Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Just wondering how Prom works EXACTLY  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
SoEasyBeinIzzy

So my twins are only babies now, but I really don't want the "popular" (that's what she's gonna be, and the other one will be shy but somewhat "famous" lol) to be turned down or something. So, what is a good way to get your sim to be prom queen? And if anyone has pics, please post!!

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY FOR PETS! IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/444781.
page
nicolebrittanyy

If your sims have a lot of friends, they'll win prom king or queen. If they're going to prom with a crush, they might experience their first kiss or become a couple. If a couple goes to prom - it may backfire and they break up! (I'm still waiting for that one to happen )

Oh! And a limo picks you up just before!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/02/11 06:52 PM

saveoursouls2008

It's a rabbit hole nothing to really post. I think you just need some friends or something, I sent my sim in there with his date and he had two friends and he got prom king. Every sim I've made them go to prom have won queen/king. I think you just automatically get it or something.

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."
SoEasyBeinIzzy

Wow. Seems fun. Lol. I really love the stroller idea, so I'm trying not to rush. Because before it really sucked to have to hold the babies everywhere.

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY FOR PETS! IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/444781.
page
krystinaa

what day does prom happen? Is it like one of the last days before they become a young adult?
Jennni101

My teenage son missed prom! because ever since i downloaded Generations my outfits take longer to wear if i havn't worn them yet.

Which im sure will soon be fixed.

But once he got to prom everyone was leaving, his date was really mad.. lol they broke up.

11/2/09 <3
Jennni101

krystinaa wrote:what day does prom happen? Is it like one of the last days before they become a young adult?

Its kinda random it's usually on a friday and my teenage sim it was his 2nd day at highschool and message poped up saying prom was on friday

11/2/09 <3
Sgizzle09

krystinaa wrote:what day does prom happen? Is it like one of the last days before they become a young adult?

For me, it happened 4 days before my sim aged up (on a Wednesday at 6pm)

~*S.GIZZLE.09*~
SimoneeyBoom

My sim became a young adult before she could go to prom. Can she still go?
greenbird534

It's awful.

My sim gets picked up in a limo and disappears in the school for hours while I get frequent updates on what he's doing inside. the game tells my guy sim that "SHE is having a lot of fun doing this" and "she just experienced this" and "she just randomly gained a new girlfriend" Then he walks out with me never seeing what happened except for some random screenshot placed in your inventory.
DarkAmaranth1966

So far only two of mine have even gotten a prom before aging up and that was the twins. Yep they put on formal wear, or in the case of my insane teen, a swimsuit, get in the limo, disappear for about 3 hours, come home with a picture and moodlets for getting soaked and fighting and, a new romantic interest.

So I could care less if they get prom or not.

Faith12368

My girl just had prom last night and it went awesome. I believe you get prom king or queen by how popular or well known you are. My girl did not have alot of friends at school but everyone knew her and she became prom queen. She even got a little crown to put on the table as a decoration. She went with her special friend and he asked her to go steady. There is a picture of the two of them, I set on the coffee table,if I can figure out how to upload it to the uploader I will show it, it was so cute.

The only problem I had is when the limo came, it left as soon as she was next to it without her. So she took her car instead.
--Faith

"Oh shiny! Has the Sims name! Can't wait to play!! The Sims 4!!" - sums up my feelings perfectly!
Faith12368

Mine told me on Thursday or Friday, and the prom was on a Monday night.

--Faith

"Oh shiny! Has the Sims name! Can't wait to play!! The Sims 4!!" - sums up my feelings perfectly!
Louis_The_XIII

Teens will now have the opportunity to attend a formal dance known as Prom. About 3-4 days before their High School years are over, they will receive a notification letting them know that a formal dance is coming up. When your Teen receives this invite, they can decide to ask another teen to go as a date, or just go stag. Your Sim may also be asked to go on a date to Prom by someone else. Either way, your Sim will have a great time!

On the day of the big event, a beautiful Limousine will come to pick up your Sim and his/her date. If your Teen has asked someone to go with them as a date, their date will arrive at the house, a few minutes before pick-up time. The teens will then be driven in style to their neighborhood school.

Once your Teen arrives to their school, they will immediately enter the school. During this time your Sims will interact with their date and other students. You will periodically see small pop up notifications, letting you know what is going on inside. These range from how cool the photo backdrop looked to someone asking them to go steady! Depending on your teen and if they have a date, will depend on what happens inside Prom.

Prom bring along some great benefits. Your teen may become Prom King or Prom Queen! Everyone in school will be amazed and envious of your teen of course. Not all Teens make it, so if your teen does, you should be very happy.

Every Teen will have their photo taken, whether it be stag, or with their date. (and yes it’s really them in the photos!) You will find the photo and the Prom Crown in their inventory, which you can then take out to display. Your teens will received great moodlets for a great Prom night.

source: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=1877
Buffyspiker

Not necessarily. It depends on how long of a life span you have them on. If it's quite short, then yes, it would be not long before your sim ages up since you get a notification for prom a few days before the event occurs anyway.

Currently I have my sims on maxed out life spans. So my teenage sim go the opportunity to got to 2 proms. (The first, I got notification within a day or 2 of my sim becoming a teen.)
She even got notification for a third prom, but it was happening on the Friday and she was aging up on Thursday. Had she not had her birthday, she would have gone to 3 proms.

Like everyone else has said, it's just a rabbithole. But you get notifications of what's happening. Chances are one of your sims will become prom queen. Though if you have more than one sim from your household attending, you can't really make it be the sim you want to be. If one is more popular than the other, the likelihood that they will win may increase, but it's not a given.

I like to send my sims stag, without any romantic involvements to their first prom. Or atleast wait and see if anybody calls to ask them first. Quite often some sort of romantic interaction occurs. I thought my current sim might end up hooking up with her childhood BFF, or at least one of her other close friends, but instead a sim she had just met at school earlier that day ending up declaring he liked her and they became involved.

So I love prom as a way to sway my stories. But if you have someone specific in mind for your sim, it would be better to ask them. Even if they're not romantically involved already, there are good odds the date will ask your sim to go steady at prom.

At least the above has been some of my prom experiences. I'm sure there are a lot of different prom experiences out there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/29/11 02:46 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: