Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Apple/Watermelon trick isn't working anymore!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
KayO199X

As you already know, you can have a pregnant sim eat apples to increase changes of having a boy, and eat watermelon for a girl.

However, ever sence i installed Generations, this hasn't been working. My Sims have had nothing but daughters, even though i have been using the apple trick 3 times. I tried reloading evert time, but my sims still will not have a son.

I really want my sims to have a son, so i can experience Generations from a boy's point of view.

Has anyone else been having this problem, and if so, do you know a way to fix it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/05/11 08:30 PM

Preteens for TS3!!!
Hellz_Angel

Location:Wonderland Weather: Snowy with a chance of more snow

The cheat has been ineffective since AMB really. I dont know anyway to work around it, but i believe if you download MC (master controller) you can choose the gender.

"I know who I want to take me home"
KayO199X

Hellz_Angel wrote:The cheat has been ineffective since AMB really.

I never knew that. It's hard to belive that i haven't tried using the apple/watermelon trick sence then, but i really haven't.

I hope my sims have a son soon.

Preteens for TS3!!!
StarMcLight2

On my sims first child I had her eat three apples and got a boy. I tried for another boy and had her eat another set of three apples but she had a girl. After that I kept having her eat apples and she had 4 more boys. It's sporatic but it doesn't work as great as it use to

djacquelynstew

Yeah, did the same with the apples (I wouldn't have cared which sex, but i pre-id the nursery and tried to make it neutral but it actually would have made a really cute room for a boy) Ate 3 apples in a row, even sent the mom to the hospital for medical advice.

she ended up having twins (kind of makes sense because the sime father is a twin) and they were girls...oh well, maybe the ultrasound machine at the hospital wasn't working that day. lol

but seriously, I guess it really is kinda of random...my daughter did the 3 watermelons and her sim family got the little girl.
fieriee

That trick never worked for me.

This should work (it's been updated for Generations).

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=932.0

I don't know if I'm supposed to post that here or not, but I just did.
MadameLee

trying eating with 5 apples/watermelons not the old 3 apples.

KHS12

If you want a boy, I wouldn't suggest getting the fertility treatment reward because that seems to pop out twin girls consistently. I always eat 3 apples once the mom starts showing, and then 3 more right before birth(I scale when shell have it). And vice versatile for the watermelon. It still works for me.

LRM09

It always has and still works for me, i make them eat 5 to 6 of fruit..

sparkles

I used that trick on my sim family and its working, although I make her eat 6+ apples or watermelons in a row, she gets the stuffed moodlet but each time Ive gotten the results.
jujee55

I use the apple/ watermelon cheat and it workd for me but I use 6 instead of the 3. I had twins boy/girl I asked a doctor at the park to tell me what I was having, he said a boy so I ate watermelon and had 1 of each. This was a first for me in sims 3 usually I get all the same sex.
It surprized me that the doctor told me, we had just met.
Pamhamlet

I don't use that trick much, as I prefer to be surprised, but when I do use it, it still works for me. But try eating 5-6 fruits instead of just 3. Or eat 3 fruits per day, during each day of the pregnancy---it may increase your odds.
Dizzle

I sure hope it still works. I've just gotten my Sim knocked up and I want her to have a girl. Everytime I have EVER had kids in the sims (2 or 3) it has always been a boy.

"Go on the Sookie Stackhouse Narrow Avoidance of Death Diet! Run for your life, and miss meals, too! Exercise plus starvation."
Sgt_Lolcakes

I have had 3 kids in generations so far had every gender I wanted. I have only been eating one fruit for what gender I wanted.
elizsch

I was told by EA that you can influence the sex of your child by eating lime for boys and watermelon for girls but it also depends on the town you are playing-it works on a balance scale-so if your town has more girls then your sims should have boys until the number is even again. The Sims 3 Official guide I believe also says to eat a lime for boy and watermelon for girl. Hope this helps!

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: