Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unwanted CC in my own new world  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Author Message
JudySims


Joined: 06/26/09 02:25 AM
Messages: 129
Offline

Does anyone else have a problem with strange CC showing up when you install your own created world for testing?

I have a problem with objects showing up that I never put in the world when creating. I have gone into CAW and seen a little pile of strange stuff at times and just deleted them, but how do I check a world file for unwanted CC in my world file before installing?

Also, I have a problem with deleting some of the strange unwanted objects that install with the world. I get this message: "Can not uninstall packages with dependents." Any answers for that? Some of these objects will uninstall and some won't. I have tried uninstalling the world and it does no good.

I keep up with any CC I put in my world in EIG, so I know I did not put those other items into my world. Hope this makes sense and someone can help. I don't like getting CC I did not put into the world and I am sure others won't either.
Thanks
Judy
Profile
HappySimmer3


Joined: 11/10/09 09:40 PM
Messages: 3631
Location:Just left of center...

Bummer. Ea has really messed up how CC works in this game, imo. I have heard of this before, of CC attaching itself to worlds or other types of files, even when they were not part of the original upload. I don't think anyone has yet figured out why it does this, but it's true that once it is included in the world file it cannot be deleted without deleting the world first. I wonder if this means that if any of the CC 'breaks' due to a future patch, the entire world would have to go.

I really think your best bet is to remove all your CC, or at least all the CC you don't plan to use, until you finish your world.

Personally, I still use CC (I doubt I would even play this game without it) but I much prefer it in separate package file form so that I can have complete control over it. So if it were up to me, I would prefer that no CC be included in a world file, but links to the CC that's recommended could be provided so that I can choose whether I want it or not. I have even seen all the CC used on a lot or world included in a separate download file, all in package format. That sure makes it easy for users, but of course it depends on the creators upload policies on whether or not that method is appropriate.

Anyhow, just my two cents. Good luck!


Profile
Magic_Dancer


Joined: 09/14/09 12:59 PM
Messages: 1390

Here is what I would try: (back up game/caw files)
Find all the items listed as in the world
Remove the The Sims 3 folder. I have read you can rename it or move it to your desktop.
Reinstall the Simspacks needed for the world. Maybe Riverview if you used it.
Then open CAW, open the world and save it to a new name. To indicate you are checking it for CC.
Go into EIG and check each house for CC. Maybe add one item or change an item so the game will have something to save.
Save in EIG.
Export your world and check for any CC.

I hope you find it.
Profile
auntielynds


Joined: 09/05/09 09:18 PM
Messages: 2945
Location:428783
Offline

I use Delphy's Sims3pack Cleaner. There seems to be a few items of CC that once installed in your game, will attach themselves to any sims3pack you export whether you placed it in the world, lot, sim, or not. Case in point, do you remember the doll from last spring? I think there are some patterns that do this also.

Another experience I've had when building a world, I popped in a few lots in EIG that had CC. After saving, and closing I went back and deleted those lots. Eventually when I exported the world, all that CC was still there. I had to uninstall those lots with the launcher, then check the installed patterns section, and uninstall those. That's what it's talking about with the "dependencies", You have to get rid of whatever that CC came into your game with.

I've also heard of CC attaching itself to stuff downloaded off the exchange, if you uploaded your world, then downloaded to install it.

Anyway, I try to check everything with the 3pack Cleaner, and you can delete unwanted CC that rides in on other Sims3packs by unchecking the box, and saving. Here's a few links;

Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Also raises dead?

Here's a tut on how to use it. Just disregard the extra ranting on this thread, there was a little bit of weird hysteria going on.
Subject: Tutorial about Custard Tool by Delphy

Profile
simsample


Joined: 06/05/09 10:23 AM
Messages: 947

Also, delete your DCBackup folder. Any files in there will package with a world, if they are used in that world.
Profile
Remmo


Joined: 06/07/09 06:36 AM
Messages: 587
Offline

Had a similar experience Hopefully you managed to clean it out, but just in case you might want to check my thread for how I did it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/347442.page#47744
80


Profile
Conorsim


Joined: 05/01/10 03:45 PM
Messages: 6194
Location:The Present

I'm getting this all the time It's not from my own world, it's from others. The strange thing is is that their creator's say NO-CC... and yet I'm being engulfed in chairs and beds that I've never ever seen before.

I've located some in the launcher, and they uninstalled fine. Others, which are the launcher, they refuse to uninstall. And it's scaring me. I try to uninstall them one at a time, but it says they belong to a package. Then I uninstall them all at once, and it still fails. Hmmm. And then other pieces of CC that I've never seen before don't even appear in the launcher.

I'd appreciate help greatly; as I did get some from Pary the last time this happened - which helped magnificently - but this is a new issue, I'm afraid. :O



Profile
Remmo


Joined: 06/07/09 06:36 AM
Messages: 587
Offline

Conor: The strange thing is is that their creator's say NO-CC


I'm convinced this stuff is creeping in under the radar and attaching itself to the world files un-beknown to the world creators, as this happened to me. I can only think that maybe this is a result of a change that EA made in how CAW handles cc.

Do a fresh export of your own current world that you're working on, one in which you know you haven't placed any cc and check it with Custard. I would bet money that you'll see some cc listed there.
Profile
Conorsim


Joined: 05/01/10 03:45 PM
Messages: 6194
Location:The Present

Remmo wrote:
Conor: The strange thing is is that their creator's say NO-CC


I'm convinced this stuff is creeping in under the radar and attaching itself to the world files un-beknown to the world creators, as this happened to me. I can only think that maybe this is a result of a change that EA made in how CAW handles cc.

Do a fresh export of your own current world that you're working on, one in which you know you haven't placed any cc and check it with Custard. I would bet money that you'll see some cc listed there.


Yes, I'm believing that they're even oblivious to their CC creeping into their own world. I only have 2 pieces of CC in my world - that I need - but the rest can go. I don't place the other (unwanted) CC, it's just.. there. I've never placed any of the unwanted CC. So, it's not like it's gonna creep into other people's game - or is it? If it happened to the original creator's world, then it could well happen to mine... which is why I want to get rid of it NOW. So.. how?

And I have to say, I like this thread, OP, so thanks for bringing this topic up



Profile
starlightkc


Joined: 03/10/10 04:04 PM
Messages: 3489
Location:Teach Fifi, ach uaireanta mianach ;)
Offline

If you get CC through worlds that don't appear in the launcher, you can delete them from you DCbackup folder in the sims 3 folder.

Profile
Clayworld


Joined: 07/21/09 02:33 AM
Messages: 994
Offline

Never, ever put anything in your game that you haven't run through Delphy's Custard for Sims3packs or Sims Dashboard for packages. No matter how pretty anything looks, I don't put it in my game unless it's CC free.

Anything you upload to the exchange should be run through Custard as well. It's the only way to know there's no piggy-backed CC. I find worlds like this all the time. Creators have not used any CC, yet there it is in their world.

I actually use a lot of CC myself, but I want to pick and choose exactly what is in my game.

Profile
Remmo


Joined: 06/07/09 06:36 AM
Messages: 587
Offline

Clayworld, when I release the finished version of Simkyo, can I make you my no-cc quality control tester?
Profile
Conorsim


Joined: 05/01/10 03:45 PM
Messages: 6194
Location:The Present

starlightkc wrote:If you get CC through worlds that don't appear in the launcher, you can delete them from you DCbackup folder in the sims 3 folder.


I never knew that, karen, so thanks But when I go into that folder.. there's like a gazillion icons of clear rubbish.. how do i know which one is the one I want to get rid of?



Profile
Writin_Reg


Joined: 06/05/09 07:42 AM
Messages: 17059
Location:Center Ossipee, NH
Offline

Yeah, anything you have in your own game files can easily transfer to your world if that CC was made using a EA mesh, and that is the things that "can't be deleted because of dependents. I have had it happen in my always free of CC games because they were in a house or attached to a house, sim, or lot download that just sits in my library, what more some of the attached stuff does not even show up in custard because the mesh is EA's. But ingame you sometimes see sims or houses with this CC because their sims the game adds to the game is assigned certain meshes, which then pulls the hidden CC onto the sims with the mesh - and because the files are hidden even clean all your folders may not always removed this evil attached CC as the came sees it as EA files. You can't remove it physically from the game because the mesh it was built off of is not removeable, that's when you get the dependent thing.


Profile
JudySims


Joined: 06/26/09 02:25 AM
Messages: 129
Offline

auntielynds wrote:I use Delphy's Sims3pack Cleaner. There seems to be a few items of CC that once installed in your game, will attach themselves to any sims3pack you export whether you placed it in the world, lot, sim, or not. Case in point, do you remember the doll from last spring? I think there are some patterns that do this also.

Another experience I've had when building a world, I popped in a few lots in EIG that had CC. After saving, and closing I went back and deleted those lots. Eventually when I exported the world, all that CC was still there. I had to uninstall those lots with the launcher, then check the installed patterns section, and uninstall those. That's what it's talking about with the "dependencies", You have to get rid of whatever that CC came into your game with.

I've also heard of CC attaching itself to stuff downloaded off the exchange, if you uploaded your world, then downloaded to install it.

Anyway, I try to check everything with the 3pack Cleaner, and you can delete unwanted CC that rides in on other Sims3packs by unchecking the box, and saving. Here's a few links;

Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Also raises dead?

Here's a tut on how to use it. Just disregard the extra ranting on this thread, there was a little bit of weird hysteria going on.
Subject: Tutorial about Custard Tool by Delphy


Thanks so much, Auntielynn. You are always so sweet. I had heard of that program and tried to install it, but each time I do, I get an error from Microsoft that would not install it. I have no idea why it would not let it install or what that error is. Any ideas? I really want to use that program as I don't want any unwanted CC in my worlds or my game. Any program I try to install from MTS does that.
Profile
 
Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: