Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Travel has been canceled to unexpected circumstances"  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Hazmatt101

Whenever I try to travel, my sim pays the money, gets into his car, and gets out immediately afterwards and I get a message that says "Due to unexpected circumstances, travel had to be canceled. You will receive a full refund of $1,600." Then it gives me my money back. I've tried traveling on different days with the same result. Thankfully it gives me my money back, but I'm still annoyed because I want my sim to go to Egypt.

Please Help!
10andRose

I was having this problem too. I would have sim A try to travel, I' d get the message and he would come right back. So, I tried it with another sim in the household and sim A was grayed out on the list of sims he could take with him. When I put my mouse over him, it said he was currently enrolled in boarding school. The problem is he isn't in school at all, he's a young adult. I had had a glitch with boarding school and he came home early on his own and never was able to go back or be unenrolled. If you don't have Generations, that obviously can't be the problem for you. Try traveling with another sim in the household (move someone else in temporarily if you don't have one) and see if the problem sim is grayed out and why. It might be something you can fix.
Hazmatt101

Yeah, I have Generations. I'll try what you suggested and try to travel with another sim.
FlamingoKicker1

with all the problems people are having with WA you may be safer taking the advice and staying put and not traveling.
clubers

This doesn't really sound like a glitch, considering the game is making up a message.

What moodlets does your sim have and what objects are in their inventory (there is a similar story with Late Night where if you have the Vampire Bite moodlet then you will be kicked off the plane due to the flight attendant freaking out and calling medical people or something, so I think maybe Generations has another item that also makes sims kicked off of planes, or maybe it is just making realistic stories for your sims!)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/18/11 12:00 AM

Mastered the ZOMBIE. Mod/CC-free game. I'm a starkid.
Hazmatt101

I don't have any outstanding moodlets besides the "Divine Meal" moodlet that I got from eating ambrosia. I did, however, buy that lifetime reward that gives you extra travel days, that might be it.
flipkieken

Well I got the same problem, the only thing that I can think of is that it might have to do with the fact that my Sim character constantly has the feeling he's been hunted down by a vampire. :s

haven't tried with another sim yet, but the glitch with the boarding school is a pain. The sim came home for the wedding of his sister (while he was not even invited) and never returned to the boarding school.

Real ******
starlena9

this is happening to me too! first i tried to take my sim couple on vacation, then i got the "unexpected circumstances" crap. so i tried to just take one sim and it did the same thing. my sims aren't vampires and don't have any weird motives.. i haven't tried moving someone else in to see what the problem is, though. so i guess i'll try that before i completely freak out.
headooplyr

SAME HERE. It started happening once I went through the whole boarding school fiasco. The family was travelling fine before then it wigged out after that...
dragonstorm16

I had that with twins, when I tried to send them to boarding school when they were twins only one went the other was said to be in boarding school but stayed home so I just "homeschooled" her and got her skills up. Then when young adult hood arrived her sister returned from boarding school and showed a diploma while my other housebound twin did not have one.

When I tried to send them to France they couldn't go because she was still considered "enrolled" in private school. I used cheat moveObjects on and deleted her. then her twin called and had her return from boarding school and now all is fine.
rickyrobij

dragonstorm16 wrote:
When I tried to send them to France they couldn't go because she was still considered "enrolled" in private school. I used cheat moveObjects on and deleted her. then her twin called and had her return from boarding school and now all is fine.

Oh, perfect! That worked for me. I had a single mom that got the message saying the adults won a free vacation, but she didn't go. She works nights and was sleeping during the time of the message. I tried a number of things including evicting them from edit town mode, but the only thing that worked was using the cheat moveObjects on to delete her. Now it finally shows she is on the free vacation.

Yay! Thanks a bunch dragonstorm16 for this answer.
maggiekatie7780

I keep trying to send 3 sims to the university and it keeps saying due to unexpected circumstances, none of them have been to boarding school and its really annoying because I want to get them degrees. Can anyone tell me why it says I cannot send them?
maggiekatie7780

I HAVE FIGURE IT OUT!
So I lied and found out one of my sims did go to boarding school so I only sent the other two and it allowed me to send them to the University.
TarynTerrific

10andRose wrote:I was having this problem too. I would have sim A try to travel, I' d get the message and he would come right back. So, I tried it with another sim in the household and sim A was grayed out on the list of sims he could take with him. When I put my mouse over him, it said he was currently enrolled in boarding school. The problem is he isn't in school at all, he's a young adult. I had had a glitch with boarding school and he came home early on his own and never was able to go back or be unenrolled. If you don't have Generations, that obviously can't be the problem for you. Try traveling with another sim in the household (move someone else in temporarily if you don't have one) and see if the problem sim is grayed out and why. It might be something you can fix.
I'm having that same problem! Ugh! So frustrating!
spotamus

I split my family up. Moved some to a different location then went into edit town mode and remerged them. Poof worked great after.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: