog

I'm currently having the same problem with my game except that it is much more severe. My game freezes every 1-2 seconds, and freezes for about 10 seconds in real life.

I was trying to use this thread to help, but I don't have the Mod folder you need. What should I do?
brunettesimgirl

Hepdog wrote:I'm currently having the same problem with my game except that it is much more severe. My game freezes every 1-2 seconds, and freezes for about 10 seconds in real life.

I was trying to use this thread to help, but I don't have the Mod folder you need. What should I do?

You need to set up your mod folders in order to download CC/Mods. This link will help you get the folders set up:

Hepdog

Thanks, I'll give it a shot
Hepdog

Nope it didn't work. Are there any other possible options? Ones that don't involve downloading programs off the internet?
GODDESS_ISIS

My game was freezing every 2-3 seconds. It ran fine untill I made a night club (Hidden Springs)

I got home and it kept freezing up. But when i looked outside, there was about 100 random sims down the side of my house, but not on my lot. They just stand there moaning that they are hungry and tired, but they dont leave. they have made my game unstable now and it crashes easy.

i made a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyRzybt8uLQ

also my butler has never showed up but im not sure if this is related.
Jarsie9

To run package files, you need a file called Framework Setup. I know I got it from Mod The Sims, and I just found it on SimsWiki.

Here is the link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3
_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Read everything carefully, and you should see a download icon. Download the file from there and follow the instructions. That file contains a Mods folder that you can put in your Sims 3 Documents folder. It will enable you to install and run package files, provided that those files are inside the packages folder.

Hope this helps. Google NRaas for that url. I would link to it, but I think that site contains mods that could get me in trouble if I posted that link.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/29/11 03:32 PM

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
GeezerPunk

Hepdog wrote:I'm currently having the same problem with my game except that it is much more severe. My game freezes every 1-2 seconds, and freezes for about 10 seconds in real life.

I was having that problem about six months ago only my system seemed to also pause during each complex task (even locating to a sim in a different area of the map) and Nrass Overwatch fixed the problem for me.

Have you tried clicking on the City Hall to see if the new menu items are there? There are also other options besides the homeless such as stereos and cars. Make sure that those are set to be cleaned up as well.

Also start a new game, if the system still acts slow it is something like a corrupted cache or other file. If the problem goes away it is most likely a problem with the specific instance.

GP

Why yes I am living in my own private Idaho...

But It's OK, they all know me there.
GODDESS_ISIS

I found out that as soon as i called for a butler about 6 of them showed up, and they wont come into the lot. They just stand outside. Over time more and more of them arrive but dont do anything, But slow my game down.

I try to clean up homless on overwatch, but it wont clear them.
But its great at other stuff.
I have started a new game, its running great again, but now i cant have a butler.
XTS2009

GODDESS_ISIS wrote:I found out that as soon as i called for a butler about 6 of them showed up, and they wont come into the lot. They just stand outside. Over time more and more of them arrive but dont do anything, But slow my game down.

I try to clean up homless on overwatch, but it wont clear them.
But its great at other stuff.
I have started a new game, its running great again, but now i cant have a butler.

I started Hidden Springs for the first time last night and have this exact same problem. I tried resetsim * and that only cleared them for a few minutes. However they do go home at night but it starts up again the next day. I had like a dozen butlers there, could not dismiss them. It was the large lot I used and placed a sim & house from another neighborhood. Thanks for posting this, it'll likely save me the trouble of trying to use this for that specific purpose as I was considering it already. My butler is fine in other worlds, just not here apparently ??..

EDIT: If it helps, I only placed the house, worked on the lot for a bit decorating it, then called a butler. I never built any other venues or houses... The world started off this way for me after placing my sim's house.

Edit2: I got overwatch anyway. Nifty tool!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/06/12 04:03 AM

wand33andtails

For those suffering with the 2-3 sec lag, enabled cheats by using

testingCheatsEnabled true

and then

reset sim * (note: if this doesnt work, try "resetSim *" with reset + sim being one word, working off memory here so I might be wrong with the first guess)

This will reset all sims (incl your playable sims, so make sure your task is complete is your sim is busy with something) to a neutral state and remove any "homeless" ones that are spawning (usually only found after Showtime is installed - the sims pop spawn in droves at the simsfest stage/area).

This helped me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/16/12 11:51 AM

Check out my blog at http://tails.co.za or my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/wand33 - daily vlogs, some tutorials and other random stuff!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: