Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Crystalline Cove - Finally back on the exchange!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

thank you every one

@C_Leilani .. Lothlorien was my first world and i didn't know much stuff on world creating. I did learn a lot while creating it , but i didn't pay much attention to routing and chunck boundaries when it comes to trees. It was way beyond my capabilities at the time, so yes even though tested thourougly it still has lag, due to it's size and possibly due to a few routing issues, that probably are worse for those with pets. And the amount of LN shells is not helping it either. And between you and me, I don't even bother playing it myself lol

ETA: There are 9 community lots filled with trees, marked as "not visitors allowed" and noted as "placeholders" for that sole reason . I wanted to leave room for future EPs for easy editing/updating for me and downloaders. So i don't mind at all that you edited it. In fact , since it's your game, you can do whatever you want with it even tear it completely down and rebuild everything from scratch. I'm perfectly fine with that as long as you don't mess with it in CAW and reupload it

DD there is a consignement store already , i don't remember the exact adress but it's next to the gym if i recall correctly. It also has the TLS crocery store on the same lot.

The lot tags dissapearing is a ST issue. I had this happen to SS as well but i have no idea what usually triggers it. Taking a sim to a lot while in town view and zooming in and out on the sim fixed it for me.
Also you can check crinrict's bug thread in the ST forum (it's stickied)and see if she has any updates on that issue.
It's def not a world issue , as many people are experiencing and as far as i know ( at least till the last time i checked) it's completely random.

Came back yesterday afternoon, i'll have the info on updating posted later today.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/01/12 09:36 AM

DOLLDRMS1

Gem, Thanks for letting me know where consignment store is. There isn't a map tag for it since it is combined with that other lot.

I've also solved the community lot placement problem. Gads, I didn't snap to the fact that you had placed trees on them as deco and had to enter build mode to remove them. After that I could easily place ST venues. Sorry, operator error here.

I knew you did not want to use Binder Clips in your updated CC and have an alternate suggestion that will work. I bulldozed the backlot and placed the KP Big Show Venue there. You could use the Hoi Polloi in the bin and accomplish the same thing for those who opted not to get the KP edition.

I had a small backlot venue that I downloaded from MTS eons ago that is cc free. It is on a 40X40 lot so I placed it at 1 Rosebud.

I changed 3 Coral Cape from a residential lot to a community lot and put Mick's Karaoke venue on it. I put the Port-A-Party at 10 Geranium and the Performance Park at 2 Mandrake. I put the Flying V coffeehouse at 5 Jessamine.

You may have better placements in mind, Gem. This is just what I've done with the existing CC world.

Pics below are of 1) KP Big Show Venue; 2) New Backlot placement; 3) Mick's at 3 Coral Cape, palm trees removed; and 4) Performance Park with small bathroom bldg., child's toys and 2 golf tees placed.

BTW, I'm trying to test to be sure the venues work okay in the world but can't get anyone to send a sim for me to host. If anyone reading is one of my friends and sees a request, if it is convenient for you, please send a sim.

xBanan

Hey Gem :)
I have one quick question: Are you going to update Crystalline Cove with Showtime?
I apologize if this question already has been asked.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/01/12 09:23 PM

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

Thank you DD I'm planning on building the venues my self from scratch, but if it doesn't work as planned, especially with the big show venue (that's the one i'm most worried about) I will simply add the LE one from the bin where you placed it, edit the exterior a bit to match the world and build a new backlot in one of the 40x40 lots, or the 50x50 up the east hill.. I think the 40x40 would be a better idea, as i would really want to keep that 50x50 available for something we might get later on and might not fit anywhere else. ( EA has a weird habit lately with humongus lots)
In fact i really like your big show venue placement there and the idea of moving the backlot somewhere else, so i might go for it anyway without messing with big show venue building without a shell..
I'll just need to skim through the WE thread to note down that cheat
I'm glad that so far the world is easily editable without my intervention
Could you do me a favor and test this version you have edited until i update?
If you are having issues with finding someone to send you sims, try SimsVIP_admin and Ceres_Meiriona, they are always happy to help their friends with simport. Ceres has her page hidden but i can ask her to add you if you want and tell her that i need her to help you with testing simporting with bin placed lots, if she has time. Just let me know and I'll send her a message.
I will test the lots briefly once i build them and before placing them in the world in CAW, to see if they actulally work, so once i'm done with building i will also be able to simport with you wile testing them. Then I'll add them to the world file and save file so we'll be able to test the updated files both ways.

xBanan , yes i'm planning on updating this week. I still have some tech questions from the gurus, but they are quite quiet lately in twitter , but i'm trying to gather as much info as possible, as there is currently , as far as i know, no tutorial on succesfully building venues. estyle might make one but he is still on the trial and error phase too.
I'll start building tomorrow, but since we are having some great chores around the house for easter holidays, plus renovating the appartment (currently waiting for phone call for balcony door changing), it might be slower than i expected.
By the way DD did you try bouldozing the trees off the placeholder lots? Or does it bouldose the lot entirely? I'm not sure how lots filled only with trees are handled by the game.

What i'm planning is to open a new game in CC, build the venues and update some lots with ST objects and test them briefly to make sure that they at least work as intented. Then i'm going to update all the appropriate lots in the save file AND the world file and upload both updated files on mediafire for more thorough testing.
I would please suggest to anyone who is willing to test the updated version to have at least twallans MC, MC cheats and overwatch.
I want overwatch to eliminate any game generated bugs, and MC with cheats module to speed up performer lvling up or down to make sure the venues work fine for all lvls for both local and ported sims.
but more details on that when the files are ready for testing.

xBanan

That's fantastic, Gem! I can't wait for the Showtime version :)

I have another little question. How do you enable editing of the areas around an apartment? (still on the same lot as the apartment) Such areas as the pool on the Belladonna Apartment lot in Crystalline Cove? Do you need a code or something?
geminiagre

you need two cheats.

Fisrt you need to use: TestingCheatsEnabled true
and then:
RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings false

dont't forget to turn them off once you are done by changing "true" with "false" and "false" with "true" , accordingly

xBanan

geminiagre wrote:you need two cheats.

Fisrt you need to use: TestingCheatsEnabled true
and then:
RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings false

dont't forget to turn them off once you are done by changing "true" with "false" and "false" with "true" , accordingly

Thank you so much :)
geminiagre

no prob

DOLLDRMS1

Wow, if you could line someone up who will really send sims, I sure would appreciate it, Gem. I didn't see much simport activity today at all. I have close to 70 friends, which isn't a lot, but nobody responded to a request I sent out to host and someone kept declining, which causes the request to cancel for everyone. I don't think a lot of people are aware that happens, leastwise not yet. Likewise, I didn't have any requests to host from anybody today show up in simport.

It is my intention to test as I've set it up now. I've noticed in the version of GFH I've been testing that the venue stage props have disappeared from Performance Park. I looked in Crinrict's thread in the ST forum and see someone else reported that happening as well. I'm now curious whether or not to expect it in all user created worlds that I have.

I like the location I used for the Big Show venue, too. I think putting in a smaller backlot is a good idea. I also think if you can do it on a 40X40 that reserving the 50X50 is a good idea.

As for those trees, if you bulldoze the whole lot is lost and it wouldn't let me put a lot back in the same place. Must enter build mode and delete them by hand, then all is well. You might want to put a blurb in the first post to let people know. I doubt that I'm the only one who think there is a problem. I'm just glad I figured out what was going on.

You might want to also mention there isn't a lot tag for the consignment store because anyone else new to the world as I am might also think the lot was not placed since there isn't a map tag for it.

Oh, you might not need the cheat enablelotlocking true. The binned ST lots aren't locked to editing. Well, the Mick's Karaoke has to have the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off used. They put a skip level marker in it, so it acts like an apt. bldg., LOL.
geminiagre

Ok i'll send a message to Ceres and let you know if she will add you.
Note that she is using simport daily and for quite sometime , so i'm warning you that you might see a lot of her simport activity on your page.

I've noticed that with the props dissapearing on park venues in SS as well. So it's not only custom worlds. No idea what's causing it.

I'll add that info about the placeholder lots and the consinement store on the first post. I don't remember the lot tag for it not appearing though as i had the lot set as consignement store. I'll need to check that.

Thank you for mentioning the cheat. I'm not planning, for now at least , to eddit the SS venues, exept the big show venue. I will try building my own first and if it doesn't work out I'll end up editing the SS ones. thank you so much for the update and help

ETA: Ceres does not seem to be online currently but I'll let her know as soon as i see her

ETA2: she is not sending sims on tour anymore , she deleted all her performers. She did mention though that the game runs a lot smoother now that she stopped exporting sims through simport. That's intresting ..
Anyway I'll tweet to SimsVIp and see if she can help. Also you can try Crinrict but i think she is only using simport for testing and she is doen with touring too.
maybe tangie could help too , if she is willing to. Else we'll have to wait untill i'm done building and start testing the lots.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/02/12 01:24 AM

Writin_Reg

Hmmm, Just should add I added the actual copies of the Starlight Shores Venues to MVII and have had no problem with any of them. I have only had two shows though - one was at the coffeeshop stage and the other was in the Big Venue - I believe the one shown in DD's picture, and both went fine. But I have been playing the other - non-show biz types sims in town to get them settled and established - although I make sure what ever sims i am playing attend the simfests - so far these Venues have been in this world at least 10 days and nothing they came with vanished. I do know if you put your own stuff on those stages they vanish - as you can only technically do up the stages for a live show - it tells you to make a copy if you want to save it for using again - but when the show is over the stage will go back to what it was originally.

I think because of this kind of programming there is problem happening with user created Venues. I know one girl stated her Venue she created was killing the sims she tried importing for others - she was all sorts of upset as apparently the sim gets stuck after a couple shows. She had a thread over in the showtime forum about a week ago, and was quite upset. Others claimed the same thing was happening in their towns too. But I do know copying the SS ones to the library and then placing them in the world is working for me anyway - so I am not fiddling with them at all except when there is a show I add the stage lights, one of those party machines and a couple stage props when it is time just to give the performer a higher score. The park one I placed on it's own spot and added two small 20 x 20 lots on each side to add additional fun so as not to change the lot at all and so far so good.

But good luck with what ever you try. Sooner or later someone will figure out a solution.

ETA - Just also wanted to give you a heads up on a suspicion about Overwatch and MC as well as error trap also - they may be creating some of the problem. I can't explain it because it relates to the beta testing and they made it perfectly clear I am not allowed to discuss it - but I can't just not say something.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/02/12 03:44 AM

geminiagre

the only issues i had with MC and OW have been fixed since Twllan updated the mods. At least the ones i know for sure were caused by the mods.
I never had issues with sims performing.
The only issue i do have rather often is sim fests reseting them selfs, and if they don't there is a high chance that the game might crash on me later on usually on the same sim day.
I haven't tested this without my mods, so i can't say for sure. I did notice however that this is most likely to happen when there are random sims on the stage, prior the simfest starts, and it's more common for venues that use the smaller stages that sims and pets have easier access on. I've even seen stuck horses at the coffeeshop stage.
Other than that i do not have any serious issues besides minor bugs, and occasional staggering in SS and most of them seem to be connected with simport. The more i simport in a save file the less stable it becomes.
I have downloaded the most recent updates of the mods so i'll see how that goes.
I've never used error trap before , so no idea how that will work out. If i see weird issues i did not have prior error trap, it's the first thing that i'll take out and try again.
I really want to try and creating my own venues though. I'll just stick with the LE big show venue, but i'll give it a shot with the rest.

The default placed props on my SS game in the Verde park have dissapered after a while. Not immidiately but after a few sim weeks they did. No idea what is going on with this.

Thank you so much for your input. I really appriciate it and keep in mind your suggestions.

By the way , I wanted to tell you that when i was messing with Lunar lakes trying to fit everything (prior installing ST) i had to add a few lots including 60x60 for the equestrian center and a 40x40 for the back lot. the 60x60m one was not placed near the road, but the 40x40 one was and it snapped nicely into place with the first try. After this i did not notice any lag or issues with LL, and i was wandering maybe just maybe they have finally fixed the in game world editor tool in one of the recent patches?I think i was on 1.29 or 1.31 at that point.

Writin_Reg

It seems it works okay if you stay under just a few lots - but when I was setting up Mesa Valley - I used a few more than it seemed to like and had to restart all over. It seems when it gets in there just deleting the lot does not fix the problem it creates. But I was able to add I believe it was 8 lots before it went bonkers. I'd have to count to make sure. But it took me 3 tries before I had the extra lots I wanted in there. I also wanted 30 x 30, but it seems to mess up less if you stay with the smaller sizes like 25 x 25 and 20 x 20. I think some of the tweaks they made to the game makes it work better, but it is not totally fixed.

By the way I have all the patches. I check twallans once every week for updates - so i have the newest but can't use them or else do indeed get venue problems. In fact I have not seen a single problem with ST with no mods, but the minute I even add Overwatch weird little things start happening, like stage problems or gig problems or those sing a gram not always happening.The sims don't show in large crowds either. Re- install ST, and add no mods and none of those problems happen. The crowds go back to lots of sims and everything works like it should.

Those two shows I hosted in MV, the simmers had lots of trouble touring in other worlds where the players used Twallans mods - always the ones lists was Overwatch, error trap, and MC.

I also know when pre-testing and certain things happened right off they asked if I had any of Twallans mods. I thought that was real peculiar as they did not say mods - they said them by name.

Of course I did not have any mods while beta testing, but I was not surprised to see people with any trouble with ST used Twallans mods. Everyone I talked to has stated they have the newest versions too. But half those listed problems in Crinricts list i find it more than a little coincidence that without those mods - these "bugs" do not exist. I also found out just removing the mods does not fix it. Which is even stranger from a non-core mod like Overwatch.

Oh and by the way, it is error trap that fixes the problems it finds, the game does not fix itself. It is why you only see the error once - because error trap fixes it. If you get the error more than once, then you need to let twallan know, as that means ET can't fix it, and he has to find a fix and add the info to ET. But that too is a problem with ST.

I know I am no longer testing worlds though as i can't use those two tools without reinstalling my game, so I am not testing anymore period.

But anyway - maybe you can figure it out - i just find it a real strange coincidence. My game has never played so perfectly.

But good luck on your remake - if anyone can do it - you can.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/02/12 09:15 AM

Writin_Reg

In Lunar lakes I added the portal type venues for those and the backlot I put in the basement of the modern bistro on a 20 x 30 lot that fit nicely in town.

Someone though had made the portals for the missing building that worked nice - so i had no need for any huge lots added to that. Course I have not been back in LL since I got ST, so Lord knows how those buildings are now as they required the mod folder and I do not have my mod folder in here anymore after the last reinstall thanks to the overwatch thing. So I will have to figure that out when I finally tire of ST. As I am fond of LL.

HappySimmer3

DD I will try to help with the Simporting but I will have to switch game folders again. I had pretty much given up on it and put all my mods back in yesterday and played offline. It might be tricky to coordinate though since I don't usually get home and get on the pc before probably 8 or 9pm your time.

Speaking of mods it does sometimes take Twallan a while before he can find all the code that needs to be changed, but his mods are so popular I'm not surprised so many people report using them. They fix the game and make it worth playing so a few bugs in the beginning are more than worth it to me. That is if one really is the cause of problems. Do you log in to play, WR? And have you used Simport? Just curious since those things could also be the cause of problems. Many people have reported that their issues lessened when they stopped using the social features.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: