Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
World Adventures Issue, please help?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
vmprslr

My sim went to Al Simhara, and for some reason it wouldn't let her talk to any of the locals, like if i went and made her talk to someone, she would go upto the other sim, and then re-appear like a couple feet away and keeps doing it to every sim i have her talk to. and in her relationship panel, it says she has no relationships at all. Then i made her go back to Bridgeport, and all her bridgeport relationships were there and she could talk to people there. Is it just in Al Simhara? or any vacation place? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

-vmprslr

KatAnubis

It sounds like you have some sort of "jump bug". This isn't something I've heard of other people having. Have you made sure that any mods you have are up to date? I have heard of people getting a "jump bug" when they had out of date mods installed.
EMPRESSPAMELA

I just took a sim to egypt for the first time and it kept looping on her arrival, no sim panels would display, and ppl who talked to her showed red all the way across their bars, I don't use and mods or cc, so something is up, I went there with different family and same world yesterday fine.

nvm I fixed it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/11 01:30 AM

KatAnubis

EMPRESSPAMELA wrote:I just took a sim to egypt for the first time and it kept looping on her arrival, no sim panels would display, and ppl who talked to her showed red all the way across their bars, I don't use and mods or cc, so something is up, I went there with different family and same world yesterday fine.

That's a completely different problem unless your Sim was disappearing and then appearing a little ways away too. If no Sims panel is displaying, that's a known bug.
EMPRESSPAMELA

my sim was in a loop, I would try to send her somewhere to do something and she glitched back to base camp every time, along with her other symptoms, I concluded she glitched while I was uploading/downloading while she was out of her home in edit town minimized, I tested another family I knew worked in same town, then went back to her, I had to go to edit town and move her home (to the same spot) trying to reset her and it seems to have worked wonderfully, I don't know if OP has same issue, but hope the info may help as I don't have the known bug causing invisible sims and other symptoms, but it did get glitched and is fixed now so good luck OP

KatAnubis

EMPRESSPAMELA wrote:my sim was in a loop, I would try to send her somewhere to do something and she glitched back to base camp every time, along with her other symptoms, I concluded she glitched while I was uploading/downloading while she was out of her home in edit town minimized, I tested another family I knew worked in same town, then went back to her, I had to go to edit town and move her home (to the same spot) trying to reset her and it seems to have worked wonderfully, I don't know if OP has same issue, but hope the info may help as I don't have the known bug causing invisible sims and other symptoms, but it did get glitched and is fixed now so good luck OP

That's a different problem than a jump bug. With a jump bug (which was a very common problem with TS2) they only jump a short ways, not all the way back to basecamp. That's more of a looping problem and not caused by mods but one of the regular TS3/WA glitches. I'm glad you found a way to fix it.
odiedodi

HELLO I HAVE SO MUCH ROUBLED IN THE WORLD ADVENTURE,FROM THE VERY START,I BEEN TO EACH PLACE,ABOUT 40 SOMTHINGS TIMES(ALL 3 TOGETHER)I HAD THE AXE ABOUT 20 TIMES,I DID ALOT,BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DO,I HAVE PROBLEMS,I THAT WORLD ADVENTURE IS MY FAVORITE,I HAVE EVERY SIMS GAME/EXPASION PACK,I FULLY LOADED,I GOT ALOT OF STORE ITEMS,EVETHING EACH SIMMER TELLS YOU I BEEN THAT DONRE THAT,I HAVE ALL THEPACTHES/UPDATES,,WHY?I HAD ABOUT 20 SOMETHING FAMILIES,I FOUND THAT IN MOST SITUATIONS I HAD TO GET OUT AND DELETE MY SIMS ,its not just twa,its all the games,late night was cool at first than it went downhill crashed,burn and frozzed,i tink ea needs to rethink these games and find the right ptches,are simmers going get tire of it,it very stressful to be stuck in france and your sims not moving,china it starts out good than b4 the 6 days are up you sims are so slow,egpyt,i had the lesser eveil there,but the lady i had to report to was stuck in the bloody floor,blow my whole trip,and yet agaian i must go to france and egpyt to deliver a book and painting,i so scared to go,this is a new family im playing ,please help,who in charge here,ea needs to fixed these games,forget midevil it proboly bug city,that should have been another sim game(like they go to the future the old medevil times and westworld)like that movie,another kind of place for the sime to go.really wouldnt that be alsome,simmer sheryl the biggest simmer playa fan,i play so much i starting seeing sims in my yard,i had to stop 4 a day,but i been playing since sim 1 ,i been playing the sims more than i been doing my life,really,i like horror and bringing vampires was a big plus,help get help for my sims games,sheryl
7Deadly5ins

I have the same glitch as the OP.

Bilmonaghan

I've had this and various other problems with saved games as the saves get older, bigger and more complicated. I think it's the same big basic problem manifesting in different ways.

I think that "jump" happens because the game is resetting the Sims slightly to a position out of the social interaction they were unable to perform. I had that occur, on a trip to Egypt where you couldn't interact with the locals and two of the Sims couldn't interact with each other.

Other times, Sims are unable to "Sleep" in beds (though they could NUsuaap). Sometimes tomb rooms won't light up when you enter them. Sometimes you can enter tombs but all the "Buy" mode objects in them are invisible (they're still there; if you cheat our way in through Edit Town you can see them, and sometimes just going in seems to fix the problem when you return to the game). Sometimes the Sims themselves are invisible, or freeze in place.

Usually the problems strike in vacation destinations but they've followed my Sims home a couple times. Sometimes just saving the game, then going back to the Main Menu and reloading helps. Right now, I'm running kinda glitch-free, but time isn't passing while my Sims are in Egypt (I guess I'll finally send them home when I'm ready to let the kids grow up).

I think what's happening is our older saved games are getting so big that sometimes the game starts running without whole classes of features loading -- social interactions or Buy Mode objects in tombs. Simplifying my lots by trimming down on the Buy Mode objects, Sim-made photos and paintings, relics, plants seems to help for a while. Especially cutting down on Buy Mode objects outside the house seems to help.

When this saved game finally crashes and I have to start a new one, I'll probably try to keep it simpler still by starting the household on one lot and leaving it there (by the time I moved my Sims out of their first house it was a three story mansion with a two story basement and 144 harvestable plants in the garden -- that's a lot of extra info to store for very little return) and not splitting and merging households so much.

VioletDiamond

I've had the exact same problem as the OP and 7DeadlySins, but in China. However I have loaded France (I tried going to China twice and the same thing happened) and that is working fine for me right now. I quitted China without saving on both occasions as it was so messed up.

Both times it actually seemed to start with my sim getting stuck (couldn't click on anything to move) in the Dragons Maw Tomb.

I read Bil's submission with interest - I am playing my second household and second/third generation in the saved game I am playing. I went to China many times with the first household - in fact my Billy Caspian married Sun Young Kim - sister of the original special merchant who has now died - and it is her daughter and granddaughter I am now playing. Not sure how much stuff I could cut down though. Does inventory stuff count? I have a lot of stuff in there from adventuring!
skitleridle

I am also experiencing the same jump bug, and it was on my very first day playing World Adventures. After my sim got stuck in Dragon Maw, all of my sims would "jump" a few meters if I asked them to interact with another sims, preventing the interaction.

Is there a fix for this yet?
MissMagick

I have the same problem... but it's infecting almost all of my families everywhere. That makes me think it's my CC so I'm about to play with it all removed.

The girl that most recently started doing it I was only playing for 10 minutes right after downloading two patches and installing Late Night.

One family (my favorite, nonetheless) has it so bad the adults can't even sleep, interact with each other, or take care of their toddler.
Simmy

I have this problem. In china it won't let my sims sleep. Every time I tell them to sleep they end up standing a few feet away from the bed, when I tried to get them to sleep in a tent they jump back to the campsite. It is only happening in china. It freezes alot aswell. It is that bad I can't play china at all because it freezes or jumps.

I have no CC's and my comp is new so it is obviously a glitch. This is my first expansion pack and won't buy anymore while there are so many glitches with this. Why waste money on a game that doesn't work.
LittlePaws

I'm having problems with traveling. Whenever I try to go to the three locations, it will load them, but when I get there it won't register that my Sim even exists! What do I do? Does anyone know?

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: