Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Just a Touch of Star Dust - A Rainbowcy - 3.3 out February 13  XML
Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Shannachka

After lots of talking and no walking (haha) I have FINALLY started my rainbowcy! I am calling it Just a Touch of Star Dust - named after the founder, Star Dust Chatelle.

I am currently using the open beta of Sugar Valley. There are a lot of donated sims. I will also be willing to accept more donated sims. (Whether a mate or a family, it does not matter.)

As of March 24, 2011, Star Dust has moved to a Wordpress blog! There will still be updates here, but in order to read you will be linked to the chapter at the blog. Also, pre-existing chapters will have both blog links and forum links, as they are already here.

Warning about the blog: it is a work in progress. I still need to design it.

Inspirations

berrypie27's Splash of Color
friendliellama's Different
altheaquin's Noir Nights
Skip45's Too Much Color, Too Little Time

EXTRA STUFF

Ask a Chatelle You are able to ask any character in the story a question. I will not divulge important plot points, however.
Family Tree

CHAPTERS

(Beautiful banner made by none other than the amazing berrypie27. <3 ya!)

Generation One: Star Dust Chatelle
Chapter One / Blog
Chapter Two / Blog
Chapter Three / Blog
Chapter Four / Blog
Chapter Five / Blog
Chapter Six / Blog
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Genereation Two: Mischka Rose Chatelle
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Generation Three: Calypso Rain Chatelle:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Specials:
Carisma and Bossanova Honeymoon Special
Spectra's Special

This message was edited 57 times. Last update was at 02/13/12 07:50 AM

Shannachka

Star Dust Chatelle: Chapter One, Arrival

Well, I finally made it to Sugar Valley... After years of waiting, wishing, and dreaming to be here, I'm finally here. It's difficult to see myself fitting in; everyone else is so colorful, just as a Berry should be. I, as you can see, am very gray. My mother told me since before I can remember that I was her "star that fell to the ground." Ha. Stars are colorful, too. It never made sense to me; my mother was as pink as could be and my father was green. You'd think they'd get a bright-Berried child... I guess Berry didn't smile down on me when I was born. My only bright spot was hearing of Sugar Valley and how any colorless curse could be cured.

Well, here I am. And still gray.

I decided to get myself started right away by finding a job. Luckily for me, I found a house right next to the firestation, so I got a job there. Then I looked at some of the buildings around my home: right across the street was the consignment shop, and right next door was the laundromat. Super easy! Getting bored of my area, I made my way to Peppermint Pier. No one was there.

So I danced alone.

Whenever I imagined Peppermint Pier, I saw dozens of people standing about, maybe playing some volleyball or even children building sand castles. Guess it just wasn't a good weekend for the beach. Sighing, I made my way back home about 10, read the paper and a book, then went to bed, waiting for the next day to arrive. Looking back, I wish I had taken more time.

That first week in Sugar Valley was... well, it was tough, to put it lightly.

After quickly eating and getting ready, I was up and out to work. I was excited for the day; I wanted to save some people from a burning building and be hailed a hero! Heh... It's really not that easy.

There was a lot of waiting around. And I mean A LOT. In my spare time, I decided I would get myself fit. That weight machine will be the death of me, I swear! After working out for a bit, I took a shower... Or at least, tried to, because half-way through my shower the alarm went off. EMERGENCY TIME!

So I jumped into my gear and ran to the firetruck.

Putting out the fire was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but at the same time it was so tiring! It took me a couple of hours to put all the flames out, and then I headed home.

I figured I'd get in some good reading time before bed and the next day. Should have just gone to bed, really... Should have done that every night, because I was EXHAUSTED the next morning. My muscles were also sore from working out. What had I gotten myself into?

The next four days were the same exact thing, only with increasing amounts of exhaustion. I could NOT wait for the weekend.

There was an emergency every day. On one call, there was a child stuck in the bathroom while a fire raged in the living room. His mother was screaming outside, calling for someone to save her baby. Got that fire down. With another, the person's TV exploded while I was fighting the flames. Then my last call of the week: a gnome infestation.

With the removal of the gnomes, I was called in to the town hall. They not only promoted me to Firewoman, but I got an award for being in the line of duty and helping people. Feeling great, I decided to go out to eat dinner (I was starving!) to celebrate.

I ate alone. There was one woman there, but she seemed very caught up in her own little world... I didn't want to disturb her. So after dinner, I went home and finally went to sleep after midnight. Staying up late meant I got to sleep in, too. Oh, how I needed that extra sleep...

When I finally woke up, I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Notes:
Woo! That was fun! It was kinda crazy doing this. My game has been acting slowly lately. Probably all the CC I have installed. Haha. Also, I just barely got Ambitions, so it's kinda exciting to me. You guys are probably all like "yeah whatever, Ambitions is so old news right now." Haha. XD

For a moment, I didn't have my story progression turned on, so there wasn't anybody doing anything. Kinda ghost-town-y and spooky, really.

Anyway, let me know what you think! I have some things planned and I'm excited to get going on them! I think I might do a Sim-week at a time - almost like a TV show. Except for my updates will probably be more often than weekly. Haha.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/11 09:35 AM

missharlequin

So cute (:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/11 09:46 AM

Shannachka

Thanks! Curse me and my sleeping in. XD

Oh and, bump. *tries to look innocent*

Shannachka

Bumpety bump.

Pinkydot447

Great start!
Your foundress is so pretty.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/11 08:27 PM

Shannachka

Thank you! I'm rather proud of her myself.

mEgA32306

Location:In my own little fantasy where anything is possible.

What a great start! Loving your founder!
Shannachka

Thank you so much, mEgA! ^^

Shannachka

Bump!

XxSpiceySkittlexX

Love this ^.^
Shannachka

Thank you! I should have the next chapter up within the next 24 hours. Maybe even less, if I feel up to it. (My game isn't playing nice with me right now. I think it's the skins. )

Shannachka

Star Dust Chatelle: Chapter Two, Love at First Sight?

I woke up this morning with a weird feeling in my stomach. Kind of like something important was going to happen today. I was quite anxious and went quickly through my morning routine. Today was Saturday, my weekend, and I was going to do something. I had to. Work had gotten quite a hold on me and I was exhausted, but this was my time.

After I took my bath, I stopped for a second, trying to think of what to do. Then I remembered.

When I went to the laundromat on Wednesday, I came across this woman who called herself Zebra. I guess she saw that I was stressed, because she asked me to dance with her for a bit. After we danced for a minute, she said, "You look exhausted."

"You don't even know the half of it."

"What's going on?"

Thinking I might have found a friend, I started opening up. "I just started my job. It's really crazy and I'm constantly on the go. Sleep has been eluding me, and I just can't seem to be fit enough."

She laughed a bit. "Oh! I've heard of you. You're the new firefighter, aren't you?" I nodded. "Pleased to meet you. Did you just move into town?"

"Yeah... I heard so much about Sugar Valley. I had to see for myself."

"I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, then!" She smiled, then turned to leave. "Oh, I almost forgot. This weekend, one of my friends will be holding a party. I can't go, but maybe you can go in my place. It's kind of exclusive - invitation only - but my invitation might get you in. What do you say?"

"Sure! I would love to." She gave me her invitation and gave me the directions, then left the laundromat.

I should probably go to this party, I thought. So I grabbed the invitation and headed out.

I double-checked the address to make sure it was the right place, paid the cabby, and ran up the driveway. I was super early; I figured I'd come meet the host before the party so I could get to know someone at least. I was kind of hesitant to knock or ring the doorbell, so I stood out front for a moment to gain my composure. Then the door opened and out came the most sexy man I have met in my life.

He introduced himself as Finn. I have to say my heart plummeted into my stomach and I could feel sparks when he took my hand. I believed right then in "love at first sight."

"Hello?" I heard him say. Coming to, I looked straight into his beautiful eyes. I think he was trying to ask me something, but I had zoned out, admiring his hair.

"Oh, sorry. I kind of space sometimes. What was it?"

"Who are you and what brings you here?"

"I'm Star Dust," I said and he grinned. "I got an invitation from someone, I think her name was Zebra, telling me about a party you were going to hold tonight. I'm actually new to Sugar Valley and thought I'd come introduce myself beforehand so I know at least someone."

"Well, welcome to Sugar Valley, Star Dust," he said. The way he said my name made me weak in the knees. "Would you like to come in? I'll have to see about the party thing, though."

"Okay." He led me into his house.

"I just moved into this house," he said. "I grew up here in Sugar Valley, but after I came back from college my parents told me about this house. It used to be my grandparents', and I guess they bequeathed it to me when they died. This party is a house-warming party. I only invited my closest friends..." He eyed me. "To be honest, I kind of only want my best friends here for the party. Sorry."

My heart sunk a bit. "That's okay. Zebra herself wasn't even completely sure I would be welcome at the party."

He bit his lower lip, looking a bit upset. "Hmmm, well, we'll have to talk later, yeah?" I nodded, giving my best smile. "Now, I have to get ready, so I would appreciate if I can do so."

"All right." We shook hands and I left for home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writer's Notes:
Looks like I'm actually going to do two chapters today... This was going to be a long chapter, but I want to kinda draw it out a bit. I never do that. (I haven't written in forever, and I am always straight-forward.) So I split it in two. Chapter three will be coming in a bit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/21/11 02:45 AM

Skip45

I love this! I bookmarked!

Shannachka

Star Dust Chatelle: Chapter Three, Sunday

The next morning, Finn called. "Hey, Star Dust, it's Finn... Do you want to come over in a couple of hours? I feel bad about last night."

"Sure," I said. He wanted me to come over! *Squee!*

"Awesome... I just need to get the place cleaned up. It's kind of a mess. I'll see you in a few, yeah?" And with that he hung up.

In order to pass the time, I started to do dishes... But the sink broke. Great, now I'm gonna be a mess for Finn, I thought as I blocked my face from the squirting water. After repairing the sink, I had to mop up.

Then it was time to go over to Finn's. I changed into my spare outfit and headed over.

I rang the doorbell, but no one answered, so I rang it again. Still no answer. Frowning, I waited for a moment, then heard some voices nearby. I followed the voices to the back of the house. There, talking to Finn and looking very flirty, was a green girl.

"Hey, Finn," I said, trying to keep myself from feeling down. The girl looked at me with daggers in her eyes and then turned back to Finn, batting her eyelashes at him. Of course... He's such a good-looking guy, all the single ladies would be all over him... Plus we just met... She's colorful and I'm not...

He brightened up when he saw me. "Hey Star Dust! Come inside." He said goodbye to the girl and brought me inside.

We sat down on the couch for a moment. Berry, but he was beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. "Look, I'm sorry about that girl... I don't really even know her. I mean, I've seen her a few times but never talked to her. She came up while I was cleaning around the house and started talking to me." He sounded nervous. Why was he so nervous? Then he stood up. "I, uh... I made some Mac and Cheese, if you want some."

"I'm starving," I said, and he led me to the kitchen. We ate our Mac and Cheese in silence, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"You done?" he asked as he stood up.

"Yeah. That was the most delicious Mac and Cheese I've ever had. Thank you." I tilted my head up to look at him and our eyes met.

Oh, Berry... I think I've just fallen in love with Finn Raspberry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writer's Notes:
^^ This is the most that I've ever taken pictures in any game ever. Seriously. I am SO proud of myself.

Also, as you can see, I decided to write varied periods of time... I'm also trying to keep the chapters down in size, as I can see myself making them so long it would take forever to read. I'll update tomorrow.

Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: