Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
*** my sim got hit by a meteor!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
r3drox

Okay so I just got generations and I've played it for maybe three hours. The dad in my perfect family was innocently gardening when all of a sudden he gets hit by a meteor or something. Has this happened to anyone else before? I was shocked! I really like that sim.
PenguinPerson

My favorite boy sim was playing for tips in the park and got hit by one I WAS LIKE OMG!!!

OH NO I THINK IM IN LOVE.......WITH THE SIMS!!!!<3
solar_midnite

Yep. The first (and only) time it happened to me, my fave simmie at the time was at Little Corsican Bistro, playing his guitar for some tips when all of a sudden it zoomed in on him (I thought a sim on the lot had died). Next thing I know, dark shadow, BOOM. Bye-bye Simmie. :'(
Zolt65

Yup, meteor strikes do occur. Tragic really when a loved sim gets squashed like a bug.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
elijahhines10

The meteors came with Ambitions
Generations just hightened the chance of them
I never had one, but want one SO bad

roflmaoxsarah

Does it just randomly fall down? During the day?

CDowler76

That happened to me today! My sim had just reached her Invent ambition and then bam!
sags

wow lol didnt know that could happen on ambitions? can you make it happen or is it auto?
Springfairy556

I got my sim out of the way in time, He was fighting a fire when it happened, I moved him in time though lol.But then I sent him to put out the fire from the strike.

annalouise

My Sim organised a party once and his guests were arriving outside a public venue, where it was held. My Sim, his fiancée and a four or five of his best friends were standing out the back talking. Than a dark shadow formed over my Sim, his fiancée and his friends.

I'd never had a meteor and I didn't know you could get them but I realised what was happening just before it hit and moved my Sim out of the way just before it hit so he only got scorched but it killed his fiancée and two of his best friends.

Conclue

This happened to me as well the other day. They were at the Bistro in twinbrook eating outside when suddenly it said "it was getting darK" and I knew what was happening but I wanted it to happen just to experience what would happen, lol. I didn't move my Sims and took a chance. The meteor must have hit the actual "Bistro" building because it didn't show up at all. A sim hour later all the tables were destroyed and the place is a mess and all the Sims were scorched. I don't believe any Sims died.

The weird thing is that the bistro area is still destroyed? Doesn't the game fix this? I mean I've been playing that hood for days still and it's still a mess? I really don't know how to fix it. Glitch #467?
Davis36

I've had more than 10 meteors hit one family

( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(")

This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination. SUPPORT THE BUNNY!
MunchiesSims3

Wow! I have never had sims die from being hit by a meteor, but I've had meteors hit the lot 3 times. They don't come shooting in as quickly as you had described. Sims would run towards the scene from all over and look up. Then after some time, the meteor would strike. I don't have Generations, though, so maybe things have changed?

Conclue

Well I could see if you happened to be focused on a particular sim that this could easily happen if the sim about to be hit is at the park doing their thing will your focused on another out fishing by the ocean, then I could see how it could happen so quickly in perspective.

I happened to be zoomed in on both the Sims of the active household so I knew what was happening as it happened. I thought it took a while for it to finally crash, but I think because my two sims were sitting on the side of the bistro in twinbrook the meteor hit the actual rabit hole and slowed up everything. My sims were still eating while other Sims began to show signs of being schorched. Only later did all the tables crumble.
ChandraLeah

That happened to my sim and her daughter in the same day! The first meteor hit the mother, and the second one hit her daughter... Luckily they both had death flowers in their inventory.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: