Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Negative moodlet is frozen - no way to fix?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Anoryzae

I have a negative moodlet that won't go away. My sim had some spoiled food in her inventory but even after getting rid of it the Disgusted moodlet didn't disappear. It says that there's 10 minutes left but stays frozen like that no matter how long I play the game.

I remember in the original Sims you could just use the Move Objects On cheat to select and then "delete" your sim which had the effect of them disappearing and re-appearing with a totally full mood bar. It was a great way to fix glitches but when I tried it in the SIms 3 my sim just disappeared and never came back. I was hoping the ResetSim cheat would do the trick but that just moves them to a new location, it doesn't remove moods.

So it looks like I'm stuck with this bad moodlet until my poor sim dies. Anybody else have this problem?
Whiskeyclone

Yeah. Before. I'm not bothering to fetch out the thread though, as there wasn't an answer to it either.

Why do people keep spoiled food in their inventory?

It's a fire, for what? Time for faith, we thought.
SelahFreeAtLast

Anoryzae wrote:I have a negative moodlet that won't go away. My sim had some spoiled food in her inventory but even after getting rid of it the Disgusted moodlet didn't disappear. It says that there's 10 minutes left but stays frozen like that no matter how long I play the game.

I remember in the original Sims you could just use the Move Objects On cheat to select and then "delete" your sim which had the effect of them disappearing and re-appearing with a totally full mood bar. It was a great way to fix glitches but when I tried it in the SIms 3 my sim just disappeared and never came back. I was hoping the ResetSim cheat would do the trick but that just moves them to a new location, it doesn't remove moods.

So it looks like I'm stuck with this bad moodlet until my poor sim dies. Anybody else have this problem?

Make sure the house is clean and there are no spoiled leftovers in the fridge. I don't know if that will fix it or not but it's worth a try.

AKA Dee
justinmmm690

Yeah, make sure there is nothing else that would be considered garbage lying around and empty your garbage cans if you have any.
Anoryzae

Nope, I know it's a glitch because it is stil frozen even when she's out and about in the neighborhood (plus I moved her into a new, clean house).

Oh well, I'm just glad it didn't freeze on a really negative moodlet. Right now it's annoying but pretty negligable.
sweetlttdevl

Whiskeyclone wrote:Yeah. Before. I'm not bothering to fetch out the thread though, as there wasn't an answer to it either.

Why do people keep spoiled food in their inventory?

Say you make some cookies for the bake thingy and you don't get them there quickly enough, they go bad in your 'pocket'.
chanmight

I have the exact same problem. I have a Disgusted moodlet stuck on 10 minutes to countdown. No matter where my Sim goes, or what she's doing, it won't go away. Drives me nuts because I have to work extra hard to put some positive moodlets on the board in order to counteract it. I think it must be a glitch because I've tried everything. I've cleaned the house from top to bottom. I've redecorated. I've scrubbed my Sim clean. Nothing makes it go away.
PosterGirl

I was having that same problem and thought it was a glitch, I found out that food can spoil if it's sitting in their backpack (inventory). I had my sim make some key lime pie and was going to have her take it to work to complete an opportunity. The prepared food in your sims inventory becomes spoiled faster than it does in the fridge. The negative moodlet sits at 10min until you remove it from wherever the source of bad food is located (it can be in inventory, fridge, or just laying around).

EDIT: Look in your sim's inventory and hover over any food items and see which one is foul/spoiled/gone bad.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/05/09 09:26 PM

Show your dissatisfaction with EA & what they've done with The Sims 4:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/760141.
page
trussk

I had this problem too. One way to fix it is to switch your controled family and then switch back. The bad modlet should be gone. Do this only after you checked for spoiled food in your inventory.
Eilonwynn

Check for spoiled food AS WELL AS a pile of garbage in your inventory (you can get it by "rummaging" in other trashcans)

If that doesn't work, try turning testingcheats on, and ctrl-clicking on the moodlet and see if that makes it go away.
chloe2007

How do you get spoiled food out of your inventory in your backpack?
Eilonwynn

Click & Drag from your inventory into the Trash Can.
NinjaJ

As other people have already said.. it's in your "back pack." Just like TS2, where they'd put the garden food, furniture, etc. Not the fridge inventory. That's why it follows you. I had this happen to me just yesterday and took me forever to figure it out. I didn't know the food in there would go bad.Once I took it out, and set it on the counter for the sim to throw away, the bad mod went away.
lamBrit

Easy fix in my post entitled "Stuck moodlets? I've got a Fix" in this forum.

It involves using the cheat dialog
my_bullitt

The great thing about this glitch is it's not just from spoiled food. I have the same problem, but with mysterious bags of trash (10 CONSTANT minutes of my sim being ticked off over garbage that doesn't exist) - which is kind of funny since I bought a trash compactor, and the only thing I can do with that is tinker with it...unbelievable....

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: