Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Reset Sim Won't Work  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
knt1229

My sim is stuck in place. She is just standing there and won't move. All actions get cancelled. She is in the red on her needs but she won't budge. I have tried reset sim and all that does is reset her needs bars but she still won't move and won't respond to any actions.

Is there anything else I can try?
LRM09

The only thing i know what to tell u is to quite the game without saving..Its happened to me before..

mcmuffinburger

did you type it in right?

it might be testing cheats but i belive if u right click somehwere else you can teleport them

try typing in testingcheatsenabled true first then type in resetSim (insert sim name here) you have to type it exactly how it is with caps and stuff

Lynds356

You could try going to edit town and evicting her from her house (her whole household if she doesn't live alone). Then move her back into her house and make it the active household again.
kandykute

Hm I have no idea. Maybe Try testingcheatsenabled true
Then Shift Click to teleport your sim?

MadameLee

you don't need testingcheatsenabled true to be "On" are you doing it like this resetSim Jane Doe (you place your sim's name in place of Jane Doe)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/11 02:44 AM

knt1229

I'm doing it right. I use it alot. Plus I have master controller so my cheats are always on.

I will try teleporting her.
katwoman524

So you have Master Controller...I'm assuming you've tried to reset the whole town with it and not just try resetSim? Dumb question, I know.

I hope you find a fix!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/11 03:23 AM

babyleo88

The same thing has happened to mine. My whole family was stuck but I fixed them with the resetSim option. Then my Dad relapsed. when I did the Reset again he was sent outside, but laying down like he was on the bed. I did have the testingcheats on only to make his needs full agin until I could fix it. The other 7 in my household are fine. I cannot teleport him, I cannot even click on him to make his daydream or anything. He doesn't have a job so he isn't needed anywhere to make him move and he seems quite content despite not being able to move. I can't find anyway to fix him.
andie6061

babyleo88 wrote:The same thing has happened to mine. My whole family was stuck but I fixed them with the resetSim option. Then my Dad relapsed. when I did the Reset again he was sent outside, but laying down like he was on the bed. I did have the testingcheats on only to make his needs full agin until I could fix it. The other 7 in my household are fine. I cannot teleport him, I cannot even click on him to make his daydream or anything. He doesn't have a job so he isn't needed anywhere to make him move and he seems quite content despite not being able to move. I can't find anyway to fix him.

Try going into 'edit town' mode.
Evict the family to your clipboard- and then place them right back into their original house (the one you evicted them from). All their items are still there, but you will lose some promised wishes. This should reset him
addictedtosims90

I would suggest quit the game without saving also.

Tu da lu!

Addictedtosims90.

babyleo88

He fixed himself, his energy went down into the red and he just got up and walked off. Very strange but glad it's fixed. But thanks for the help anyways!
hunie

I had that problem, with the (testingcheatsEnabled true) I went to my active sims mother and made her have another sim a clone I would say to replace my old sim so I can maintain my same family status

once sim is born give them the same name and the use cheat to grow them up.

also use the cheats to make sure the mother sim has the same sex sim you are trying to replace. I know its a lot of work but to start from scratch is worst.

Hope this helps
jessrb14

if resetting doesnt work, go to edit town, evict from house (ie. not with household), then move back in to house from clipboard. this worked for me

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: