Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Imaginary friends?  XML
Forum Index » Generations
KHS12

Ok these little guys are my favorite part of generations. But o have some questions.. Can you only have 1 imaginary friend per household? My sim had 3 kids and only 1 got an imaginary friend. Also, does each imaginary friend look different or is there only 1 type for a boy and 1 type for a girl? And is there anyway to use a cheat to spawn one for each child?

spitfire130313

I have two toddlers in my family and they both received dolls so yes, more than one child can have an imaginary friend. I don't know any cheats, however so far my dolls have looked different then one another. In my other post my imaginary friend was transformed into a Sim and he had green hair and eyes while another person stated their friend had purple hair and I forget the eye colour.
KayO199X

It's possible to have multiple imaginary friends in one household. I managed to get 2 in my first playthrough. I'm pretty sure that not all kids will recive the doll when they are born, so there is a little luck involved. You also need to make sure a toddler plays with the doll long enough. If they do not, the doll will not turn into an imaginary friend when they grow up.

As for gender, all imaginary friends look the same reguardless of their gender. Gender only effects the friends voice (after the friend has become a teen) and what gender they are if you transform them into a real sim.

Preteens for TS3!!!
Alisox

As has been said, you can have more than one per household, but it's random whether your sim gets one or not.

From what I can tell, there isn't a way to get an imaginary friend if you aren't given one. The doll is not in Buydebug, so you can't get one there.

Sporeina

ive heard you can order through the mail, im not sure though as my game has not arrived yet
missznisha

how do you make them become a real sim?
Lizziemay12

missznisha wrote:how do you make them become a real sim?

I want to know this to!! All the kids born in the game have received the doll as of yet, but not one has grown up. Is this because they haven't grown up to be a teenager yet (and the doll becomes a teenager when the teenager grows up) or can it be done when the sim is a kid?

For those of you who have had their sim get a walking-talking doll, then can you please answer this question? Many thanks and pleases!
Akamiaru

You make imaginary friends into real sims by using a Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion you get from the chemistry station. Which color/pattern you get on the doll is pretty much random. In order to get it into a child-sized doll you just have to play with it a lot as a toddler and when you're a child it will transform at some point.
haileystevens

yes all imaginary friends look different, i have a white black and pink one, a orange one, a blue one, and i dont remember my first one, i have 5 kids the first did not get one all the others did, you have to get a chemistry lab to make the potion for them to be real, must have level 8 or 9 in logic and have made the other potions before it. and if you dont play with it as a toddler it wont grow, but if they play with it they should age a couple seconds after your sim, you can creat the potion as a child and give it to the friend and it will be real!
lozzz11

My baby/toddler didn't come with an imaginary friend in her inventory.. is this a glitch/issue or am I meant to get it from somewhere else?
haileystevens

my first kid didnt get one, but every kid after did, when they are born they get a message shortly after saying a distant relative heard the news and sent them a special toy. so i guess its selective
Maneskinsmoyane

lozzz11 wrote:My baby/toddler didn't come with an imaginary friend in her inventory.. is this a glitch/issue or am I meant to get it from somewhere else?

They come in the mail, so you might have just not noticed it or something. Check your mail box to make sure.
Sphire_Ziemia

So the big question with those who have multiple IF, do they interact with one another?

lmlena

I don't think the IF's interact with one another. I had multiple ones, and they only interacted with their particular sim. Also, you don't HAVE to use the chemistry station. Your sim can also get an opportunity to make your IF real. You have to bring a rainbow gem to the Science facility and pay 4500 simoleans and you'll get the potion. That's how my child sim turned her imaginary friend real and eventually married him. Unfortunately he's rebellious and flirty and flirts with anything that moves.
Maneskinsmoyane

Sphire_Ziemia wrote:So the big question with those who have multiple IF, do they interact with one another?

IF's are specific to a certain Sim. Only that Sim can see their IF, so if you're controlling someone else, you won't be able to see that child's IF. If you click back onto the child, the IF appears again.

Forum Index » Generations
Go to: