Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Owning a buisness  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
TeamMM3

I am the owner of two restaurants but I don't know how to hire Sims to work there. There is an option to fire Sims but I can't hire them. Can someone help?
PSFinishLine

You can't hire sims you can only fire them.
Gem43662

You can own your own business?
iamRed

Gem43662 wrote:You can own your own business?

i'm assuming that's the share in ownership (or something like that) option when you pick on a community building. am i right? the one where you have to cough up 7000 simoleons?

blahblah_9

actually after u become partners u can then buy the whole business if you have the money that is. but it's really the same as being partners except u get more money a week
StarMcLight2

Gem43662 wrote:You can own your own business?

Yes you have to have a certain amount of money in order to start the process of owning a building.

Most are around 7000, when you have enough you will have an option to become partners. Once you raise more then you can buy the place and you'll have the option to fire people.

To the OP you cannot hire people, only fire.

My Sim bought the diner and she renamed it after her family, it cost 7000 to become partner then 50000 to buy them out. It's pricy but it's all yours if you have the funds.

Gem43662

I had no idea that you could do that. Thanks. Think I could do with buying the book to help me out!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/09 08:08 PM

Original182

Q1. Is it worth it owning a business?

Q2. If yes, once the weekly income pays off your initial inventment, you don't never have to work?

Q3. If you can fire, but can't hire, won't you have 0 employees in the end?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/20/09 08:13 PM

jennyfromtherez

If you have enough money you can buy out all your partners and become the only owner of the business.

See, if you have enough money you can buy in as a partner in businesses in town just by visiting that business. It gives you the option to do it. I did it with the bookstore, then later with the hospital. Then every once in a while you go into your inventory and there are deeds or whatever to your part ownership and you get the option to go collect your money. I don't know how fast it accumulates. I've only been doing it when I remember, but each time it's been a pretty large amount. Only thing is it isn't instant. You have to go to the business and go inside and it takes time out of your day. I was going to collect my money one day and it was only a grand, so I decided to put it off for a while since I'm not broke or anything.

*I haven't bought out my partners, but I think I might. I've been so successful with this and becoming a renowned writer and artist (illustrious author) Sorry had to brag that I quit my job at the hospital where I'd worked my way all the way up to trauma surgeon and then some kind of researcher. But that is one demanding career. Awesome pay but it didn't leave me any time to do my art and writing cuz I was always tired, overworked, getting called in during my sleep time. blah. Now my sim is a single stay at home mommy who gets to write, paint, collect money from her investments, and go meet people at the park before she goes stir-crazy. That would be my ideal real life! Only I'd have to be very disciplined to not waste my days playing sims and posting on the forum!!

NO matter what anybody says,
I'm still Jenny from the Rez
shay480

I make $13,000 off one and $15,000 off another every week. I think these two are the science institute and the stadium. I own most of the others as well, but they don't bring in more than $1,000 - $6,000 each. Doo-Peas Towers is also a good one to own, and the hospital. I think those two are the ones than bring in $6,000 each.

My sim still works because she's a mad scientist and insane, and I like the look on her. Also, she seems to enjoy it quite a lot.

I've never fired anyone or even renamed the businesses. I just let them be and collect the cash.

My scientist is married to a rock star, they have three teens with part-time jobs, and they have another person living with them because I killed her in her first week in a testingcheats accident and it took me forever to make it up to her by getting the skills and materials for Ambrosia. She's a doctor now.

The family have more money than they will ever need, so we move a lot just for kicks. Each new home gets at least one pond and a garden full of perfect plants, including money trees, so that future generations will have an easier time of it than this one has. We still harvest each garden and fish from the ponds (death fish any time you need it, right across the street), and add to the family fortune by selling it all.

Buying the businesses has definitely paid off in this case.

KREX

shay480 wrote:
Each new home gets at least one pond and a garden full of perfect plants, including money trees, so that future generations will have an easier time of it than this one has. We still harvest each garden and fish from the ponds (death fish any time you need it, right across the street), and add to the family fortune by selling it all.

Hey there! How do you plant perfect plants and money trees? Also when and why would you need death fish? I'm still trying to figure some of these things out! Thanks!
Queenie69

Original182 wrote:Q1. Is it worth it owning a business?

Q2. If yes, once the weekly income pays off your initial inventment, you don't never have to work?

Q1 - yes. I own all the businesses in the Valley.

Q2 - Each Monday, you can collect your money. Currently, (I'm at the top of my career and lots of pay rises) I can earn approx 28k in a working week. From the shares in the businesses, I get a return of approx 45k.

Q3 - In theory, that would sound right. However, despite the option to "Fire Sim" for the Lab, it is not active - which suggests that there are no employee's (weird!). But, I still get a handsome weekly return of 15k from that business.

I think, maybe the option to "hire" may come available in a future EP? That is just my opinion though.

Tip:
One forum member posted that when she moved lots, the share certificates didn't move with her (she was gutted, naturally!). Here's what I did, to be on the safe side:-

On Monday, I collected all the share returns from all 10 businesses.
Monday night, I clicked on the share certificates in my backpack and chose the option "Sell" (you do not have to spend time visiting each business for this to take effect). You sell for less that you have invested to because first a partner and then an owner. But, remember, you now have the money from the sale + your weekly return.
Then, I move to my new location.
Tuesday: buy the most expensive businesses back first.

One week later, you have enough in share returns to complete the purchase of all 10 businesses again

HTH
Original182

Very nice feature. Looks like I can be a slacker, muahahahaa.

Queenie69

Original182 wrote:Very nice feature. Looks like I can be a slacker, muahahahaa.

Coffefreak4Life

Original182 wrote:Q1. Is it worth it owning a business?

1) Yes but it takes a while to get a return on your investment (around 11 weeks for the lab )

2) well you dont HAVE to but but i dont see a reason not to work either

3)depends on if you fire them in the first place . i would also assume that the game would replace them at some point

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: