Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Firefighting - Can't Get in House  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
vhendi

My Sim is on his first "large house fire" mission... and I've put all the fires out that are visible outside the home, and I've broken down the doors to get inside, and I have 3 people I have to save inside the house... but he won't go inside! I can't see or click on the people to save them, I can't see inside the house at all (same as when my Sim is not invited to an NCP home). The only thing I can do is ring the doorbell but, of course, no one answers to let me in.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a glitch? I've already gotten an F for this mission since I wasn't able to complete it.

Thanks in advance!
Chachi122

The same thing happened to me, only with a small apartment fire. It's my first time with a Firefighter sim, first fire, and I have not idea what to do.

The difference for me was, I could see inside the apartment, but the people were downstairs, and I couldn't get in the front door of the apartment.

How do I break through doors? I don't know to be a firefighter

Sorry I have no answers for you. I'm looking for the same ones.
photopursuit

Yeah, for a second, I thought it was me and that I didn't break all of the doors down. Glad that I'm not alone! Seriously, it's frustrating that I can't even access the house. Got a D on my latest "large house fire". Is it because of the latest patch?

Really hope EA'll step up and fix this.
ShayHoyt

I cant get in either! im so frusturated
ShayHoyt

Hey! I figured out how to rescue the people. I zoomed out then saw the orange fire button and i clicked on it and it said put out fire. When I clicked that it let me inside and i could see into the house and helped the people out.
designfreak19

My Sim put out all the fires and broke down all the doors and the box was checked for extinguish all fires. Then there were 2 sims inside the large house fire that I couldn't rescue the only thing it would let me do is ring the doorbell. Who is going to answer the door during a fire lol.. This only happened when I became fire cheif and it was my 2nd Large house fire. I don't know what is going on but, I will have to try zooming out and clicking on the fire circle. I hope this gets fixed soon I was very angry.
Gleeky321

well did you update everything at the firehouse?

jcp_blue

Having the same problem! Tried everything suggested, it's really irritating.
StellaToronto

It's a glitch not getting into house during fire.
Randomly happens in Ambitions careers in higher levels.
Reset trapped sim/s. This will at least get you out of emergency.

jennifehasfriends

This happened to me too! What I did was reset MY sim and then i went to the map and clicked on the house that was on fire as if i were going to visit them and it gave me the option to "Put Out Larga House Fire" again so i clicked on it and i was able to see inside the house Hope this works for you.
oneparallel

This happened to me so often, I stopped having my Sim be a firefighter. What I would do would have them return to the firestation or home but waited a few seconds to cancel the action then send them back to the house that's the emergency. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes it takes a few tries.
saz078

ok this happpened to me , so i reset my sims, he reset back to his house, then had my sims go back to the burning house and click inside the house to get the take something option, and my sims fianlly went in, hope that helps. i deleted the take something from my quench ounce he got inside though.
r0rschach

My Sim bot went to the house and after I put out the fires he could not see in the house. It kept giving me the option to "visit" the house which no one could let me in as everyone is freaking out because their is a fire (actually I had put it out but until everyone's told to run they still think their is a fire) Anyhow I reset the town and lo and behold I can now enter the house and break down doors but the option to save the Sims is not there. So they are running around screaming and acting stupid and I can't complete it because its stuck thinking they need to be rescued. SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!! Is their a way to reset the event to get passed this annoying glitch? Did anyone ever find a sure way to get around this. I even had my Sim bot go to the fire station and then go back and it still will not let me finish the bloody large house fire.
StephBE

Probably is a glitch as it happened to me a few times .

However I didn't want a bad work record and certainly no deaths so I didn't save the game.

A couple of times when I'd given up and he was going home it still showed up as a burning house so I sent him back and then he could get in and save the people Don't know why, so sometimes that may work.

panu

This happened to me as well, and I do the same thing.

When he can't get into the house, I send him home. When he gets down the road, I bring him back, and he can get into the house.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: