Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Items missing from inventory after trip.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Raye898

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but figured I'd put it here since it has to do with the Wold Adventure feature.

I sent my two sims to Shang Simla. Everything worked well enough, the game would lag which was annoying, but nothing more than that until it was time for them to go home. When it was time for them to leave the notice came up like it should. When the loading screen came up it loaded for a while before giving me an error -of sorts- saying there was a problem and that it was advised that I restart the application. The error didn't have a number (such as 12 or 16).

I've managed to get past that problem, but now when they go home it takes me back to a previous save before I went on the trip. It still gives me the perks of being on the trip, and it acknowledges the adventure missions I've done, but I don't have any of the items I acquired when I was away (nothing I found in tombs, and nothing I bought from the market.) I also don't have any of the money I made over the trip.

I had been saving all my files using the 'save as..' because I was having the Error code 12 problem (also solved so far). I deleted all the old save files so I only have the save file where they're still on their trip, but that hasn't helped. I tried going home early and I've waited for the trip time to run out, but it's the same either way.

I have the Base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, and Generations. I also have the latest patch.

I've never had this problem before; I don't know if it was Generations or the patch that caused this; my sim had gone to Shang Simla before, and had no problems, but I can't remember if that had been before or after I got the Generations and patch.

I don't have any custom content or mods.

Has anyone had this problem before, know how to fix this problem, or know where I can post this to get help? I've heard EA is useless and just doesn't care when it comes to problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/01/11 04:53 AM

thetxsvxn

I don't have any custom content or mods, either. I am playing a Legacy family with the 2nd generation adult son of the founder, his adult wife, their 3rd generation young adult daughter and 3rd generation teenage son. Both 2nd gen son and his wife visited France and came home with no problems. However, as a birthday present to the 3rd generation daughter when she turned YA I sent her alone to China. The problems started when she returned home. Suddenly the 2nd generation adult male could not sleep in any bed. He would get into the bed, start to sleep, and suddenly be awake and standing upright. Anyone who slept in the bed with him were affected by the bug. I tried deleting the bed and buying a new one but this did not cure the problem. I tried to move the family out and move them back in, but this just resulted in the loss of my user control panel and I had to force the game to close and come back in. The first time it happened the only thing I could do was to export the family to the family bin and then create a new town and move them in there.

Also, while she was in China (both times) I had her buy the fortune cookie factory machine plus both martial arts work-out items. I was told these were put in the family inventory, but when she got back home they weren't there.

I have every expansion except Generations, and do have the patch.
Raye898

Well, I've emailed EA technical support, so hopefully they'll have something useful to say.
Raye898

Update: No reply from EA tech support yet.

I noticed I had a backup from one of my old old old saves that I had deleted in the game, but somehow did not get deleted in the folder, so I deleted that, and took the save file from before I went on the trip and went on the trip again.

When I came back from the trip I did have the items that were put in my sim's personal inventory (such as things from tombs), but I still didn't have anything that was put in the family inventory (such as things I got at the market and things that was sent to my sim for being a celebrity). I also still did not get any of the money I made while on the trip. :/

So anyone else having this problem might want to check and make sure they don't have any weird save files or save files that they shouldn't have in their save folder.
Raye898

Update:

Well, I got a reply from EA. It seems they have an automated system going through the tickets and not any real people. I sent them a ticket with exactly what I had posted in my first post about my problem. The response I got was telling me how to fix an Error code 12 problem. Not what I wanted help with!

If a real person had been looking at my ticket they would have seen my problem was NOT error code 12, but since they're using an automated system that's looking for keywords; it saw error code 12 and ran with it.

I sent them a reply telling them I want a REAL person to look at it.
We'll see what happens.
Raye898

No reply from EA after updating my ticket.

I've also noticed I can't perform things for my jobs. My female sims is an actress and when I go to do the extra jobs; I can't do them. She was suppose to audition people for a role and nothing would happen. I would click on a sim, and click the "audition sim' option, and she would walk up to sim and talk to the sim but nothing would happen after that.

Her husband is in the Political career and whenever I throw a fundraiser party (haven't tried any other parties) no one shows up; it doesn't matter what time I set the party for, what day the party is on, no one ever comes. Everyone I invite is a friend of his or his wife's, and he and his wife are a 4 star and 5 star celebrities. I've invited people to their apartment, and I tried inviting people to one of the lounges and no one showed up, so I think it's yet another problem with the game.

I use to be able to throw fundraiser parties when he was single, so I don't know if it stopped working when he moved in with his wife, or if it happened after they went to Shang Simla.

I know his wife's career extra's stopped working after going on the trip.
Raye898

Update:

I got a response from EA and they said they're aware of the problem, but don't know when a fix will be made.
KatAnubis

Raye898 wrote:Update:

I got a response from EA and they said they're aware of the problem, but don't know when a fix will be made.

I wish they could tell us when a fix would be available for things like this. However, I understand why they don't do that. When they would give people estimates of when they'd have an update ready, if they were even a few hours late (when they had said it was an estimate), people would accuse them of lying and other horrible things. So now they just let us stew in our own juices because people were so nasty when they gave us estimates.
Raye898

KatAnubis wrote:
Raye898 wrote:Update:

I wish they could tell us when a fix would be available for things like this. However, I understand why they don't do that. When they would give people estimates of when they'd have an update ready, if they were even a few hours late (when they had said it was an estimate), people would accuse them of lying and other horrible things. So now they just let us stew in our own juices because people were so nasty when they gave us estimates.

I can understand not wanting to tell people when the next patch is going to come out, but I wish they would tell us what they're working on and what is going to be fixed in the next patch. Saying "this this and this is going to be fixed in the next patch", would at least give the people suffering those problems some piece of mind, and let us know that something is being done; as it is right now, we have absolutely no indication of what they're doing or if they're really doing anything. (I'm sure they are, but some indication of what would be nice)

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: