Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Recipes disappearing???  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
LimaLuv

Any 1 else having a problem with the Baked Angel Food Cake & Ambrosia recipe disappearing? I read both books which are quite expensive I may add, and they were there right I after read it. Now a few days have past & I am unable to make either because it is no longer listed when I click on fridge for Baked Angel or the stove for Ambrosia. The recipe has also disappeared from my cooking skills library. I repurchased the book (EXPENSIVE... had 2 add that again lol), and it still does not come back. Any idea on how I can get them back so that I can cook them?
Stumbleduck

I'm getting the same problem, only with all the recipes, even the ones my sims learns how to make through leveling up. The only thing she can make is waffles and pancakes, then peanut butter and jelly, she's level 10 and knows all the recipes. The weirdest thing though, is that her husband, who also learned all the recipes has only forgotten a couple of them but can make most of them =/

Hello Sweetie
Yahtzami

For Ambrosia, you must have the ingredients in your inventory to make it. It isn't like other recipes where you can just pay to make them. Also, are you looking under "Serve ..." or "Have..." when you click the fridge/stove for Ambrosia? You can only make an individual serving of that so it is under "Have".

Don't know about the Angel Food Cake...I always forget to have my sims make desert so even tho they learn it, they rarely make it.

chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Also I'm pretty sure that Ambrosia can only be made for breakfast. Maybe for brunch too, but I'm not sure.

LimaLuv

Yea, it doesn't matter if I click on serve or have, they still don't appear. Besides, I can't even see them in my cooking skills library anymore. It's like I never learned the recipe. I have tried to reset sims to see if that would work, and also quit then restarted. Still can't seem to get those two back. All my other recipes that I bought & read are there. I'm just missing those 2.
lovingreds

I swear to Be-jay-us, that the magic word of this month is "disappear".

Books, buildings, rubber ducks, furniture, pictures, cameras..... and most worryingly Sims.
LimaLuv

lovingreds wrote:I swear to Be-jay-us, that the magic word of this month is "disappear".

Books, buildings, rubber ducks, furniture, pictures, cameras..... and most worryingly Sims.

YES!!!!! And now we can add Recipes!
bela4

My sims cooking recipes vanished too. He is level 10 and suddenly cant make most of the leveling up recipes.

Is there some way to reset his skill?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/17/11 05:24 PM

ValoraTCas

I have a similar problem. When my sim learned to cook, he only got level 0 recipes. Nothing for level 1 or 2, he was at level 3 by then. He could learn cookies and other recipes by reading them, but he didn't get the ones he should gotten by improving his cooking skill.
ily2babe

I am not having this problem, but Ambrosia can be made anytime of day. You must have all the ingredients though. A death fish and a life fruit. With Baked Angel Food Cake you also must have all the ingredients. I believe it's a flame fruit and angel fish? I'm not positive but I know you need the flame fruit.
If you don't have the ingredients the option won't show up.
bela4

I am pretty sure he COULD make the recipes at one point but suddenly they were no longer available. They are not listed in his recipe list, its not a matter of not having the ingredients. The recipes are GONE.

I am currently experimenting trying to get his recipes back. I made his wife a natural cook by using the change options in lifetime rewards. Now I am working up HER skill and will try using the share cooking secrets interaction once she has a few levels.

On that note I will add that, although I wanted to see pets since day one, I am VERY upset that they are working on a stuff pack and major expansion while the people who already invested time and money are left up to their eyeballs in bugs with no patch in sight.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/18/11 03:51 AM

bela4

Ok. I was able to get some of his recipes back by using the share secrets interaction under special/natural cook. Great. Cooked some lobster thermidore again. A couple game days later the recipe vanished from his known recipes list again before they even finished the leftovers.... Also gone are some of the book recipes. Going to restart the char and see what happens.
bela4

restarted the char, did the cooking skill. recipes started vanishing again. This is a huge let down, as, by the time you get the skill built up, you are most likely well into a household and poof, your recipes are gone and you cant get them back. I will try one last time, with a different character but this is getting depressing.
blondiva

Hey all, I too have lost my ambrosia recipe I even went and bought the book again to see if she could relearn it but it just says "reread ambrosia" therefore the progress bar does not appear above her head and the recipe does not come back. I'm gutted because my sim ages up in 4 days so I don't even have enough time to move another sim in so that they can max their cooking skill and cook her some. Come on EA sort these bugs out!
DarkAmaranth1966

thank NRAAS for master controller. I can put those things back with a click. It is bad when you have to have third party mods just to work around EA goofs though. Same goes of vampire fangs.

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: