Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unable to download new content from store  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Kebachet

I purchased one of the recently released tops, Deirdre Explorer's Jacket. So far, after three attempts, I'm still not able to download it. It's consistently giving me an error message. It asks me to see the Log for details, but I'm not sure where that's located.

If it's of any help, I'm running the launcher on Windows.

mrswoo5

Having the same problem, have you installed new patch i have'nt i think it may have something to do with that!
Reachsims

Try to download your content again tomorrow. The store is having a zillion problems today and many of us cannot download any purchases.

The log you would be looking for is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log and it is found here:

Documents > Electronics > The Sims 3 > Sims3LauncherLogFile.log.

The latest log report will be at the bottom of the list. The error I am getting most frequuently today is Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.

Let us examine ourselves. Maybe we walk too fast and some precious things are left on the road. ~ In memory of Yueyue, 21.10.2011
Kebachet

mrswoo5 wrote:Having the same problem, have you installed new patch i have'nt i think it may have something to do with that!

Nope, I haven't installed the latest patch. As of the moment, my launcher still says that I'm completely up to date when it comes to patching.

Reachsims wrote:Try to download your content again tomorrow. The store is having a zillion problems today and many of us cannot download any purchases.

The log you would be looking for is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log and it is found here:

The latest log report will be at the bottom of the list. The error I am getting most frequently today is Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.

Thank you very much for the response, and the information. I'll have a look and see what it says in the log, though I doubt I would be able to make sense of it. I'm fairly computer illiterate.

Still, I'm a little glad to know I'm not the only one having the problem. I hope it gets fixed by tomorrow.

mrswoo5

Reachsims wrote:Try to download your content again tomorrow. The store is having a zillion problems today and many of us cannot download any purchases.

The latest log report will be at the bottom of the list. The error I am getting most frequuently today is Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.

Yes thanks it says download failure.
Reachsims

Here's the patch that you need, released yesterday:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

That should do the trick but don't forget to delete your cache files before running the game.

Let us examine ourselves. Maybe we walk too fast and some precious things are left on the road. ~ In memory of Yueyue, 21.10.2011
Kebachet

Reachsims wrote:Here's the patch that you need, released yesterday:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

That should do the trick but don't forget to delete your cache files before running the game.

I've seen that link a few times now and I still seem to be blind to what everyone else is seeing. Could you point out the link to download, please?

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought there was a direct link on this page, not just a note saying to download it from the launcher. For the past two days, my launcher has kept telling me I'm up to date as far as patching. If it's up any help at all, the launcher says I'm running version 6.2.4.010017

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/03/11 01:44 PM

LeGardePourpre

No patch yet for 6.2.4.

The current game update is only for PC base game only (1.22) and all Mac base game/EP/SP (1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0).

You must wait for the update or buy Generations.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/03/11 02:27 PM

LeGardePourpre

Well, I was wrong, the patch 1.22 can be applied even if you got EP/SP.

It will fix TS3 Store download problems.

Please download the patch there :
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/03/11 03:00 PM

Kebachet

LeGardePourpre wrote:Well, I was wrong, the patch 1.22 can be applied even if you got EP/SP.

It will fix TS3 Store download problems.

Please download the patch there :
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page

Would that mean that it can be applied to my game? So far, after downloading it, all it's done is crash my computer.

sims3lovex1x

When I try to download the update it closes the laucher .... please help !!!
JuanaCubana

Did anyone ever get this resolved? I'm having that problem now. I have all the expansion packs through Generations, and most stuff packs--except Fast Lane. The latest version on my launcher reads: 8.0.152.020001 I have been trying to download my recent purchases, but I keep coming up with the same error:

2013/05/28|19:39:26|OFB-SIM3:65357|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||

I'm not computer savvy, so if anyone can help, please keep in mind when explaining how I can fix this problem. Thanking anyone who comes to my rescue in advance!
DarkAmaranth1966

Then your game is not up to date. If the launcher does not offer a patch the manual patch can be found here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: