Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sim won't stay in bed  XML
Forum Index » Mac Discussions
shorn1985

I have a pregnant sim that won't stay in bed! She'll nap on the couch but won't sleep in the bed... I'll make her do the action and then a few seconds later she and her partner "pop" out (like there's some sort of an error and it has to reset). It all started after she started showing. But (this is where it gets really interesting) she can't directly interact with the other sims in the household, daughter and husband. Also, when the husband interacts with her he gets reset; this doesn't happen when the daughter interacts with her, though.

I tried the ResetSim cheat, quitting the game with and without saving and restarting it, deleting the bed and buying a new one, and restarting my computer... nothing has remedied the problem. Has anyone had this problem with OLS? It's the Amazon download version for Mac. Someone please help me out.
colleenq

My problems started after loading Generations. Sims won't stay in bed and won't stay at work. Family Sims face menus go all green and cannot be played. Frustrated!
tesillom

I had these same issues before the patch/update/Generations even came out. I had no idea what caused it, but I just got so frustrated that I deleted that town and just started fresh with a new one. I know that's not an ideal solution, but it worked for me. It must be something with that specific family/house/Sims like a corrupt file or something.
shorn1985

tesillom wrote:I had these same issues before the patch/update/Generations even came out. I had no idea what caused it, but I just got so frustrated that I deleted that town and just started fresh with a new one. I know that's not an ideal solution, but it worked for me. It must be something with that specific family/house/Sims like a corrupt file or something.

Same here. I ended up deleted the household, too. I just didn't have the patience...
alalla1311

i guess i thought that was just a phase for the sims... i had one male sim that did that all the time.. he had 2 kids and one of the two kids was the same way.. thank god that ended in the family tree...but who knows i guess it was a glitch! haha

Check out the houses I upload! I also design on request so send me a message!
sweetlittlecherry

alalla1311 wrote:i guess i thought that was just a phase for the sims... i had one male sim that did that all the time.. he had 2 kids and one of the two kids was the same way.. thank god that ended in the family tree...but who knows i guess it was a glitch! haha

This made me LOL so much. An inherited glitch!!! XD! A warning to us all not to let any glitchy sims have kids in case they pass the glitch on!
bionicsquid

I have the same issue, my household sims are unable to interact with other sims. The only thing that changed is that I bought and installed theSims3 Ambitions. I have sent several different families from separate town files on vacations but when my main sims family(the first family I created) returned from their first vacation all the glitchiness started happening. Tired sims pop out of bed on the other side of the wall sometimes and get upset trying to go to bed over and over again. I tried moving to another house but the issues haven't been resolved
$#@^%^Simlish curses
Steph1017

I'm having this problem too after the last update. It's happened in my legacy family and I don't want to start over! I can't get the last generation to make a baby with his wife. Ugh! So ugh!
sillytwoshoes

I'm having the same problem. This is my first time encountering it.

My game was kind of glitchy before I downloaded the most recent update, so I'm not sure if it's a result of the update, or something that went wrong before. I just had a toddler turn into a child, and now she's disappeared. Literally, I watched her fade into the background, and now her little menu square is blank.

The mother keeps popping out of bed every time I try to get her to sleep. She also can't interact with other Sims. I've tried resetSim, but it hasn't made a difference. I've also gone to the main menu and come back. I'm about to try restarting completely, but I'm guessing that hasn't been successful? There has to be some reason for this.
shadowsowner888

I just experienced this for the first time about half an hour ago. I run the game off of the disc for World Adventures; that and the base game are the only discs I have for it. And I use a Mac. This was happening to three of my Sims, but none of them were pregnant or anything. XD I tried restarting my game numerous times and selling and moving the beds of the affected sims, but that didn't work; the glitch seems to be related to individual Sims in my case, because the five other sims in the household were unaffected, and even when the affected sims tried to sleep in other beds, they would still poof out after a few seconds. I tried changing the hairstyle of one of my sims to see if that would change anything - lol, I'm not sure why I thought that would work, but well, it didn't. I also switched to a different household in this game and then back, but the problem was still occurring. I really didn't want to have to start a new game, so I tried saving a copy of my household (including the house) to the library and then placing the whole thing on a new lot. So now my Sims have no promised wishes except for their lifetime wishes, no relationships except for those with other family members, and their opportunities are gone, but I guess it was worth it because now my Sims are sleeping in their beds like normal. I really wish I knew what was causing this, but I'm happy with this fix, at least. xD It's better than giving up on the household altogether. (I'm so attached to this one, haha.)
charda101

Oh H3LL NO! I just paid $40 for that stupid late night expansion pack and now it seems like im looking up solutions to problems more then playing the game. my sims wont stay at work. pop out of bed. It keeps freezing. And so on! Its totally not funny and somebody needs to fix this. Im starting to want my money back!
shadowsowner888

charda101 wrote:Oh H3LL NO! I just paid $40 for that stupid late night expansion pack and now it seems like im looking up solutions to problems more then playing the game. my sims wont stay at work. pop out of bed. It keeps freezing. And so on! Its totally not funny and somebody needs to fix this. Im starting to want my money back!

It's not the fault of the expansion pack, though. XD I had this problem too, yet I don't even have Late Night. And I was able to fix it by saving a copy of my household to the library in Edit Town and then placing them on a new lot - maybe this will fix the problem for you as well?
Alyberry11

I'm having this problem too- Ever since my sim mother has gotten pregnant (and maybe it has to do with the newest update?) all of my sims will not stay in bed and keep popping out. I'm going to try them in a new town as it's worked for other people. Let me know if this will be solved with a patch or other solution.
OhMyBreeZy

I too/am having this problem with multiple households ( one household being and man and his wife and son, the other household the mans two sisters) my resolve was to save a copy of the household and move the copy in to a new lot. It seems to be working for now but I really wish we could have a patch or something to fix this glitch. Anyways thanks for the good advice about copying and re moving in
itsmartellyx3

Try deleting the game caches. This happened to me too but after I deleted them it stopped. No need to delete households

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/11 04:19 PM

Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: