Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What makes terrain unroutable?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
krystinaa

Maybe this is just a blonde moment, but there is clearly routes going to the empty space I am trying to lay down. It's right on the corner of an intersection of two roads.

Is there a way to get around this and put a plot there? Its flat and the perfect size. Help?

If I am totally off the marker of what unroutable terrain means, please feel to make fun of me in any way you deem fit.
ThisSIMisCrazed

krystinaa wrote:Maybe this is just a blonde moment, but there is clearly routes going to the empty space I am trying to lay down. It's right on the corner of an intersection of two roads.

Is there a way to get around this and put a plot there? Its flat and the perfect size. Help?

If I am totally off the marker of what unroutable terrain means, please feel to make fun of me in any way you deem fit.

Are you in a custom-made neighborhood? Sometimes the person who made it might have made a mistake and made that section unrouteable.

EDIT: Unroutable just means that you are not allowed to place lots in that area, and Sims are not allowed to walk there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/11 11:07 PM

krystinaa

ThisSIMisCrazed wrote:

Are you in a custom-made neighborhood? Sometimes the person who made it might have made a mistake and made that section unrouteable.

Not at all. I am in sunset valley. The original. Not downloaded or anything.

EDIT of your EDIT: that is silly.. it's just land with road next to it. All should be usable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/11 11:09 PM

evilkytti

Can you take a picture and show us where it is?

krystinaa

darn you EA for not allowing thses things!
krystinaa

here is photos of where...
Conorsim

Oh, you should know that placing lots is ALWAYS awkward. I've even found it's hard to place lots when clearly there's no routable painting there! It really is ridiculous.

krystinaa

Conorsim wrote:Oh, you should know that placing lots is ALWAYS awkward. I've even found it's hard to place lots when clearly there's no routable painting there! It really is ridiculous.

I know right? For two years now, I've often wondered.. and just now decided to ask. The even funnier part is when you accidentally delete a plot, and try to put it back... it doesn't go back!!! That's the worst.
nicolebrittanyy

Placing lots in that game just flat out SUCKS!
GBA91101Nver4get

I agree, I have the same problem. I accidentally deleted a lot in sunset valley, and wanted to put one similar in it's place. I ended up having to use a smaller lot that doesnt touch the sidewalk. As a result the house that's on that weirdly placed lot, is an ince from the sidewalk. Needless to say it looks strange.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011
Klendr

Is there a cheat to turn the unroutable thing off? I`ts really annoying....
Cate_0014

i feel your pain! It seems that virtually everywhere is unroutable, and once you find somewhere, its the most awkward location ever!
Fullmetal1890P

Try backing it up from the road some. I've found the only way that I can place lots is by putting them practically in the middle of a block. It doesn't matter though, anytime I've placed a lot it became corrupt and glitched and the people living there would have all sorts of ridiculous problems due to the game not liking that I changed the neighborhood a little bit. I tell ya.
shanza311

Does anyone know of anyway to turn off the unrouteable terrain? I would love to be able to expand my towns with more lots, but every EA created town is so limited because you cannot place lots where you want. I think that as long as your by a road, you should be able to place a lot there. Being able to add lots from expansions to existing towns would sure be nice. I would love to have a city where I could have every type of lot available to my sims, instead of having to pick and choose, or instead of having to switch to another town.
StevieSays

shanza311 wrote:Does anyone know of anyway to turn off the unrouteable terrain?

there's gotta be a cheat. bump.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: