Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What is the best laptop to play the sims 3 on?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
adrimira

I want to invest on a really good laptop just to specifically play the sims but I don't know much about them and I'm concern about asking the retailers at the store to recommend me one but only to get me to buy a really expensive laptop that has nothing to do with playing the sims. Can anyone please recommend a laptop?
Thank you for your time.

Ricky_Bo

Well, the Sims doesn't require a particularly powerful laptop. I have a Lenovo Y560, which is a business laptop. It runs perfectly, and I bought this for about $800.

I'm sorry, its actually a Y460.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/04/11 10:47 PM

LittleV

adrimira

Ricky_Bo wrote:Well, the Sims doesn't require a particularly powerful laptop. I have a Lenovo Y560, which is a business laptop. It runs perfectly, and I bought this for about $800.

I'm sorry, its actually a Y460.

Thanks Ricky_Bo

I was just looking at the gaming laptop sites and I don't understand all that computer talk and I wonder if those are worth investing on.

Skyscraperfan

Dell Inspiron 7500

check out my blog with some sims stuff http://skyblog79.wordpress.com/
LittleV

Please don't listen to Skyscraper, he's a complete twice-banned spammer, void of any helpful information.

Nokuoro

Hello!

I recently bought the best gaming laptop. It's called 'Asus G73'.
It's new i think from 2010. but i mean i am amazed at the performance on this thing. It has firstly a 1.73GHz processor.. but when you go into games and programs that requires more.. it goes to 2.80GHz.. there is also a button hat allows it to go from 2.80GHz to 3.10GHz.
It also has a ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 which is outstanding.
I have all EP's and SP's and it runs extremely fast.. with barely any lag even when graphics are on high settings.

It's a gaming laptop/desktop replacement so it's pretty pricey. It's $1100 here in America.. if you want a Blueray player and 8GB memory in it.. then it would be $1500
adrimira

Thank you I just checked out the other forum and also thank you for the heads up on skyscraper.... (I've heard he/she is a bit infamous in the forums)

savethetigers7121

I have this laptop. Sims isn't my main use for it though, but I tested it out and played well enough. The only downfall about laptops is that not just anybody can add a new video card. You have to let like Geek Squad or some other computer company upgrade it. So I recommend getting a laptop with good integrated graphics (the video card that comes in the rig).

Goldmoldar

savethetigers7121 wrote:I have this laptop. Sims isn't my main use for it though, but I tested it out and played well enough. The only downfall about laptops is that not just anybody can add a new video card. You have to let like Geek Squad or some other computer company upgrade it. So I recommend getting a laptop with good integrated graphics (the video card that comes in the rig).

You mean a discrete video card that has it's own video memory. Intergrated cards are so-so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/13 02:12 PM

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 680 SC 2 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
adrimira

Hey thanks guys!

There are so many to choose from, I'm gonna check them out thoroughly on the web. Thanks again!

lesley418

My sister has a $400 one from Wal-mart I think and it works better than it worked on my old $1200 gaming laptop. (By old, I mean one year old!)
H0RTENSIS

The best laptop to buy would be the one that EA created/tested the Sims on

Low end (and some mid range) laptops tend to come with integrated graphic chips which you should avoid if you want a decent gaming experience and a little longevity in the laptop you choose. You need to make sure that it has a dedicated graphics card that is on the list provided by EA as supported. A laptop that is sold as a gaming machine 'should' include a graphics card rather than an on board chip. Print off the requirements and take it with you when you purchase your laptop and ask for the best specification for your budget making it clear that you want a gaming machine. If you absolutely have to go for integrated graphics chip (because of budget)supported chips should run the Sims, but you are at the lower end of ok, unsupported chips may not run it at all, a decent dedicated card is better.

In addition the better the processor and the more RAM you have the smoother the game play will be. On a 32 bit system you will be looking at 3 gig of RAM usually and on a 64 bit system as much as you can afford.

Perhaps if you selected a couple of machines and then posted on technical help someone would cast their eye over your choice and give their opinion. Computers progress at such an incredible rate that, unless someone bought their machine very recently, you may not be able to find that exact specification anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/04/11 11:49 PM

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/338145.
page#4609642
Sarah3120

I also play the sims on a good laptop (ASUS X5DAB), which was very reasonable (500€, don't know price in $) and the sims with all expansion packs and stuff packs + CC and Mods runs fast on it.

iheartsimsforeve

Did you ever find a good laptop?

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: