Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 not starting, and my launcher isn't showing up with the new patch.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
buddywuddy21

I can open the launcher, but when I click play, it doesn't work and makes the launcher start not responding. This has been happening since I installed EA download manager because it I thought that might be the update, but it wasn't. My computer does meet system requirements. Can someone please help me? I can't play the sims now.

buddywuddy21

anyone???

Kagomeschatz

YES i Just Found it out *i had the same problem* what games do you have?? (i need to know to help)
bob007

Did you try to click the play button again. My launcher has had this double click since before this last patch.

Pamhamlet

You should always be able to play your game by bypassing the launcher and going straight into your executable file and double clicking it. I always start my game this way.

Use your current EP/SP for the directory path. For example: for Late Night:

Path: My Computer/C:/Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims3 Late Night/Game/Bin/TS3EP03

Remember this is just an example. The last entry (TS3EP03) will be whatever your current EP/SP is, and that is the executable file that you double click on to start your game.
bluegayle_

It is happening to a few people so you are not alone.

The bypass works and we will just have to wait for another fix to the download manager.
It is only Sims3 that doesn't work so possibly the two updates are conflicting.

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?
bluegayle_

Third times the charm. I uninstalled the download manager literally three times and it now opens the launcher as it should.

Hopefully it fixes for everybody.

Happy Simming

However I will keep my bypass link on my desktop just in case.

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?
bluegayle_

Luckily I kept my bypass link handy.
The launcher does open but when I use it the game crashes.
Does not crash when I use direct link.

zorba2357

About to lose all patience with the launcher, I've had issues for months now. Multiple launcher issues. It may be all the store stuff in there. Have even tried removing all the stuff from downloads folder though and that Still didn't have any effect.

Instead of playing sims 3, I end up playing with the launcher, for hours. Anyhow decided to try to bypass launcher. Yes, I've heard this advice before and even tried it, But I think unless you have very concise directions on Where to find the application to start game, well it isn't easily apparent. In any case thank-you so much PamHamlet!!

I finally found the Correct shortcut application, made a copy to my desktop, started the game. The difference is literally night and day.

The game promptly and without ado starts, and plays. 'Nuff said, I'll try not to bore you with the multiple painful details of my launcher issues! Thank you a million times!

I know this is an old thread, but it's the one I came up with searching the site. And the direction, the path was clear enough to understand.

Springfairy556

I have had this problem for a long time, along with "Can not connect to EADM" but I was still able to get into my game.I just had to click play quickly, and not sit there and browse through the launcher.

zorba2357

Haha, that's my problem, I was obsessed with looking at my store stuff and whether the launcher showed it as installed. The launcher shows some of it as Uninstalled even though it Is installed.

But no more. I'm using the .exe shortcut to start the game from now on. I'll only use the launcher when I download or upload stuff.

I do have an old computer, but it plays sims 3 and other games just Fine. And it works fine for internet etc. But that launcher totally stresses out my computer. Says it uses too much RAM, memory.

edit: I also have the "cannot connect to EADM" error message , but click "o.k." and then it works anyhow.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/06/11 05:49 AM

kasuma1010

buddywuddy21 wrote:anyone???

browse into your game directory and find "TS3.EXE" and start launching the game using that from now on. it also saves that much more ram too.
AliceRoared

I tried going into the files and going to Town Life and then clicking 'Play' but it just called up the launcher! It's also telling me that an update is available, but when I click 'Update' it stop responding. Oh my God. I spent ages installing all the Sims onto my new laptop because I had huge glitches on the computer and now I can't even PLAY?

Please help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/11 05:44 AM

Valida23

I have the same plroblem and why hasent anyone figured out yet, but the things you all say are hard for me to understand. Ts3.Exe? and exetra, my luncher comes up I click the play butten and it has that blue circle butten or icon thing then after 10 or less seconds, it stops responding any way to play the game with out luncher?
45rpm

It appears to be a Origins Problem
If you click on their icon you will get this pop up

"Origin is currently experiencing issues with game activation.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

You can play without the launcher or I can

My late game is Generations
I go to the Generations Icon on my desktop
I right clcik
I open file location
I double click on TS3EP04 and it takes me right to the games
If you last add on is pets I think it ends in 05

Works for me anyways until they fix whatever is wrong

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: