Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

I don't have Generations yet, but I installed the latest updates. My game version reads 7.3.2.011037.

I've been downloading the rewards for sharing memories, but when I tried to download the last one I unlocked I get this error and now I can't download anything off of my purchase history page.

I don't have any mods or 3rd party content.

Does anyone know where this Log is that has more details?

EDIT: Does anyone actually know what's going on here? Or have a fix for not being able to download from the store?

EDIT2: Well, my items finally downloaded, but it seems other people are still having trouble with downloading from the store.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/15/11 06:27 AM

Arachne

I think it's the Sims3LauncherLogFile.log.

I just got the same message as you when I tried to download my Generations registration rewards. The message in the LauncherLogFile is "2011/06/11|02:49:49|OFB-SIM3:35966|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||"

I'm guessing this is a problem on the Store's end.
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

Ah. Thanks. I don't see what would be so hard about them making the error message read: "Our servers are down. Please try your download again later."

Why cause me further confusion about what's going on?

chococat9

So it seems now that the only items I can't download are the hot tub achievement gift and the new ford focus. Has anyone else been able to download these?

Simtastic27

It's good to know that it is not just happening to me. I can't download anything from my purchase history except an outfit reward for sharing memories. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Tenri

I'm only getting an error message when trying to download the registration rewards. Glad to see it isn't only me, though.

Dblue055

Thanks everyone I thought I was the only one getting this error. I tried to down load a memories reward and got the same message,but I did get to load a gift I received. So I am guessing it's the memories that is messed up. I just checked on my memories and it's not even on my page anymore.

chococat9

I've been able to download some of the memory gifts, but not all. Hopefully, It's just something going on that they'll fix soon.

Mistress_hydro

i hope they fix it soon. i was worried about the same problem. i only got the leotard and i cant even get the new ford 2012 pack.
chococat9

I wish EA was better about communicating with us. I also play World of Warcraft and they actually use their forums to communicate with the players. They post any known issues or bugs and make constant updates. It's also a lot easier to contact customer support. Any time I've tried with EA I'd get some moron that had no information at all.

I just think if they would take The Sims and add that level of customer service...well, then they could probably take over the world.

simgirl542

I got the same message last night when I tried to download the new Ford Focus Neon Lights Set.

Are you a simmer and a Twilight fan? Come join my Facebook group
DBDragoner

I can't download the memory rewards, the generation registration reward, or the ford package. I was able to download memory rewards yesterday. The store has to be down. Why don't they say that. Hope they fix it soon.
LilyNadine

... Hmm... I tried to download Barnacle Bay earlier and couldn't. I was able to download the Focus without a problem (but that was yesterday.)

vanGrunsven

I can't download Barnacle bay and the Generations gift :S
Kittybabez

I can't download anything!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: