Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How to change language w/o re-install the game  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
lovelove0621

Hi there, I'm a Chinese. I know English but Chinese is better.
I just forgot to select "Chinese" as my language when I re-installed Sims 3, so I got English panel now.
Do you guys know how to change game language without (re-)re-install the whole game? I set up the all EPs already...
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/11/11 04:07 PM

lovelove0621

hello?
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Since no one has answered your question I'm going to try and give you a few options as I don't have all the information you need.

Option 1 - I don't recommend if you are not familiar with you're registry!

You might be able to change the language without uninstalling your games. However, it will require you to be an Administrator on your computer/laptop and it will require you to go into regedit and mess with the keys for every game you have installed. That is if you're on a PC running some version of Windows, if you're on a Mac then I have no clue.

There are language keys for all your installed game that probably say [en_US] in the data field. Problem is I have not been able to locate the correct data that is used for your country. I do know in the sims 2 numerical values were used. All of this would be located in the registry under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Since I don't have enough information myself to properly instruct you and I since I'm not sure how comfortable you are messing around in the registry, I would say contact tech support to see if maybe a tier 3 person can assist you. They may have the information you need (which I do not have), to help you change it correctly without uninstalling.

Option 2 - The only other option (as far as I know).
To uninstall / reinstall, and make sure the next time you select the correct language.

I hope I've helped you a bit but sorry that's all I got. I wish you the best of luck and Happy Simming.

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥
crinrict

You could also look into a tool called Any Game Starter over at MTS. That lets you have several configurations and you could have a English and Chinese version

blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

crinrict wrote:You could also look into a tool called Any Game Starter over at MTS. That lets you have several configurations and you could have a English and Chinese version

Didn't know about this one.

crinrict

I could not do what I'm doing (testing games and cc) without this tool. Keeps my own game clean of chunk.

It's number two on my favorite tool list (after Patch Downloader). Custard would be 3

SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi, all.

Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.

-Big Guy-

blunote00

Bump for the OP.

They're not talking about CC. They want to know how to change the language from English to Chinese withou having to uninstall/reinstall all of their games.

sent via mobile phone

EDIT:
I did search EA's help and could not find any instructions or reference how to do this or a list of country data codes for TS3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/11 10:25 PM

Nichaedemus

Hi,

Please note that The Patch Downloader, Custard, and Any Game Starter from the MTS website are third party application programs. As such, they are neither supported nor endorsed by Electronic Arts. For those having technical difficulties with these third party programs, please contact the author of the respective program directly. Use at your own risk.

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: