Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why are there cockroaches in my laundromat? How do I get rid of them?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Faith_Andhope

I built a neighborhood laundromat and when I visited there were cockroaches running around everywhere. When I click on them the only option I get is "catch."

How do I get rid of them?

Thank you.
brookesaywhatx

That's weird..I guess catch them? Lol
keleya

Use the catch option and you can remove them. Plus, you get a fancy shmancy new pet, in the process!
Candygurl84

keleya wrote:Use the catch option and you can remove them. Plus, you get a fancy shmancy new pet, in the process!

lol

tlc10175

There must be some cockroach spawners on the lot you chose to build on. To permanently get rid of the cockroaches, go into buydebug mode, and delete the spawners.

Open cheat box:

* testingcheatsenabled true

* buydebug

* delete spawners: (you will see the spawner boxes after entering buydebug mode)

* testingcheatsenabled false

buh-bye cockroaches!

Kolby

tlc10175 wrote:There must be some cockroach spawners on the lot you chose to build on. To permanently get rid of the cockroaches, go into buydebug mode, and delete the spawners.

Open cheat box:

* buydebug

* delete spawners: (you will see the spawner boxes after entering buydebug mode)

buh-bye cockroaches!

This.

Meteora97

Just like the pied piper, led rats through the streets, we dance like marionettes, swaying to the symphony, OF DESTRUCTION!
Chimp2678

No chemical sprayer like Sims 2 for this game?? That's too bad.

allisoneg02

roaches aren't "icky" in the sims 3 like they were in the sims2.. they are just collectables. If you go into edit world mode then edit the lot you can delete the spawner that way too

Faith_Andhope

Thanks for all the helpful - and funny - answers.

The weird thing is that I had bulldozed a house that used to be on that lot and when I played with the Sim who lived in that house previously, I never saw cockroaches in her house. They just appeared when I bulldozed the lot and put the laundromat there. I did place a house lot I downloaded from the exchange and then I modified it. Can cockroaches come with a lot you download from the exchange????

Well, anyway, I will try to debug it with the cheat. Thanks!
Sherio88

I love how of all the spawners in the town, that the one on your laundromat is cockroaches! That's just tooooo classic.

Faith_Andhope

tlc10175 wrote:There must be some cockroach spawners on the lot you chose to build on. To permanently get rid of the cockroaches, go into buydebug mode, and delete the spawners.

Open cheat box:

* buydebug

buh-bye cockroaches!

Ummmm..... ok, I did the first step and then buydebug, but when I typed in delete spawners, it said "Unknown Command" Delete" so I figured I had to zoom out to map mode to see them and delete them that way, but I do not see spawner boxes that way.

Exactly how do I "delete spawners" after entering buydebug mode? Thanks again.
Faith_Andhope

Sherio88 wrote:I love how of all the spawners in the town, that the one on your laundromat is cockroaches! That's just tooooo classic.

I know; I thought that too. I wondered if it occurred when I designated the lot type as laundromat!
Sherio88

try deletespawners all one word. I've never done this cuz Im pretty sure it deletes all the spawners in town?

Faith_Andhope

Faith_Andhope wrote:

Open cheat box:

* buydebug

buh-bye cockroaches!

Ummmm..... ok, I did the first step and then buydebug, but when I typed in delete spawners, it said "Unknown Command" Delete" so I figured I had to zoom out to map mode to see them and delete them that way, but I do not see spawner boxes that way.

Exactly how do I "delete spawners" after entering buydebug mode? Thanks again.

I figured it out. I had to buy the property with the current family I was playing with; then I could build/buy on the property at which time I could see the spawner boxes when I removed the roof. There were a bunch of them!

I guess I could have done "Edit Town" and accomplished the same thing? It doesn't matter though. The money to buy it wasn't a big deal for this family. And I left one little spawner because I do think the bugs were appropriate for this site! LOL ... And now the townspeople have a place to collect the little *******.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/02/11 02:04 PM

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: