Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Invisible sims?!?! HELP!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Ave_08

Every household I visit everyone in the family is invisible but one. I tried resetsim name, but it won't work. Anyone know what to do?

Heathalessyl

Do you believe that it might be a graphics issue?

And a corpse can't laugh.
Ave_08

It's been working fine until today. So I do not think it's that.

simazuki

I also have invisible sims. it was fine the night before i saved and quit. the next day, I could see their green diamonds but no sims, they are moving around and doing things. on the lower left, the boxes are there for their faces but its empty. when i start and pick their house to play, they are dotted lines for their shapes.
crazylilelf8106

I'm guessing the file got corrupted on save. Sorry.
Ave_08

simazuki I am having the exact same problem. did you ever get your sims un-invisible?

Gailwhit4

I have the same problem...ever since I downloaded the patch. I'm assuming it's the patch because everything was fine before that. Also, in that same family, 2 of my sims are stuck standing in their beds with their arms sticking straight out. I can't get them back to normal.

♥ Whitney

My screen name is probably from when I played the Sims 1, so just ignore the Gail.
terri81

Gailwhit4 wrote:I have the same problem...ever since I downloaded the patch. I'm assuming it's the patch because everything was fine before that.

I am having the exact same problem as you! I even posted a question in the general area of the forum, could of been the wrong place as no one has attempted to answer me yet.

I wanted to see if the fastest speed really was faster, and after I pressed that they all were invisible. They don't seem to be carrying on with their activites invisibly though, they just randomly appear somewhere on the lot when I force them to do something, then disappear again if I click on someone else. I really don't want to have to re-install the game as it's my legacy family...
simazuki

No, I haven't figured it out. I lost 2 sim families. Tonight after the patch, I played in Riverview luckily my new family was still there. I went back into the main menu to Sunset and decided to play a family that was aleady there from the game install. They were invisible! I went to other houses, they are all gone. I didn't notice this before because I was trying to get my other sims back. I just went to riverview and only my sims are there, everyone else is invisible. I'm thinking of reinstalling the game.
simazuki

by the way, i emailed the tech support/customer service, and they just referred me to this forum to look it up myself. no help at all.
terri81

I'm going to make time this afternoon to try again, and if I still can't get them to appear and not be all (for a lack of a better word) "buggy" I am going to reinstall.

What's frustrating to me is that my game ran PERFECT before the patch. I didn't have any problems. Yeesh. Live and learn I guess.
ripkjs

I'm having a similar issue. My sim is visible, cleaning service and visitors aren't visible. ResetSim seems to work okay, but once the sim is reset, any activities will bug her out all over again. She just stands there until her vitals run low, then she starts queuing up all the essentials to stay alive, but stands there and does nothing.

Everything was fine the sim-night before, had a visitor over, became pregnant, then things started getting wacky the next morning.

Edit:

Seems she somewhat fixed herself, all actions except bathing seem to work okay. No change to her appearance after becoming pregnant, though she walks like she is, and gets the random negative moodlets that come with being pregnant. Visitors are still invisible, but seem to interact with her just fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/09 06:08 PM

palifany

I'm also having the same problem after the patch was installed. The game was fine last night after the patch was installed. This morning I was playing and the game crashed. After I restarted the game my sim was invisible and the game crashed again.
simazuki

my problem happened before the patch. she also just got pregnant. I saved and left the game, the next day they were all gone but you can see the diamond moving around and you can hear them.

Maybe pregnancy is the issue?

My new sim was got pregnant, but i played until she had the baby. That family never disappeared - but I'll get home today and check.
ripkjs

The father of mine was not part of the same household at the time of pregnancy. I had to remove him (a firefighter) using moveobjects to get him off my lot.

A re-install definitely cleared everything right up. All is fine again with my sim.

I did not update after re-installing and I'm a bit hesitant to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/09 08:06 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: