Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Free Vacation Glitch *Help*  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
jesmaec

So, back when my kids first became teens I got the message that my adults were given a free 2 day vacation etc, etc.

However they never left for it. The parents just continued about their business. They went to work and had a normal day. All the children in the house can interact with them they can throw parties all normal interactions are there. So at first I figured it just didn't happen...

However, when you look in the relationship panel for the parents they are greyed out and say they are on vacation and neither parent can select "Travel" from the computer or phone menus. It says that they are already traveling.

The plot thickens...The teenagers in question just became adults and now they are unable to travel. the travel button says that all the adults are already traveling. This has spread to the next generation!

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!
jesmaec

I forgot to mention that I have already tried using the "Restsim" cheat and it literally did nothing.

SimiLova

I wish I could help you with this. I'm sort of going through the same thing with my triplet family. The parents got a second invite to go on a free vacation. But I guess because they were too tired after the dad aged up to an adult or something. Cause although I checked yes for them to go. They never left. They didn't grey out but their inventories were empty like when they went on their last free vacation. But neither left the house. The teens had the want of throwing a party. So I don't know what happened. I unfortunately wound up restarting with another family as I couldn't fix that glitch at all.
babyblueartest

well, you might try a couple things:
.moving the family out then back in
.try moving one adult out and another in
.if house is not full, have another adult move in, have that adult call to move the household to another house, and see if they come back from vacation
sorry, those are all my suggestions..good luck
sugarz91

Just out of curiosity, did you use "restsim" as you stated, or resetSim first name last name? For me, this cheat is pretty much the cure-all. Otherwise, try babyblue's suggestions.
jesmaec

I tried all of those trcks and I also went into edit town and evicted the family and moved them back in. Now the new adults can schedule a vacation but the parents are still Breyer out in the relationship panel and they can select the travel option but can't actually book a trip. It says they are "still recovering" from the trip they never took.

When I tried the reset sim cheat I did use the sim in questions full name.

This is very annoying. I wanted to have the parents take a second honeymoon now that the kids are grown.
crinrict

So they still have the travel moodlet ?

Try testincheatsenabled true and then ctl-click on the moodlet to remove it,

jesmaec

They don't have a travel moodlet. That's why it's so weird.
crinrict

Random idea: Did you delete the cache files ?

jesmaec

I just tried it and it didn't work.
ashleyd43

My issue with the free vacation is that when the parents return, they automatically age up to adult but then they have a second birthday after that and turn into elders.
169wow

I've had that happen to me too! But I haven't really done anything to fix it, lol.
It's just sad though, because their daughter is getting married Snd I can't invite them to the wedding because the parents don't show up in the invite list.

jesmaec

I noticed that after I evicted and moved my family in their house they lost all previous moodlets....so...I was kind of hoping that after 2 sim days passed, like the normal time frame for the vacation moodlet that my sims would be back to normal.

But not so much...

*Sigh*

I guess I have learned my lesson...just say no to the "free" vacation!
girly420

i am having terrible problems because of the free vacation.
my family contains 2 parents, a teen and twin children.
the parents are offered a free 2 day vacation so that the teen can throw a teen party.
so i send them.
after the 2 days are over, the parents attempt to return.
it is the middle of the night and the household is asleep.
the father returns successfully, however does not remember where to sleep and his opportunities are either blank or say "return home to complete" even though they have not been completed.
the mother appears to be home however she is not there, her picture is gone and it's just a green square there.
the teen ends up sleeping in a sleeping bag, for some strange reason, and she is completely invisible.
both of the twin daughters jump out of bed and end up somewhere else on the lot however, one of the twins is invisible as well.
when i try to put the visible twin back to bed, she immediately pops out again somewhere random on the lot.

i tried exiting without saving and replaying it from the last save but the same thing keeps happening over and over.
this is a terrible bug and needs to be fixed.

i do not have any cc or mods.
loobylou1985

hi,
i am having the exact same problem!!
very frustrating, i have stopped playing my family which i am not happy about, as i jsut made an imaginary friend real too!

I posted on the technical forum but not had a reply.

how do i move my family out and back in?
And will i lose all progress etc?

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: