Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A feedback email to EA about unresolved glitches and bugs  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
JohanFoppa

Dear EA developers.

Ever since I installed Late Night back when the game got released I have been having nothing but issues and problems. I got World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night and I doubt I will get Generations because of these issues.

The issues range between everything from stuck Sims to corrupt save files and it is driving me insane. I feel saddened over the fact that you didn't put more effort into testing and polishing your games more properly since I have been a fan since I bought TS1 with all it's expansion packs. I have also been a fan of TS2 where I got almost all expansion packs, except for the last 2.

It seems like for some reason my entire game has been haunted since I bought . Haunted by ridiculous problems. In the main game my game ran very slowly, but that was later fixed by patches. When I bought World Adventures and Ambitions my game started to crash because I'm using a 64-bit OS.

This was later fixed. However, some things will most likely never get fixed, such as the excavation sites not working and the fact that vampirism is spreading like a virus in my town. Almost every sim in my town is a vampire now. I also cannot use the staircase in my house. I have no clue why, since I did not make any changes to it. Suddenly it just stopped working.

These problems could all be fixed if you (EA) decided to fix them. I know you are probably busy creating The Sims 3 Unleashed and god knows what else, but I have to say I feel a little saddened that profit by mass-producing games goes in front of fixing issues affecting more or less everyone at some point, and I don't think that reinstalling + deleting your save file should be the only way out of these issues.

I'm running my games that I installed from the EA download manager from another account, even if I got the discs. This only seems to worsen the problems, however. Why this is, I'm not sure about, but my game has never had these many glitches before. Ever.

I also managed to get stuck in Egypt twice. Both times I got stuck because my Sim couldn't go home when his holiday time ended. Using the phone to go home didn't work either. I lost hours of game-play because of this and it frustrates me that issues like these still exist in the game even when World Adventures was released over a year ago.

More and more issues appear in my game the more I play. I have tried to make new save files and even reinstalling the game several times, but the glitches catch up to me eventually.
If you see my attached pictures you will see a picture of a fire truck being stuck in my house, and then we shouldn't even mention all the abandoned/invisible cars in my town doing nothing but eat RAM all day. There is no way to remove these RAM eaters without installing 3rd party modifications, like Awesome Mod which feels strange if you ask me, since I don't believe a game should require 3rd party modifications just to run properly.

My game is also extremely slow sometimes for seemingly no reason, since my computer (GTX 260 with AMD 965. 4 gigs of RAM) is above the specifications needed to run this game.

I also dislike the fact that it appears that you have moved away from the more sandbox like game you could find in TS1 and TS2, and instead aimed for a more RPG/opportunity like game with adventures like tomb raiding which not only gets boring quite quickly, but also can only be done once. On top of that, there isn't much to do in WA other than doing adventures, since you cannot do things like go swim in the ocean or build sandcastles ( I heard you can in Generations, which I haven't got, however).
Generations also seems quite disappointing to me, since after waiting so long there isn't much to do for a sim that likes to play solo, like me. Not having actually played the game means I can't really judge it too much, since I'm sure some parts of it are great. The imaginary friend seems like a really cool life state. It's ruined, however, by the fact that the chance to get once is not 100%. There is from what I know no way of getting one using cheats either. The game also seems haunted by bugs, since some people can't even install the game without running into problems. There also appears to be problems related to relationships resetting. Problems like these should not appear in a game released in 2011. These things should be found during testing. Generations is still a huge improvement when it comes to sandbox play compared to World Adventures though.

I wish you would focus more on fun sandbox-like expansion packs in the future, like Seasons and Pets and Magic, but I also wish you could try to lighten on the deadlines for the games, since the games released with the deadline you got right now are filled with bugs and issues which I have to say I really don't like to see in my games. The fact that SimGurus are slowly turning into a mythological creature on the forum because of the inactivity of most of them. On the WoW forum the Community Masters (their SimGurus) will respond to bug threads and confirm that it's being worked on and explains how to fix the issues. The SimGurus do neither of these, and to this day most of the issues in this game lies unsolved. There is from what I know no actual way of fixing my car issues other than download a 3rd party mod.

I hope you focus more on fixing issues in the future, and that future patches will fix more than 2 issues (like Patch 19 did) and will instead fix hundreds of issues, making this once again my favorite game franchise, just like TS1 and TS2 were when I played them when I was younger. But right now, I can't say that TS3 is much fun for me, because it's just not worth playing for hours upon hours just to have my save file corrupt my an issue not found during testing.

Thanks for reading my letter, thanks again if you respond. Good bye!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/11 09:02 PM

JohanFoppa

This is the answer I got. I almost can't believe it...

Andrew here contacting you from Electronic Arts.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far.

I have gone through the e-mail and found that you are facing problem while running the game "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" in two windows at a same time. I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident.

It might be possible that your system's configuration is not compatible to run the game in dual mode. However, in order to assist you with the audio loop issue we will need information called dxdiag.exe.

To do this:

For XP
· Go to Start -> Run.
· In the box, type the following: dxdiag
· Click "OK"

For Vista
· Right-click the menu bar and select Properties.
· Click the Start Menu tab.
· Click the Customize button.
· In the upper window, scroll down until you see Run command.
· Click this check box and click OK.
· Click Start.
· Click Run.
· Type dxdiag in the text field, and click OK.
· This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic tool, which will give you a comprehensive report of the hardware in your computer.

Now Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
· Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
· Find the file on your desktop and double click on it.
. Click once anywhere inside the file.
. Then press Ctrl + A. (everything should be higlighted now)
. Then press Ctrl + C.
. In your response to us click once anywhere inside the email.
. Then press Ctrl + V. (The information should now be pasted in your email response.)

For Windows 7
• Go to Start Menu
• In the “Search programs and files” box, type “dxdiag” and press enter.
• Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
• Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
• Find the file "DxDiag" on your desktop and double click on it.
• Once you have saved the file, click on the “Attach File” link and send the file to us.

Also, please make sure that you have the latest drivers (sound and video) updated on your system. If not, then please click on the below-mentioned link to update the same:-

Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25

Also, Please accomplish the following before launching the game:

1. Empty your Temp folder to prevent file conflicts. Click here for steps on emptying your Temp folder:

Http://help.eastore.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44

2. Please end all background tasks to prevent conflicts with other programs. Click here for steps on ending background tasks:

http://help.eastore.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/885

3. .Clear browser cache
http://help.eastore.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1273

4. Try lowering the Hardware Sound Acceleration setting on your computer to "basic". To do this, follow these steps:

· Click the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your Desktop.
· Click on "Run".
· Erase any text already in the run prompt.
· Type in: dxdiag
· Click the OK button.
· Select the sound tab at the top of the tool.
· Set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Slider to "Basic".
· Click "Exit" in the bottom right hand corner.

We will look forward for your reply.

Thanks and regards,

EA Rep Andrew
Electronic Arts

Are they really this bad at answering a freaking email?

redbarbiez

EA's a bunch of bellends if you ask me. oh yeah they bring out good games, but as for helping people like you, or anybody they just simply dont care. Shame that Maxis isnt still doing sims. love EA's games. I hate the people that work there.
crinrict

Sound like the have some computer looking for keywords in emails and let that answer.

Good one.

Demenshia

I have gone through the e-mail and found that you are facing problem while running the game "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" in two windows at a same time. I am sorry to hear that you came across such an incident.

LOL They really emailed that for a complaint with the Sims 3 franchise? That truly is sad

julienrob2004

I once asked them for help by the help section on these forums

8 weeks later i gave up and told them to F Off after being swapped between 8 representatives and each one asking what my problem was due to them being too lazy to read through the earlier correspondance

When i tried explaining that somehow their EADM had gained information from my computer it had no right to get they told me they could not understand what the problem was and that reinstalling the sims completely would help me play the game once more

Muppets

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
ladynaava

julienrob2004 wrote:When i tried explaining that somehow their EADM had gained information from my computer it had no right to get they told me they could not understand what the problem was and that reinstalling the sims completely would help me play the game once more

Muppets

Weird. What info was it getting?

EA seems to simply ignore problems. I'm still waiting for a fix to the WA adventure board issue.
JohanFoppa

Update:
He asked for my DxDiag
I linked it to him
He said he couldn't open it because he hasn't got the right tools (??)
I attached it and sent it to him
He says there is no support for Windows 7 or 64-bit (?!?!)

This is the response I got:

Greetings,

Thank you again for contacting Tier 2 Customer Support.

Unfortunately the game is not tested on Windows 7 or 64 bit environment. There is a work around that you can try but still there is no guarantee about it. You can try to run the game as administrator, to run the game as administrator:

1. Right-click on the shortcut icon of the game on your desktop.
2. Choose the option "Run as Administrator".
3. Choose to allow the game.

If the game still not runs properly, Please try to play it in Compatibility mode. Please visit the following link for the steps to play the game in compatibility mode:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.htm
l

I truly appreciate your understanding regarding the issue.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

EA Rep Andrew
Tier 2 Customer Support

Gonna go try running it in compatibility mode and see if I get less lag. 10 sec

I gave up on their support, the only thing they tell me when I ask them something is that Windows 7 is not supported. I spoke to a guy yesterday and he told me to change so that TS3 only uses 2 cores of my AMD 965. Didn't help either, so whatever.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/12/11 10:44 AM

TMAE

lol
Wow. Is the customer support really that bad?
If its a complaint about the sims why are they talking about Need for speed?
That's typical. The best games have the WORST customer support

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/07/11 07:58 PM

Iceweaver

JohanFoppa wrote:He says there is no support for Windows 7 or 64-bit (?!?!)

Maybe he still thinks you're talking about Need for Speed?

Seriously though, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read his response to your mail. How on earth could he pick up anything at all about Need for Speed from The Sims??? It's absolutely mind-blowing!!
Jarsie9

I got something similar from Zynga over an issue I had while trying to log in to an account on one of their forums.

But, yes, what else can you expect from a Customer Service rep who is probably headquartered somewhere in India?

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
julieexann

That's... really bad.
I can't believe that their customer service is really THAT bad. They have one of the largest simulator game series, and they have customer service that can't even get the game right? That's just sad.

I LOVE the Sims, don't get me wrong, but EA seriously needs to work on their customer service. It would solve a lot of the issues players have with them.

JohanFoppa

julieexann wrote:That's... really bad.
I can't believe that their customer service is really THAT bad. They have one of the largest simulator game series, and they have customer service that can't even get the game right? That's just sad.

I LOVE the Sims, don't get me wrong, but EA seriously needs to work on their customer service. It would solve a lot of the issues players have with them.
Well honestly I'm about to give up Sims 3 completely. Sims 1/2 were fun and all, but I just feel that the difference between the games are not big enough. I can play a game for ages without getting bored, but I just feel that being able to visit neighbours or having Mummies/Simbots/Imaginary Friends doesn't up-weigh the fact that the game stutters for no reason at all. You would think my GTX 260 and AMD 965 would be able to run the game perfectly, but no. Random stutter, car overspawning, NPCs that just stand around in their homes all day. They never ever progress in their works and they never ever get skills (of course, exceptions happen. But really, after playing 200+ days most people still only managed to get 1-2 promotions).

Oh well, at least I got TS2 for Gamecube. That game got multiplayer too...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/12/11 10:53 AM

Anyagoldie

Iv sent a VERY angry email to EA about error code 16 and 12...
I got a response in 3 hours (quite good i must admit), They were really friendly and helpfull to me and since i did what they've said i havn't had many glitches in my game but i heard that EA is the worst problem sorters around (blizzard id say r the best at sorting things out)
JohanFoppa

Anyagoldie wrote:Iv sent a VERY angry email to EA about error code 16 and 12...
I got a response in 3 hours (quite good i must admit), They were really friendly and helpfull to me and since i did what they've said i havn't had many glitches in my game but i heard that EA is the worst problem sorters around (blizzard id say r the best at sorting things out)
If you got an issue in WoW they respond in an hour or so. A long waiting time in WoW is considered 1 day. 2 days of waiting time is generally considered unacceptable.

So yeah, Blizzard got amazing support

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: