Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Won't let me install?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
RawrrRachel

So my laptop won't let me install my Sims 3 disc. I am sure that my computer reaches the requirements to play Sims 3.

I did a systems requirement test here, but it said my CPU wasn't enough.. which it obviously is.

My laptop:
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Registered to:
OWNER
LAP
76487-OEM-0011903-00102

Computer:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
T3200 @ 2.00GHz
997MHz, 2.99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Sims 3:
FOR WINDOWS XP

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

I don't know what's up with it. My laptop allows me to install everything EXCEPT Sims 3. Like yesterday, it let me install the original Sims plus two expansion packs. I've tried numerous times to get Sims 3 onto my computer. Nothing ever pops up to let me install the game, and when I check under "my computer DVD RAM drive" it says nothing is in there. PLEASE help!
Nichaedemus

Hi,

First, ensure that the game disc is not damaged or dirty. Cleaning the disc and the DVD drive internals with a cleaning kit may help. For your specific issue please refer to the following EA Support article:

http://easims.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248

You can also try out the following troubleshooting steps to fix the disc detection issue:

1 - Look at your disc and verify you do not have a faulty or scratched up disc.
2 - Make sure your DVD drive does not have any discs in it.
3 - Quit all programs.
4 - Click on the Start Menu.
5 - Click on Control Panel.
6 - Double-click on the System icon.
7 - Make sure your Control Panel is set to Classic View. If not, click on the Switch to Classic View option.
8 - Click on the Hardware tab.
9 - Click on Open Device Manager.
10 - Click on the '+' sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand its options.
11 - You should see all your DVD/CD ROMS.
12 - Right-click on the DVD ROM you are using to install the game.
13 - Select Uninstall from the list of options.
14 - Reboot your computer immediately.

Give your computer a few minutes to re-detect your DVD drive (this should happen automatically).
Insert the game disc and try to install your game again.

If your issue is still not resolved, verify that the software drivers for the DVD drive are in fact functioning properly and that the DVD drive controller is set to DMA Mode. Another thing to try is to update the DVD drive's firmware from the system manufacturer website. You can also use an external portable DVD drive unit either purchased or borrowed. The Sims 3 disc (and its subsequent expansions) apparently has issues with certain optical drives due to the way it was stamped at manufacturing.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: