Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Better shopping in the sims 3?  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
kaweecheema

I think it would be really awesome if there was a mall in the sims 3. And I mean like a mall that you can actually see and go inside, not a rabbit hole. There would be booths, a food court, shops, photo booth, fountain. I know this would be a huge addition, but this would be so awesome. Or there could just be more stores, like clothing stores, furniture stores, toy stores, other things that you can't get from the buy mode.
funnykid

Enter The Sims 2 Open For Business.

With the way things are going with The Sims 3, I don't foresee the rabbit holes opening up. At least not in any meaningful way. At the most, maybe we will be able to click on cash register while all the other items in the store sit stagnantly as purely decorative items.

van1llabeeen87

What Funnykid said. I'm currently enjoying all of these things in Sims 2. I don't think they will ever implement something this cool in TS3 this late unfortunately.

Kail16

I was recently inspired to build a mall for my Sims, I have to thank Lorena88 for the idea, Lorena88 is at present working on a mall project and I can;t wait to teh finsihes product, I'll be uploading mine as well so we can share.

Back on topic though, I do feel malls could be incorporated or some sort of shopping centers however. I don't think we'll be needing clothing stores or furniture stores, we can get that automatically. I would however like to see the addition of some shops that our Sims can visit. Perhaps candy stores, toy stores (there aren't many toys in buy mode, I say go for it) maybe they could add perfumes and we'd have a beauty shops and such, perhaps shopping for nick knacks and I'd really like a florist shop.

sazjay1975

Kail16 I love the idea of beuaty shops. I also liked in sims 2 the OFB side of things like the selling techniques and stuff. Another thing I would like is so we can run a business from home as well.

The jewellery counters so we can get more jewellery was it Bon Voyage that had the jewellery stands?
Aeroprincess87

Another place in which EA went backwards with the Sims franchise. In the Sims2 you could actually build malls. In fact I remember building a mall where I had a bakery to go eat at, a little coffee shop, place to buy jewelry, and a clothing store. I used to send my sims there all the time and it was awesome! But yes we do need malls in the Sims3. I hate the cut-to-CAS thing that happens when you want your sims to get a new outfit and the fact that it's free.

I miss sending my sims out to clothing stores to shop for clothes and watching them try the clothes on and then actually having to pay for them.

zorba2357

I miss shopping malls and stores in sims 2 also. There was one called "Aquagalaxial" that I downloaded from the exchange that I was absolutely in love with!

My sim's main (well one of them) joy in life was going shopping for clothes, and meeting and socializing. I also liked the "Warehouse" shopping lot in Strangetown, and the H& M stores that came with the stuff pack.

Stuff packs actually came with lots back then.

Nicoleamoral

A florist! Great idea! I wish sims could buy flowers (or chocolates or a teddy bear, etc) for their loved one or have them delivered. I also wish that when deciding to propose, they could shop for a proper ring and have to pay for it, instead of it being free and already in their pockets. Real engagement rings are not free!

I use Swagbucks to earn EA Gift Cards to buy Simpoints! It's FREE and EASY!

Referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/NicM87
Damienf519

Kaweecheema,

I like the idea of a mall or any type of open shop in the game. But if they're going to sell stuff that's already in the object catalog there should be some advantages to buying them there, instead of object catalog, since it will take more time. Maybe stores would have sales every once and awhile, and when they did, a sale icon would appear over the particular store. Than when your sims bought say furniture at that store, they'd get a discount that they wouldn't get if they bought it using the regular object catalog. Also they could get a special moodlet when they bought an object at one of those stores.

If they're going to add shopping to the game, I'd also like them to add open grocery stores. A lot of people have suggested that they add open restaurants, but not many that I know of have thought of this. It could be a vast supermarket with checkout stands, a grocery store deli, sea food and butcher stands, and grocery store shelves. In addition to being a nice place to buy groceries, The supermarket would be a nice place to socialize, because even when there weren't a lot of shoppers, they'd be a lot of sims working there.

Check out Spring Valley. Don't forget the saved game file. Let me know what you think
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688035.
page#10975233
Nicoleamoral

Ohhhh open restaurants reminds me of the old Hot Date expansion when the restaurants WERE open. I loved that!!

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: